• Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Myuer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you mean the fans translation team of AAI2? So, you implied that this group won't translate the sequel of DGS? Does there are any internal conflict happened with this this team already?
I mean the ones that developed the game.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I mean the ones that developed the game.

Well, I don't know about that. Since, compared to AAI2, DGS series was directed by Shu Takumi. I don't know the reason why the AAI2 team was disbanded, but I don't think the same thing will also happened to a game directed by the creator of the series himself.

Myuer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I don't know about that. Since, compared to AAI2, DGS series was directed by Shu Takumi. I don't know the reason why the AAI2 team was disbanded, but I don't think the same thing will also happened to a game directed by the creator of the series himself.
And why not? It's common that teams are disbanded and get assigned to other projects when they have finished previous planned projects.

It was disbanded because they finished the series and people were assigned other stuff to do. Same thing will happen to Takumi if DGS2 will be for real conclusive chapter for this spinoff serie.

Last edited by Myuer,

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is this thread dead now that the other one exists?

Don't think so. Apparently, as opposed to AAI2 which mainly used one thread, the team will make new threads for releases and related discussion, and keep the ongoing project talk here. I'm not in the team though, so that's just my guess.

(Still wondering if I made the right move not applying back when xz opened this thread ^_^)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
The drama was horrible.
It's not like people didn't come up with their own "solutions" to the "problem". It's not the end of the world, it's not the first time this kind of thing happened. Riivolution for example, but that was from 2010, when people didn't pretend online witch hunts were noble and defensible acts to right the world's wrongs. It's inevitable the internet will come out with a way to undo this limitation, and everyone will get what they want (it already is). Everyone know this and it's obvious this is not what all of this is about)

Harassment is not okay and pretending it's done out of care for the project is laughably dishonest. I'm willing to bet many envious lazy bums who can't stand more achieving people jumped at this opportunity to make them come down "to their place", or the many dissatisfied with early translation choices and wanting to force people's hands on the matter.

I hope the team will stay strong until the remaining episodes rather than get swallowed in this destructive spiral of negativity.
It's incredibly transparent how so many of these posters have an axe to grind with the project's existence (from "buying retail carts don't help series future in US, I'd rather Capcom not see it profitable to release only in Japan" then in the same breath not helping themselves from giving out their true colors "If it's not an official translation in the style of Capcom USA I'd rather this project not exist at all, the project's existence, er excuse me, the retail cart requirement IS what's preventing US releases")
While I personally find the rationale behind the retail only policy pointless given it's the internet and there will be always a way, I wouldn't blame the team much for how things turned out. It would have turned out like this either way, for any other reason, from the Dual Destinies font requirement, to any other tiny typo in the patch, or Dahlia v.0.9.0 isn't speaking Victorian Welsh and that's a missed opportunity.

Last edited by GHANMI,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The harassment is unwarranted but the frustration isn't. Locking out users who legitimately purchased the game via the eShop just to stop pirates who are going to - and already have mind you - circumvent your protective measures is only hurting people who actually bought it and isn't doing anyone a favor.
Pirates are playing the translation happily right now, people who have the game digitally and don't pirate aren't.

At any rate, I hope the rest of the translation goes smoothly. Don't let the harassers get to you guys, they're not worth your time or your energy.

Reactions: DarthVitrial

Myuer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's incredibly transparent how so many of these posters have an axe to grind with the project's existence (from "buying retail carts don't help series future in US, I'd rather Capcom not see it profitable to release only in Japan" then in the same breath not helping themselves from giving out their true colors "If it's not an official translation in the style of Capcom USA I'd rather this project not exist at all, the project's existence, er excuse me, the retail cart requirement IS what's preventing US releases")
To be honest. When I see this argument I just get triggered because it seems that a lot of people really don't know how Videogame sales works. If you buy the game from Play-Asia, you are helping the numbers of the Japan Market. You are not doing a +1 sales for the west market. But only for the Japanese one. Since Capcom clearly dosen't have any interest to port the game into the west, because spin offs are a failure in terms of sales in the west, you are just helping them to have more games targeted to the Japan market only. So in the end, Capcom wins. They will not still bring the game in the west.

Last edited by Myuer,
Reactions: AutumnWolf

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice spoiler.

Right back at you, I guess?

A villaneous female character possibly existing in the eventful DGS duology now counts as a spoiler? In the Ace Attorney series of all things?
Next thing you'd tell me, this game might have cross-examinations and psychological breakdowns.
Even in context (for someone watching the subbed videos), this is ridiculous.

I suspect that wasn't the main problem with my post, just sayin'.

Last edited by GHANMI,

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right back at you, I guess?

A villaneous female character possibly existing in the eventful DGS duology now counts as a spoiler? In the Ace Attorney series of all things?
Next thing you'd tell me, this game might have cross-examinations and psychological breakdowns.
Even in context (for someone watching the subbed videos), this is ridiculous.

I suspect that wasn't the main problem with my post, just sayin'.
A spoiler is a spoiler. Might as well call Asougi "Mia Fey v.0.9.0", then.

Reactions: Fluto

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
A spoiler is a spoiler. Might as well call -snip-, then.

For someone fishing for spoiler policing, you sure aren't afraid of dropping actual major spoilers casually.

In a duology with 10 chapters set mostly in London and full of Victorian-era dressed women NPCs posing as noble ladies like Dahlia Hawthorne's demeanor at the beginning of her case, is it a "major spoiler", that one of them might be an accomplice/villain to one of the numerous cases, coming from a series where each single game except two shamelessly reused the Dahlia villain archetype?

Not to mention that, in context, [ before the character in question even appears on-screen or is even named, it's established in the trial that she stole and destroyed evidence from the murder scene and tried to frame the character for murder, and it's a tutorial case (not that I even mentioned which case it was, but boy thanks for nothing for trying to make that connection explicit for me when I tried to even avoid naming her), and you're telling me her being a villain is a major surprise? No shit. For someone fishing for hints of spoilers you sure got the hint. ]

And thanks for nothing for the actual spoiler in your reply.

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the game yet. I didn't know I was spoiled until someone mentioned it.
Sorry, but people need to fuck off and stop posting spoilers. This isn't a thread talking about the actual game, it's a thread about the fan translation where 99% of people in here haven't played it. Anyone posting spoilers either has malintent or is so fucking stupid and oblivious they shouldn't be posting in the first place.

hammageil

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just finished the first episode. The team did a fantastic job with the translation! :) Looking forward to the rest of the game - thanks a lot for all the hard work!!

Reactions: Uwabami

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1