Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulAnger said:
Yeah I think I know what Normmatt means. :-\
But not all people would be disappointed.

Hopefully you guys would know in the near future.

Now about the video, im currently rushing this till saturday(GMT +8) as I want to show a footage this incoming to my friend before he leaves.

Jes great
yaynds.gif
a new vid cool wecan believe you that you are working on it and you are not fooling with us like other people...
wacko.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, as expected making the concrete themes is the hardest part.
frown.gif

I just hope i could make it, if not lets just see what i could do.
frown.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sarvesh50 said:
SoulAnger said:
Yeah I think I know what Normmatt means. :-\
But not all people would be disappointed.

Hopefully you guys would know in the near future.

Now about the video, im currently rushing this till saturday(GMT +8) as I want to show a footage this incoming to my friend before he leaves.

Jes great
yaynds.gif
a new vid cool wecan believe you that you are working on it and you are not fooling with us like other people...
wacko.gif
SoulAnger would never fool around with us. Or would he?
ohmy.gif

Can't wait for the next video though.
yaynds.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
Man, as expected making the concrete themes is the hardest part.
frown.gif

I just hope i could make it, if not lets just see what i could do.
frown.gif

As long as everyone else can make themes it'll be cool either way.
Though you had me at "PSP style Ipod ish menu"
That alone was amazing enough.

I'll wait as long as it takes. I'm patient. So are many others.
We aren't expecting too much though. what we've seen so far is great as is.

Though I'm anxious to try my own hand at themes.
From the screens the skinning looks rather flexable to a point at least.
I'm already imagening alot of ideas for it.
Still kinda inspired by old Monochrome LCD PDA displays since my last skin creation really.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like I wont be able to meet the deadline for my friend.
frown.gif
Seems like I underestimated it.
BTW, heres a little more detail for the upcoming video.
It would cover up graphical updates for the most part, this includes the skin engine, and also the skinning and scripting tools. (This is the reason why i need concrete themes) For those who followed this project, they wouldnt get much surprise, as i have announced most of the features that will be shown. Although, there will be a few surprises here and there. I might also add the old features into the mix, just to show newcomers.
As for features like mPlayer, mPulutan, etc. Sorry to disappoint, but I wont be able to show anything, but I will assure you that these features will be the main focus for the next video.
smile.gif

shadow1w2 said:
As long as everyone else can make themes it'll be cool either way.
Though you had me at "PSP style Ipod ish menu"
That alone was amazing enough.

I'll wait as long as it takes. I'm patient. So are many others.
We aren't expecting too much though. what we've seen so far is great as is.

Though I'm anxious to try my own hand at themes.
From the screens the skinning looks rather flexable to a point at least.
I'm already imagening alot of ideas for it.
Still kinda inspired by old Monochrome LCD PDA displays since my last skin creation really.

Really? Thank you, that really boosted up my confidence. If you like doing skins then most likely, the next trailer/footage would (hopefully) be a treat for you.
smile.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Martiin said:
revolutionary.
new homebrew replacing moonshell?
I hope so.
If I could finish up the multimedia functions, thats the only time that I think it would be fair to compare it with moonshell :|

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Eh... I had a long reply about my feelings towards this homebrew, but I decided not to post it because I know a LOT of people would just see the bad points in it and say "Wow, how could you talk about it like that" and stuff like that.

Regardless, good job and hope we can see some sort of proof of the new features soon.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
good to see it's coming along soul, just make sure you put that awesome spinning disk some random awesome guy made into the video
tongue.gif

ps. it's awesome and not sucky
unsure.gif

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
Eh... I had a long reply about my feelings towards this homebrew, but I decided not to post it because I know a LOT of people would just see the bad points in it and say "Wow, how could you talk about it like that" and stuff like that.

Regardless, good job and hope we can see some sort of proof of the new features soon.
I would love to see that War.
biggrin.gif

I hope you would change your mind and post it. :">

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mister said:
I'm hoping that Team Cyclops allows for some kind've built-in alternative menu, obviously using MenuDO.
I beleive the CycloDS has a function that autoboots an NDS file.
You can find info Here.
Rename the NDS file autoload.nds and place it in the root of the SD card.
Then it'll autoboot each time and you can press X to skip it and goto the CycloDS menu.
Might take longer to boot than something booted fresh but its something atleast.
Sure ya gotta wait for the Cyclo Boot menu thing, but eh, won't really hurt anyway.
I'm gonna boot it that way if it works out well for me.

So far nothing could replace my CycloDS menu just yet.
Though at the least I could use menuDo for media and file managing.
DSorganize feels a little otta date already.

Hmm, any plans on including an intergating notepad/todolist/reminder/mutli alarm clock sorta thing? Would be kinda nice within the app.
Though Im curious to know about if it had plugin support of any sort.

Can't wait to get my hands on those skin files though :3

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Looks like SoulAnger just doesn't want to quit.. thanks for the updates on the project Soul!

You know I've been thinking about it and have seen it happen before (with horrifying consequences for some developers) but....:

Soulanger, if Team Cyclops (CycloDS Evolution) were to approach you and ask for your help, or even to use your project as their base for their " New GUI" in return for a financial incentive or other things... would you do it??

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He is now working on this and maybe he did it but still what happend to moonlight we dont know nobody knows the real story only m3 and moonlight but still moonlight was realy kind of sad i think that moonshell can be replaced bythis moonlight did so much for the ds homebrew scene the legendary coder lol legendary but ok he did really good things right so did others too and so can happen that this soul here can do it too make us happy
tongue.gif

dan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey, awesome work so far, you've rlly done a good job with it and you include features that some of us want and are not even on (for example) cyclo ds, i got a cyclo ds and something that im not very happy with is that it has no file manager (or none that ive seen on it loll) to delete, copy and whatever like the acekard, and i see your system has, not to metion that you've put some work on the visualizations of the skins and the whole system, you've done a very awesome work so far, i think i will use ur menu instead of cyclo's once you've released this menu.
very good work, keep it up!

(ya i know im not good at spelling or whatever but

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xylos said:
Wow! Looks like SoulAnger just doesn't want to quit.. thanks for the updates on the project Soul!

You know I've been thinking about it and have seen it happen before (with horrifying consequences for some developers) but....:

Soulanger, if Team Cyclops (CycloDS Evolution) were to approach you and ask for your help, or even to use your project as their base for their " New GUI" in return for a financial incentive or other things... would you do it??

The thing is way back, when MENUdo was announced, people was interested in this project. Hence, this includes cart manufacturers.
I remember back then, when I released officially the leak footage, that tempers were discussing about Cart Manufacturers might be so damn impressed with this.
The thing is I've been talking to many teams already, one of this days, hopefully you guys will know who I picked.
smile.gif

I didnt took it for money, though. I wont elaborate cause this is quite private.
As for those who wanted to use this as their replacement menu, there will be disappointed people.
There will be a free version, although with some features missing. I'm still trying my best to make it so you guys wouldnt be THAT disapointed.
It would also be a good way to see if you want to get the cart of the team I took.

Thanks for the question.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone needs a hug 🫂