Project 64 2.0

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys. It would be the license that the source has been released under that would primarily dictate what could or could not be done with it from a legal standpoint.

Reactions: Maxternal

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm actually kinda looking forward to this, considering that for years the N64 emulation scene has been... stagnant at best, hopefully this would lead more accurate emulation other then the we're-too-good-for-a-GUI Mupen64plus

Reactions: Satangel

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah !
I recently reinstalled Pj64 1.7 on my newer PC ( I did donate and register for the beta forums years ago ) and I was sad that no improvements were made over the years.
I even took out my real N64 controller with a USB adapter and got it to work with it again ( nothing beats the real N64 controller for N64 games IMO ).

I've already grabbed the latest version, I'll try it this afternoon.

Thing I've always been looking forward ( besides better compatibility with some games ) were more support for hi-res texture packs, and the option to render games at 60 fps.....a dream of mine since I saw a demo some years ago of Perfect Dark running trough a heavy modified emulator at steady 60 fps, when they said it was impossible to achieve without messing up the timing of the N64.

We'll see how this new version turns out to be, I still need to catch all the coins in DK64 :)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
PJ64 Open Source? Must be a joke :P

But, wow, I never knew the PJ64 team was still together. I thought they parted ways a while ago.
Jabo released a 1.6.1 update on his website that had many of the 1.7 fixes in it due to the person who ran the site (and thus donations) AFKing from the planet or something.
http://www.jabosoft.com/articles/114

If the site's been updated again, then either the person came back willingly, or control was handed over. Given the lack of donations, apparent change of the project plan, and some specifically-worded comments, I'm going to guess it's the latter. Especially as zilmar comments it's GPLv2 now.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks like it's still 1.7 internally (plugins are all 1.7). Needless to say, emulation is still as assy as it can get.

At least Kirby now works correctly, but I haven't tested it since 1.5/1.6, so who knows when it was really fixed.

My favourite test bench for N64 emulation (Evangelion 64) still fails horribly with black stuff everywhere.

So, 1964 (or one of those snazzy forks like ICE64) + Rice 4ever.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is awesome. Can't wait for all the forks to be updated, like PJ64k. Since all forks were based on the 1.4 source, they were heavily outdated.
I'm predicting ports to other platforms in the near future...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it's still 1.7 internally (plugins are all 1.7). Needless to say, emulation is still as assy as it can get.

At least Kirby now works correctly, but I haven't tested it since 1.5/1.6, so who knows when it was really fixed.

My favourite test bench for N64 emulation (Evangelion 64) still fails horribly with black stuff everywhere.

So, 1964 (or one of those snazzy forks like ICE64) + Rice 4ever.

Rice Video sucks. It doesn't even display Mystical Ninja 64's HUD correctly. Glide 64 FTW.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you guys know which experimental build was used to play Perfect dark at 60fps ? I think it was some custom build of 1964, but I can't find any info anymore ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1