Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all,

Just got my R4 from Dealextreme - arrived in exactly a week - better than I expected! When I'm putting files on the card (2GB) it occasionally corrupts everything, and I have to reformat the card and start again! Any idea what it is I could be doing wrong? Does it actually do any damage by just removing the card from the PC or do I ALWAYS have to stop the hardware first?

Thanks in advance guys.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just remove it without the safety thing. But there's an option somewhere which you have to check for that to be allowed (don't remember where), otherwise you'll have to do the 'stop hardware' thing everytime removing it. Assuming it's that what's causing the problem. You could try reformating it with different cluster access time with fat32 if that doesn't fix it.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll try to help you out.

Right-click your removable store device (in My Computer), and select Properties.

Then click the Hardware tab, select your removable storage device, and click Properties once more in that window.

Go to Policies, and select "Optimize for quick removal" (it should be as default). If not, select it, and press OK in all windows. Disconnect the hardware with Safe Removing it.

Then try a format (backup first if you have important data) with FAT32 or FAT, 4096 or 8192 cluster allocation.

Good luck.

If none of that resolves the issue, post back here and I'll give you another solution.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the above doesn’t work the next thing to try is use a different micro SD
read/ writer. And if the problem still continues it’s most likely your SD card.

Jaxtaylor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys - got to the bottom of it. I was using the reader on my pc, so I switched to the reader that was sent with the card - all sorted.

Thank you for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...