Hacking Problem with G6 REAL (?)

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last night was working ok, this morning, i've turned it on (ds lite+g6 real) and there were no games or saves on the card. Nothing! The NDS folder was empty. I reformat the card (through the ds) and copied back all my games and is working, for the moment.
My luck was i didn't have any important saves on the card (just 2-3 saves, from some games that i've just started). But what if it will happen again, and this time i will lose a save from the middle (or end) of a hard game (say Contra 4
tongue.gif
)? I think i will go berserk if that happens.
So....Why this happend? Is my card faulty?? How i can prevent this in the future? I paid for my G6 1gb real some 60$, so it's not cheap.
frown.gif

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I paid for my G6 1gb real some 60$, so it's not cheap.
frown.gif

Damn straight! mines messed up beyond solution (Games can't access the save battery) it's been like that for some time now. I paid good money for mine too and it worked for like just over a month, I treated it well, if I never manage to get it fixed, well I guess all I can say is it's a con.

Codekingmss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has worked great. It only corrupted when i bumped it loose while copying a game.

I do have a habit of backing up weekly because of my M3 adapter though so any corruption is minimal.

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
same here....but the one at fault was my retarded brother. He did it twice and now for some stupid reason, when i connect it to PC, it's asking for a driver. It wasn't like this last time. Does anyone know how to fix this?

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I just looked at the documentation on how to format it properly. Now it's fixed but we had a fight already. Still, i wanted to bash his stupid head in. Everything he touches, they break. I lost my save files too....

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just going to add that if ya'll get data corruption, there ARE pen drive data recovery programs. I've had my card corrupted about, 4 times already. Managed to save my .0s using some "Data Doctor Recovery" application. It's a pretty wonky looking application (on of those cheap dime a dozen looking "MP3 TO WAV RM WMVetc" setups), but it does the job. There may even be better ones. Just though I'd toss that out there since everytime I read about corrupted data, I only ever see people getting sad that they had to format. You can recover it first
smile.gif

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you CYatta for the tip.
wink.gif
I didn't know they work well for flash memory. With the hdd recovery programs i didn't have any luck in the past retrieving data form a hdd failure...

qal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2 fix this prblem all u hav 2 do is leve tha g6 card connected 2 the pc and it recharges the internal battery thts it easy as pie hmm pie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol