Problem with G6 REAL (?)

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Dead Ghost, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2005
    Last night was working ok, this morning, i've turned it on (ds lite+g6 real) and there were no games or saves on the card. Nothing! The NDS folder was empty. I reformat the card (through the ds) and copied back all my games and is working, for the moment.
    My luck was i didn't have any important saves on the card (just 2-3 saves, from some games that i've just started). But what if it will happen again, and this time i will lose a save from the middle (or end) of a hard game (say Contra 4 [​IMG])? I think i will go berserk if that happens.
    So....Why this happend? Is my card faulty?? How i can prevent this in the future? I paid for my G6 1gb real some 60$, so it's not cheap. [​IMG]

2. imz

imz GBAtemp's vigilante

Nov 6, 2007
    Gotham city
    Damn straight! mines messed up beyond solution (Games can't access the save battery) it's been like that for some time now. I paid good money for mine too and it worked for like just over a month, I treated it well, if I never manage to get it fixed, well I guess all I can say is it's a con.

3. Codekingmss

Codekingmss Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    United States
    Mine has worked great. It only corrupted when i bumped it loose while copying a game.

I do have a habit of backing up weekly because of my M3 adapter though so any corruption is minimal.

4. squall3031

squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2006
    same here....but the one at fault was my retarded brother. He did it twice and now for some stupid reason, when i connect it to PC, it's asking for a driver. It wasn't like this last time. Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. Dead Ghost
    OP

Jul 16, 2005
    I don't know, but after i formated it (from the ds), it works ok, i hope it will stay this way.

6. squall3031

squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2006
    Yeah, I just looked at the documentation on how to format it properly. Now it's fixed but we had a fight already. Still, i wanted to bash his stupid head in. Everything he touches, they break. I lost my save files too....

7. Codekingmss

Codekingmss Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    United States
    Anytime the PC won't see it. Wipe it from within the G6DS loader program.

8. xJonny

xJonny ...

Aug 16, 2007
    It's probably that it came loose after you connected it to the PC or something which corrupted it.

9. Arno

Arno GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, I had a similar problem, just that all the files on it got corrupted, not erased. Had to format, as well, though.

10. Wightslayer

Wightslayer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2008
    Join the club, man. That happened to me and I didn't back up so it was even worse. Man...I was just about to finish pokemon TT_TT

11. CYatta

CYatta GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2006
    United States
    Just going to add that if ya'll get data corruption, there ARE pen drive data recovery programs. I've had my card corrupted about, 4 times already. Managed to save my .0s using some "Data Doctor Recovery" application. It's a pretty wonky looking application (on of those cheap dime a dozen looking "MP3 TO WAV RM WMVetc" setups), but it does the job. There may even be better ones. Just though I'd toss that out there since everytime I read about corrupted data, I only ever see people getting sad that they had to format. You can recover it first [​IMG]

12. Dead Ghost
    OP

Jul 16, 2005
    Thank you CYatta for the tip. [​IMG] I didn't know they work well for flash memory. With the hdd recovery programs i didn't have any luck in the past retrieving data form a hdd failure...

13. qal

qal Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2007
    2 fix this prblem all u hav 2 do is leve tha g6 card connected 2 the pc and it recharges the internal battery thts it easy as pie hmm pie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice