Problem with both NesDS and SnesDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Mic_128, Jan 15, 2008.

Jan 15, 2008
  1. Mic_128
    OP

Newcomer Mic_128 Advanced Member

Australia
    Problem with NesDS: Trying to play Earthbound Zero (Mother) on my R4 with NesDS. It starts off okay, but when I choose a Save slot it fades to clack like it should, but doens't come up with anything afterwards. I've tested this on a Nes Emulater on my comp and it works fine

Problem with SnesDS: Fairly similar to above. Metroid, go through the start up cinimatic, main menu, choose save slot, and then it goes back to the start of the starting cinimatic again. Again, test on a Snes Emulater on computer has it working fine. Also, Earthbound (Mother 2) doesn't run at all, just blackscreens.

Any idea what's wrong?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Create your save file using a PC-based emulator, then transfer it to your card. This should let Mother work.

Not entirely sure why Super Metroid is freezing, but have you tried the game in SNEmulDS?

3. Mic_128
    OP

Newcomer Mic_128 Advanced Member

Australia
    It's not freezing, more like instead of starting the game it soft resets or something. I'll try SNEmulDS though and report back.

EDIT: SNEmulDS can't even see the roms. Get a blacnk list to choose from and if I press okay it crashes. [​IMG]
    EDIT2: Nm, figured out what I did wrong. Okay, Snes games aren't an issue, but still need to get the Nes one fixed. (Don't want to play Mother 2 without plaing the first one yet)

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Put it in the same folder as the NES rom, named the same as the rom (aside from having .sav at the end instead of .nes of course). NES DS should automatically see it and use it. Remember that in order to save your progress with NES DS, you'll need to first save in-game and then open up the File menu and tap "Save SRAM" to send the updated save info to the *.sav file.

5. Unchi-san

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    where do you go to tap "SAVE SRAM"? I think you need to do this for every nesds game? Thanks

6. Unchi-san

Member Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

United States
    never mind i am a dummy. i got it!

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    For anyone that hasn't figured this out yet, you just touch the bottom screen to bring up the menu.