Hacking Problem playing legitimate retail copy of Pokémon Platinum

q9p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to see a reported issue of this, so I'm posting on here in hopes that someone knows what is going on. You may have already seen this same question posted on /r/3DShacks, if you browsed the Q&A sticky post.

Having a specific issue with my O3DS XL while trying to play Pokémon Platinum. On boot, I'm getting this error:

Code:
The save data could not be accessed.

Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS game.

I've tried doing these steps (listed below) in the troubleshooting guide and have gotten no where with them.
  1. Copy `TWL Version Data - v0.cia` to the `/cias/` folder on your SD card
  2. Copy `DS Download Play - v1024.cia` to the `/cias/` folder on your SD card
  3. Copy `DS Internet - v2048.cia` to the `/cias/` folder on your SD card
  4. Copy `Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist - v11264.cia` to the `/cias/` folder on your SD card
  5. Copy either `New_3DS TWL_FIRM - v9936.cia` or `Old_3DS TWL_FIRM - v8817.cia` to the `/cias/` folder on your SD card
I guess I'm shit out of luck? My retail copy of Pokémon Diamond works fine. My R4i 3DS also works fine too. Along with my copy of Omega Ruby that I was just playing a few minutes ago.

Before anyone claims the copy of Pokémon Platinum is a fake, I pre-ordered the game and still have the figurine I got from GameStop. So I'm very certain that my copy is legitimate!

Someone suggested on /r/3DShacks Discord server that I do these inputs on boot. Up, Select and B on boot. This just made the screen smaller. The specs of my O3DS is running version 11.1.0-34 using A9LH. Also am running the latest stable version of Luma 3DS.

Edit: I did run the game successfully using a non-hacked O3DS and DS phat.

Edit 2: Issue is happening with all DS games.

Last edited by q9p,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a blue screen when you see that? If so, your cart might be dead. I had a similar issue with my platinum years ago. Also, try putting it into another ds, and see if that works.

q9p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a blue screen when you see that? If so, your cart might be dead. I had a similar issue with my platinum years ago. Also, try putting it into another ds, and see if that works.
Thought I had included this detail in my post. I did run the game successfully on a non-hacked O3DS and a DS phat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.