bula said:
D34DL1N3R said:
giantpune said:
it runs in GX r929 with the disc-in-the-drive and return-to patch commented out

And how do we comment those out?

you have to edit source.

Well I understand that part.
tongue.gif

I located the return-to patch, but am looking for the disc-in-the-drive one.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
WiiPower said:
bula said:
[...]
You are right but wip is broken in some loaders. This works in Neogamma 100%.

Configurable usb loader should have fixed .wip support now. Anyways, it's only NeoGamma and cfg with .wip support, i think, all others don't have it. What i said is that you can use the .wip to patch the main.dol manually and use the resulting .dol as alternative .dol in loaders without .wip support.

According to this changelog USB Loader GX also has wip support since r864: http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=864

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
WiiPower said:
bula said:
[...]

Configurable usb loader should have fixed .wip support now. Anyways, it's only NeoGamma and cfg with .wip support, i think, all others don't have it. What i said is that you can use the .wip to patch the main.dol manually and use the resulting .dol as alternative .dol in loaders without .wip support.

According to this changelog USB Loader GX also has wip support since r864: http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=864

It has wip support but does not work.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
bula said:
petspeed said:
WiiPower said:
bula said:
[...]

It has wip support but does not work.

Is that because of the disk-in-drive and return-to-loader patches or is the wip support itself not working?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
petspeed said:
Is that because of the disk-in-drive and return-to-loader patches or is the wip support itself not working?
It probably fails for the same reason it fails in Cfg. We have fixed Cfg .wip support, but I haven't released the new version, yet. As stated many times in this thread, Cfg v57b4 already has the patch integrated into the loader itself, so there is no need for the corrected .wip support right now, but the next version is also on the way anyway.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I could make a legal way to download this cIOS in wad form (I already did it for common cios's, and its 100% legal... still unreleased though), but I don't see the point when there will likely be a better fix released shortly
Just out of curiosity, where did you get the idea that accessing Nintendo's servers, without explicit permission and using unauthorized means is in any way 100% legal? I think Nintendo and the laws of many countries would beg to disagree...but I'm really curious to know if you've determined otherwise, or if you're just assuming something and making these claims based upon nothing more than that?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
bula said:
D34DL1N3R said:
giantpune said:
it runs in GX r929 with the disc-in-the-drive and return-to patch commented out

And how do we comment those out?

you have to edit source.

Well I understand that part.
tongue.gif

I located the return-to patch, but am looking for the disc-in-the-drive one.

I assume this is beginning of the return-to patch:
//giantpune's magic super patch to return to channels

But I still can't find anything for the disc-in-the-drive patch. Anyone else wanna have a look and/or tell me where it is?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
I assume this is beginning of the return-to patch:
//giantpune's magic super patch to return to channels

But I still can't find anything for the disc-in-the-drive patch. Anyone else wanna have a look and/or tell me where it is?
It's called __Patch_CoverRegister(dst, len).

surge21xx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is Awesome! Thank you D34DL1N3R you rock! I appreciate this quick fix so much! hopefully the GX team will see this too and help them develop the next revision when they get a chance to.

Additional: I only wish this was a WAD version, thats how I have GX setup. but this works for now! Thanks again!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
surge21xx said:
That is Awesome! Thank you D34DL1N3R you rock! I appreciate this quick fix so much! hopefully the GX team will see this too and help them develop the next revision when they get a chance to.

ThanX! Although I wouldn't have been able to do it without help in knowing what to look for from pepxl, giantpune, and Dr. Clipper.
It was still a task though, from someone who knows absolutely nothing about coding. But I love experimenting, playing with crap, taking things apart, seeing what makes things tick, and messing with shit until I can make it work with as little outside help as possible. I LOVE trial and error testing & learning, but sometimes ya gotta ask for a little guidance.
smile.gif

surge21xx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely agree with you there! Thats awesome you got it goin though. I didnt know how to patch the ISO till reading through the thread a bit. then I was able to figure it out. I like to figure things out too. its fun!

Feblex

Trophies
XP
Country
kauha said:
hmps i only installed ciosrev 19 based on 37 and played the prince of persia no worries

Did you do anything else? I reinstalled ios249rev19 based on 37 and worked for monster hunter tri but not for pop using usb loader gx rev929

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feblex said:
kauha said:
hmps i only installed ciosrev 19 based on 37 and played the prince of persia no worries

Did you do anything else? I reinstalled ios249rev19 based on 37 and worked for monster hunter tri but not for pop using usb loader gx rev929

I double checked by using the official r929 beta and PoP certainly does not work with those settings.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
I double checked by using the official r929 beta and PoP certainly does not work with those settings.
I have a feeling kauha is using Cfg. His post would make perfect sense if he were.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay