Hacking Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i try the ppf o matic patch method and work fine with cfg loader, its normal that dont work with usb loader gx?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
panmusic said:
I am astonished with your work Dr.Clipper (and everyone's else for the matter!)
Congratulations!!!
I tried the wip file after renaming it with the PAL ID (I have a PAL Wii) and started normally with Wiiflow without any freezes at all.After some minutes,it froze as I approached a save fountain.
I hope this helps...

the ID must match the games region not your Wii's region that maybe why it still freezes

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that takein care of, Thanks for the patch, now Super Mario Galaxy 2 is comeing out in just a bit and there is a good chance it will require a patch as well, I am sure you guys will eventually make is so the USB loaders will download these patches on its own the same as cheats, cover images and such as Dr C mentioned.

I assume I can place these patches on the USB drive rather than a sd card and cfg will know to look there for it right?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
brunchmiracle said:
WiiCrazy said:
And yep it's evident that the patch was known since that time when the pastie with the disassembly posted. Anyway, it was an easy trial and error stuff and I did just for the sake of it...
If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about translating that code from the pastie to the Hex in the dol file?

I didn't do that.. it was already done and posted in this thread....

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrinceNOOB said:
Dr. Clipper said:
PrinceNOOB said:
Nope named it correctly do I have to turn ocarina one or something?
Hmm, are you using IOS222/223/224? In Cfg prior to 57b3, the disc check is applied to all Hermes' IOSes still, and it is probably the same for Wiiflow. I have a feeling the patch will fail with 222/223 unless you disable that patch too.
im using 249
edit: no I dont

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to name the file with the ID of your game, not the region of your Wii.

As for the .wip not working but alt dol working, I have no idea! Could it perhaps be trying to compare the .dol in memory to the one on the drive? That would explain the disc check problem too...

We did have one confirmation of it working, but I guess that could have been a mistake like earlier. Damn.

OK, more confirmations of it working... Perhaps there's a different issue here. I guess we need more confirmations either way to determine what's going on.

peppers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:

As for the .wip not working but alt dol working, I have no idea! Could it perhaps be trying to compare the .dol in memory to the one on the drive? That would explain the disc check problem too...

We did have one confirmation of it working, but I guess that could have been a mistake like earlier. Damn.

OK, more confirmations of it working... Perhaps there's a different issue here. I guess we need more confirmations either way to determine what's going on.
I made a mistake

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:

One "nice" option/function for the loaders in the future would be an "get dol from game -> patch with wip -> save as altdol".
Then we wouldn't have to consern ourselfs with this type of checks also.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
IceIceBird said:
Dr. Clipper said:

One "nice" option/function for the loaders in the future would be an "get dol from game -> patch with wip -> save as altdol".
Then we wouldn't have to consern ourselfs with this type of checks also.

wouldnt activating wip and altdol from disk do this

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I named the file with the correct ID.I doublechecked it.
Anyway,time to go to bed.I wish good luck for all of you who try to find a solution and I hope that tommorow morning will be a better day...
wink.gif

edit:The really weird thing is that after placing the .wip file in the usb-loader folder,the game does not even boot with Cfg.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl: No, couse in the way I explained it would be hardcoded to the dol file instead of just patched in memory and therefore easier bypassing (modification) checks against the orginal/running dol couse they are the same.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I must say nice teamwork to get this game patched this fast
bow.gif

let's hope you can do the same om smg2
yaywii.gif

140 User(s) are reading this topic (106 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users) *member*, waninkoko, *more members*

seems even he is checking out how his own AP route is bypassed
biggrin.gif

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
I must say nice teamwork to get this game patched this fast
bow.gif

let's hope you can do the same om smg2
yaywii.gif
Dont get too excited yet I have'nt got it to work yet and I guess some ppl are having problems too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.