preference of rereleased content

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by RemixDeluxe, Apr 26, 2012.

?

When a game or movie gets rereleased again, how do you prefer it?

1. Original State - the only difference is that your able to play this game or movie on a current syste

42.9%
  2. Remastered - the game or movie has been remade to such great detail. It looks nothing like the origi

57.1%
Apr 26, 2012
  1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Personally if it were me I would want my video games in original form. Games like Ocarina of Time 3D had a **** remake and I would of preferred a port of the original game on there. At the same time I find some movies benefit from a remastering like the star wars movies.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
  3. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I prefer remastering. There's no point wishing a game had shittier graphics...the hell is the point in that. Graphics may not matter a whole lot, but if a game CAN have better graphics, why not give it better graphics?
    Ocarina of Time is a great example of that. Sure the 3D was 100% pointless, but the game looked so much nicer and played exactly the same. That's perfect.

4. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I'd much prefer a remastered version. If you just leave it in the original state, you'll alienate the audience you're catering to. While the nostalgia is a good thing, the main thing is to keep the core gameplay, while bringing the game up to speed with the day and age it is now.

5. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    3D makes everything entirely better, I love that Nintendo is re-releasing old games w/ 3D, we have 2 eyeballs for a reason, and that reason is THREE DEE. If a game is of any significant length (7+ hours) and I can choose between playing 2d and 3d versions, without question the 2D game will never ever be played, and the 3D one will be put on my gigantic glorious backburner.

This response does not entirely adhere to the topic of "remake" vs "non remake;" it's more of a pro 3d rant. I justify this response with the following observation: the original post doesn't specify why OoT 3D is a shitty remake, but rather suggests the 3D is a detrimental element in games.

I'm sorry if my response has flown so wildly off topic that it requires immediate deletion.

6. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Definately re-mastered, same game, better eye-candy, why not?

I don't think graphics are the be all to a game but if they can be improved upon, then so be it.

7. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Remastered, as long as the new version doesn't somehow lessen the original game.

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    >preferring remastered
    *cough*
    [​IMG]

isn't there three types of re-releases?
    there's ports, HD'd releases and remasters

I prefer HD'd myself.

9. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica