preference of rereleased content

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by RemixDeluxe, Apr 26, 2012.

?

When a game or movie gets rereleased again, how do you prefer it?

1. Original State - the only difference is that your able to play this game or movie on a current syste

42.9%
  2. Remastered - the game or movie has been remade to such great detail. It looks nothing like the origi

57.1%
  1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Personally if it were me I would want my video games in original form. Games like Ocarina of Time 3D had a **** remake and I would of preferred a port of the original game on there. At the same time I find some movies benefit from a remastering like the star wars movies.

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
  3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I prefer remastering. There's no point wishing a game had shittier graphics...the hell is the point in that. Graphics may not matter a whole lot, but if a game CAN have better graphics, why not give it better graphics?
    Ocarina of Time is a great example of that. Sure the 3D was 100% pointless, but the game looked so much nicer and played exactly the same. That's perfect.

4. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    I'd much prefer a remastered version. If you just leave it in the original state, you'll alienate the audience you're catering to. While the nostalgia is a good thing, the main thing is to keep the core gameplay, while bringing the game up to speed with the day and age it is now.

5. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    3D makes everything entirely better, I love that Nintendo is re-releasing old games w/ 3D, we have 2 eyeballs for a reason, and that reason is THREE DEE. If a game is of any significant length (7+ hours) and I can choose between playing 2d and 3d versions, without question the 2D game will never ever be played, and the 3D one will be put on my gigantic glorious backburner.

This response does not entirely adhere to the topic of "remake" vs "non remake;" it's more of a pro 3d rant. I justify this response with the following observation: the original post doesn't specify why OoT 3D is a shitty remake, but rather suggests the 3D is a detrimental element in games.

I'm sorry if my response has flown so wildly off topic that it requires immediate deletion.

6. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Definately re-mastered, same game, better eye-candy, why not?

I don't think graphics are the be all to a game but if they can be improved upon, then so be it.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Remastered, as long as the new version doesn't somehow lessen the original game.

8. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    >preferring remastered
    *cough*
    [​IMG]

isn't there three types of re-releases?
    there's ports, HD'd releases and remasters

I prefer HD'd myself.

9. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Remastered, sure.

Can't beat the original tho.