I want to make a video game that is community built

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i know this is a very reach for the stars idea but you gotta fk around to ever find out.

Here is the basic concept..

The game is like a historicical evolution of the progression of video games

So it would kinda be a smash of a bunch of emulators and game engines that play damn nere every genre.

So like when you insert the disc your welcomed with a real basic boot screen. You have 1 option, start game.

The first level is pong. 2 bars and a dot. After you beat the ai at pong it jumps to like the arcade game snake, beat that it goes to a level of frogger

And as you kinda play a small demo of different games each game progresses onto a newer game in the historical timeline. So the first 10 or so levels are like atari 2600, then 10 nes games, then snes ect. This is a loose concept and just like how as a kid in the 90s we grew up along side the graphical evolution of the games. I was born the year of the nes 1985.

So the real like super hard idea of this project would be to try to make it so after beating the game, on a second play through you start at pong again but the grarfixs of pong are current gen. Like ray tracing shadows of the pong paddles.

Like imagine playing a game like "bro force" but each time you beat it the graphics on the next play through upgrade till its like 8ths play through and the graphics look like rdr2

Ok. Let me know your feedback good or bad.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have described a larger scale version of Evoland. I very much recommend playing it and/or its sequel Evoland 2 if you're interested in the concept applied solely to action/adventure games:

Edit:
If you are interested, definitely go for the Legendary Edition since that's on sale at the moment and includes both games for less than buying either one alone:

Reactions: KiiWii

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of Nintendo remix, I think it was.

Play a bit from each game, and move on to next.

Quick fire. But tat was only NES games..
Yes. The overall goal of the game is to experience the evolution of video games as the levels progress. So these kids actually know the struggles and appricate the ps6 graffics a lil more than thats just how games always have been

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?