[PPOTW] Which system has the best controller?

Which system has the best controller?

• Wii

Votes: 43 6.8%
  • WiiU

Votes: 167 26.5%
  • PS3

Votes: 105 16.6%
  • PS4

Votes: 72 11.4%
  • Xbox

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 136 21.6%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 90 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
For me playing long sessions with the Xbox controller hurts my wrist for some reason. The dual shock 3 feels a lot more ergonomic for me. (Have kinda big hands if that's matter's)

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power glove!!!

On a non joking note.... It's hard to pick a "best controller" some are better for some types of games and some of it is down to personal preference.

For some games the Wii controller blows every other controller away, and for other games it just blows...

I love my mouse and keyboard for FPS games, but for fighting games? Eh no... not so much.

Although if I had to pick a jack of all trades, I probably would pick the Wii-U pad. It does a little of everything so you can probably make every style of game on it effectively.

I still voted for "Other"

Reactions: Maxternal

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I gotta vote for "other" and say "Gamecube Controller". Considering placement of sticks, D-Pad and Buttons it just always felt best in my hands. The Wii Classic Controller Pro is also a good candidate. In fact, probably even better than the GC Controller. But I didn't want to vote for "Wii" because people would missunderstand.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some games the Wii controller blows every other controller away, and for other games it just blows...

That got me curious as with the exception of the move the wand around the screen I can not think of any that really did well. That said my experiences with the wii were not the broadest so there are quite likely to be gaps. However as that is unlikely to include lightgun, platform, driving/flying or menu based stuff (better than straight controller but not better than touchscreen) I am not sure where that leaves us.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
my vote goes to the Kinect

that's what happens when you buy those Chinese knockoffs in Mercado Libre ;)

No :(

It came with the console. It's original, though. I double checked.

Same situation with the PSP, horrible D-Pad. Had to take it apart and place little pieces of paper between the plastic and the rubber.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That got me curious as with the exception of the move the wand around the screen I can not think of any that really did well. That said my experiences with the wii were not the broadest so there are quite likely to be gaps. However as that is unlikely to include lightgun, platform, driving/flying or menu based stuff (better than straight controller but not better than touchscreen) I am not sure where that leaves us.

It really seemed like most of the time developers had a hard time adapting to the Wiimote, but when they did the examples are phenomenal. Nintendo's own games of course for the most part made fantastic use of it (although Donkey Kong country Returns left a bad taste in my mouth.... really should have been an option to turn off the movement based controls.) Kororinpa was awesome in how it handled the Wiimote the responsiveness made that game. Not really sure it would be possible on another platform with out at least changing some of the tracks.

Other times you had to adjust some settings to get the most out of the games, a good example of this is Cruis'n Wii the game if you played it with the standard settings was unresponsive and just a mess. Change the setting to the max sensitivity and the controls get a bit twitchy but the game is now both fun and complete-able.

Note the games where it sucked... omg did it suck, where it not for Classic support on most of these games, I would have went insane. Almost any fighting game sucked using the Wiimote...

Like any console most of the games for it sucked or where not worth 50-60 bucks, but if you don't at least look for the gems you won't find them at all. On that note though I do consider the SNES and PS2 the epitomes of what a fantastic library should look like. Many many quality games and covering as many genres as possible given the technologies.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I picked other - I love the ps2 controller. I can't say ps3 because I don't own the system/have never,played one even though I know the layouts are very similar. I love how the ps2 controller fits in my hand and just feels so right

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hard to say. Having a freakin' touchpad and screen on your controller is a huge plus, if you ask me. And the rest of the controller isn't bad either.

I only very recently got a 360. It's certainly nice, but the nintendo pro controller looks, feels and plays as just a tiny bit better. It's not exactly fair, as it's pretty much a copy-paste job, but it's the result that matters.

As such: wiiu it is. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc