[PPOTW] What did you think of this years VGX awards?

What did you think of this years VGX awards?

• It was great

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • It was terrible

Votes: 80 17.9%
  • It is irrelevant

Votes: 99 22.1%
  • The show is out of touch with gamers and the industry

Votes: 74 16.5%
  • What is the VGX?

Votes: 175 39.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
video has been pulled from youtube due to TOS violation or such, should remove the link from the main page of gbatemp imho. maybe put better news up (not a pun or insult intended toward this site or the OP though, just that the video game awards aren't really that good).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I voted "what is VGX?", as I haven't heard from them. Or VGA, for that matter (as in a video game show, that is...not as in a monitor connector cable standard).

I've got to admit I don't follow the negativity. My main concern was "why the hell do they have two guests?". As one gets ignored pretty openly, which is...kind of embarrassing. But other than that, I thought it wasn't that bad if you want to see new trailers for upcoming games.

Or am I wrong to compare it to E3?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm...I voted "what is VGX?", as I haven't heard from them. Or VGA, for that matter (as in a video game show, that is...not as in a monitor connector cable standard).

I've got to admit I don't follow the negativity. My main concern was "why the hell do they have two guests?". As one gets ignored pretty openly, which is...kind of embarrassing. But other than that, I thought it wasn't that bad if you want to see new trailers for upcoming games.

Or am I wrong to compare it to E3?

E3 = most known US based games trade show outside gaming circles, probably the most known games based trade show outside gaming circles full stop (Tokyo Game show and Gamescom being the only things really brushing up against it).

VGA/VGX = self appointed body gives out awards and is probably the most noted of all those to do it (and every half arsed magazine and web series will have such awards*) outside game circles*= probably the closest thing to the Oscars that the gaming world has. Though perhaps the MTV movie awards is probably closer in spirit.

*other games sites and tech news in general might note what goes with the VGA/VGXs but few will note what goes when it comes to the competition's awards.

Every VGA I have seen has largely been a hugely cobbled together amateur affair. Such is the case for most awards shows I ever see though so I can not be too harsh, they are usually painfully unfunny and worse than other award shows but hey.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is VGX now the Video Game Awards?

My experience with the last VGA (VGX?) was flipping it on with Gahars, seeing them announce their musical performance as My Chemical Romance, and immediately switching to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Reactions: Gahars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.