Homebrew postLoader4

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have no idea what that means, but if you're saying you can't see GC/Wii games in postLoader's list, make sure you've actually installed games on your USB drive or SD card, and built the game cache (press start and there should be an option for it, iirc). If you mean you're having some sort of graphical issue with games that are booted, that's Wiiflow/CFG/Nintendont/Devolution/<insert your loader here>'s fault, not postLoader's (it only does very minimal video mode stuff).

Edit: On a different note, I've put postLoader on the backburner temporarily. I've become busy with a few other things for now.

Entityes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea what that means, but if you're saying you can't see GC/Wii games in postLoader's list, make sure you've actually installed games on your USB drive or SD card, and built the game cache (press start and there should be an option for it, iirc). If you mean you're having some sort of graphical issue with games that are booted, that's Wiiflow/CFG/Nintendont/Devolution/<insert your loader here>'s fault, not postLoader's (it only does very minimal video mode stuff).

Edit: On a different note, I've put postLoader on the backburner temporarily. I've become busy with a few other things for now.
Ok...mi language no is english is spanish the english is very compliqued,in postloader i have select wiiflow loader my version of wiiflow is master mod HID off fixed(by masterpiece)
my version of postloader is 4.7.94 by masterpiece

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
Been ALONG time since I have been in here, stopped playing the Wii for a while, got burnt out I think. I have been using it again though for some emulation. Is it difficult to get setup with emulation and cover support?

edit
I found the plugins conf. If someone would give me an example of how to set up one emulator with paths (fce) i can figure out the res easy.

thanks

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm trying to use the daxtsu fork and have a few problems / things to report. Firstly if you blow away all the config so it can be created afresh, the app hangs once the config file has been created and Wii needs a reboot. No biggie, really.

Secondly, I've not got access to old versions of Nintendont but pl 4.7.94 doesn't presently seem to work with the current version. Just says Nintendont couldn't be found in apps/nintendont and to check game mode. Have tried with differing cases for the folder name and also tried renaming the boot.dol to loader.dol but neither work. Any suggestions??

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So I'm trying to use the daxtsu fork and have a few problems / things to report. Firstly if you blow away all the config so it can be created afresh, the app hangs once the config file has been created and Wii needs a reboot. No biggie, really.

Secondly, I've not got access to old versions of Nintendont but pl 4.7.94 doesn't presently seem to work with the current version. Just says Nintendont couldn't be found in apps/nintendont and to check game mode. Have tried with differing cases for the folder name and also tried renaming the boot.dol to loader.dol but neither work. Any suggestions??

try the one in my sig to autoboot latest nintendont
P.S> no MC multi support yet

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I can't reproduce either issue, unfortunately (well, the second one can be reproduced if I don't have Nintendont on the same USB drive/SD card). The only thing I can think of for the second issue is that if you don't have Nintendont on the same USB/SD as your game ISOs, postLoader won't find it (seems silly not to have both your homebrew and game ISOs on the same device, if you ask me).

Can you describe your setup in more detail? Are you using both a USB stick/drive and an SD card or something?

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

You've solved the issue - my homebrew is on my SD card (inc. Nintendont) and my GC ISOs are on my USB drive. I guess I need to move it over to the USB drive. I never considered it wouldn't work that way just due to the norm being to look on SD, then on USB if not present in most modern forwarders and apps. Thanks.

Just for info, the reason I prefer my apps on SD is that my Wii autoboots into The Homebrew Channel via priiloader on startup (as this is far quicker than starting to the system menu). Having apps on SD mean they're available immediately (total Wii boot time is only a sec or so) whereas if the apps are stored on USB it takes longer as I have to wait for the drive to initialise and spin up etc. I also like having apps available without my drive being necessarily turned on (e.g. no need for my USB drive if I'm just running WiiMod to install something, or running WiiMC to stream media or play music etc.). I also find the banner cache quicker from SD too for when I use USB Loader GX. Just shows how we all favour different setups!

Thanks for the info, I'll make another copy of Nintendont on my USB for use under PL.

EDIT: Nevermind, USB Loader GX can invoke Nintendont from SD so will use that instead. Thanks anyway.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi,

You've solved the issue - my homebrew is on my SD card (inc. Nintendont) and my GC ISOs are on my USB drive. I guess I need to move it over to the USB drive. I never considered it wouldn't work that way just due to the norm being to look on SD, then on USB if not present in most modern forwarders and apps. Thanks.

Different design philosophies I suppose. I'm in the camp that doesn't like SD cards much (and my USB drive is powered by the USB slot, so it powers on as soon as I turn the Wii on, so it's pretty convenient for me :)). It's also easier to code it this way due to how postLoader is structured. I guess I could change it in a future version.

Just for info, the reason I prefer my apps on SD is that my Wii autoboots into The Homebrew Channel via priiloader on startup (as this is far quicker than starting to the system menu). Having apps on SD mean they're available immediately (total Wii boot time is only a sec or so) whereas if the apps are stored on USB it takes longer as I have to wait for the drive to initialise and spin up etc. I also like having apps available without my drive being necessarily turned on (e.g. no need for my USB drive if I'm just running WiiMod to install something, or running WiiMC to stream media or play music etc.). I also find the banner cache quicker from SD too for when I use USB Loader GX. Just shows how we all favour different setups!

Thanks for the info, I'll make another copy of Nintendont on my USB for use under PL.

EDIT: Nevermind, USB Loader GX can invoke Nintendont from SD so will use that instead. Thanks anyway.

Makes sense. I guess you have one of those drives that has to be manually flipped on?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm having a problem with postloader/nintendont. :unsure:

Whenever I try to start either nintendont (the homebrew program) or any of the installed games, it says "Please load nintendont with AHBPROT disabled!". Google claims this is caused by meta.xml not being in the correct spot, but in my case, it is.

Using postloader v4.7.94. IOS58. Everything runs from a single partition FAT32 USB (there's not even an SD card involved).

Works fine when I run the program from the HBC.

Erm...any ideas? :unsure:
(recreating cache didn't work)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you see a + next to IOS58 while postLoader is running, or if you go under "About.." on the bottom popup bar, do you see if AHBPROT is disabled already? That would be the first thing to check. Next, under config -> advanced, are you using "Use PL3 channel to run homebrews"? I've not tested running Nintendont with that option, if you are.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks. That did the trick. :)

There wasn't a + next to IOS58, but the "use PL3 channel to run homebrew" wasn't enabled. Or more precisely: I never installed that channel to begin with. After installing it, things work out nice.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendont works for me without it, but if it helped you, I'm glad to hear it. :)

Also, if you didn't see a +, is your HBC up to date (or is your method of launching postLoader up to date?). It should pretty much always have AHBPROT disabled on boot as long as the method you use to launch it supports passing along the AHBPROT disabled flag.

Edit: Looks like postLoader still uses the outdated <no_ios_reload/> flag, although it seems to work fine on my Wii/HBC combo. I'll update it next time I update pL.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Apologies for the double post, but here's postLoader 4.7.95. It's a minor update, so I didn't make an entire release package this time:

postLoader 4.7.95
*UI: Support Wii U Pro Controllers, thanks to FIX94's libwupc.

https://github.com/thedax/postloader/releases/download/4.7.95/boot.zip

Should make life on the Wii U (it's supported on the original Wii too) a lot nicer, or for those who simply prefer it over the other controller types. The controller layout is exactly the same as a Classic Controller [Pro].

The only quirk with it is you'll notice that the Pro Controller shares the same player LED as the highest connected Wii remote (so if you have 1 remote connected and it's player 1, the Pro Controller will show up as player 1 too, but this is just aesthetic).

Edit: I just discovered that this breaks regular Wii remote support. If you like using regular Wii remotes with postLoader, don't use this update for now. I'll push a fix ASAP once libwupc is updated.

Edit 2: It's not libwupc's fault, I compiled postLoader with a bad libOGC. Uploading a new DOL now.

Entityes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the double post, but here's postLoader 4.7.95. It's a minor update, so I didn't make an entire release package this time:

postLoader 4.7.95
*UI: Support Wii U Pro Controllers, thanks to FIX94's libwupc.

https://github.com/thedax/postloader/releases/download/4.7.95/boot.zip

Should make life on the Wii U (it's supported on the original Wii too) a lot nicer, or for those who simply prefer it over the other controller types. The controller layout is exactly the same as a Classic Controller [Pro].

The only quirk with it is you'll notice that the Pro Controller shares the same player LED as the highest connected Wii remote (so if you have 1 remote connected and it's player 1, the Pro Controller will show up as player 1 too, but this is just aesthetic).

Edit: I just discovered that this breaks regular Wii remote support. If you like using regular Wii remotes with postLoader, don't use this update for now. I'll push a fix ASAP once libwupc is updated.

Edit 2: It's not libwupc's fault, I compiled postLoader with a bad libOGC. Uploading a new DOL now.
WiiFlow version :1075 mod3(HID off fixed)
postloader version:4.7.95
This details:
https://imageshack.com/i/exZhIBlQj
https://imageshack.com/i/eywwUqoPj
https://imageshack.com/i/pasf2lmCj
https://imageshack.com/i/ipxMVp4lj
https://imageshack.com/i/hjeZSmHfj
https://imageshack.com/i/pcc9737jj
https://imageshack.com/i/iq8yvqGmj
https://imageshack.com/i/p9aD76W9j
This roms,homebrew etc on is all perfect,and wii/gc games...no is perfect....
Please help

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only relevant thing I can notice from all of those screenshots is that it's telling you to build the game cache. Just press start when it says that and you should see an option to refresh it (it's the first option at the very top).

Entityes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only relevant thing I can notice from all of those screenshots is that it's telling you to build the game cache. Just press start when it says that and you should see an option to refresh it (it's the first option at the very top).
Emm please photo or video your solution?Please..

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why? I told you exactly how. You even posted a screenshot of it yourself: https://imageshack.com/i/p9aD76W9j

When it looks like that (just without the extra menu you brought up about the loader part), saying you need to build the cache, just press start or home on a controller to bring up the menu, then press "Refresh game cache...".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...