Homebrew postLoader4

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Carpet?

MassiveRican (apologies if you don't, I figured you did since you're from PR) or someone who speaks Spanish: Would you mind conversing in PM with Entityes to find out what his issue is? I think we've hit the extent of what we can do with English here..

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about using bootmii as boot2 with Postloader and neek2o

Previously, my working setup with bootmii as ios worked like this.......
Postloader launches via Priiloader, I'll launch the neek2o channel on the real nand and then I will switch back by launching the channel on the emulated nand. I could also launch neek2o using the Postloader neek2o menu options

I recently installed bootmii as boot2 and now........
Postloader launches via Priiloader, none of the neek2o options are available in Postloader. I can still launch neek2o from the installed channel but it appears that I no longer have the ability to designate a "neek2o" nand from within Postlaoder application. I see no mention of neek2o in the Postloader menu options, only neek.

Can someone explain to me why having bootmii as boot2 changes the way Postloader works with neek2o?

I know this question covers several apps, not just Postloader, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

antnj81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to all this, so please don't crucify me for the n00bish question but is this an alternative to the USBloader gx?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'm new to all this, so please don't crucify me for the n00bish question but is this an alternative to the USBloader gx?
Postloader needs another loader such as GX CFG or Wiiflow to play Wii games, the wii game will run directly bypassing the other loader's gui though
however it can run gamecube and emulators aka plugins without another loader

So it's better to have it with another loader, I recommend wiiflow since both have plugin support and it's easy to setup both to work together
check my masterpiece stuff for more details

antnj81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Postloader needs another loader such as GX CFG or Wiiflow to play Wii games, the wii game will run directly bypassing the other loader's gui though
however it can run gamecube and emulators aka plugins without another loader

So it's better to have it with another loader, I recommend wiiflow since both have plugin support and it's easy to setup both to work together
check my masterpiece stuff for more details

so if I have wiiflow and this postloader, I don't need to have the USBloader gx?

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about using bootmii as boot2 with Postloader and neek2o

Previously, my working setup with bootmii as ios worked like this.......
Postloader launches via Priiloader, I'll launch the neek2o channel on the real nand and then I will switch back by launching the channel on the emulated nand. I could also launch neek2o using the Postloader neek2o menu options

I recently installed bootmii as boot2 and now........
Postloader launches via Priiloader, none of the neek2o options are available in Postloader. I can still launch neek2o from the installed channel but it appears that I no longer have the ability to designate a "neek2o" nand from within Postlaoder application. I see no mention of neek2o in the Postloader menu options, only neek.

Can someone explain to me why having bootmii as boot2 changes the way Postloader works with neek2o?

I know this question covers several apps, not just Postloader, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

Ok, so I believe I cleaned up my mess.

I cleared up the bootmii problem by renaming the bootmii folder on the sd card.
After that, it was time to focus on why Postloader nand switching stopped working. In my previous post, I failed to mention that I recently updated to PL 4.7.95.

This version of PL didn’t show the “switch neek2o nand” option in the main menu. Instead it had the “change uneek nand” option. When I launched the neek2o channel on my real nand, I booted into my “pl_us” nand it what appeared to be in uneek mode, not neek2o mode.

From there I tried switching to my “pln2o” nand like I was used to doing. I clicked on the “change uneek nand” option and this is when things quit working right. I could no longer switch between nands. I eventually got back to my real nand and confirmed launching a vc game in neek2o mode no longer worked. I noticed that my emunand files were scattered between the “usb:\\nands” folder and the root of the usb drive.
So, in an attempt to fix, I organized my emunand files back to the proper directory structure, replaced my “usb:\\sneek” folder with new copy and deleted all the PL and neek related config and cache files. From there I launched PL again and but had the same issue with the nand switching, the neek2o option wasn’t present.
From there I wiped all the PL settings and downgraded to the previous version of PL, the last version that stfour put out. From there I was able to access my nands in neek2o mode and I was able to switch between them without any issues.

Although my problem went away once I downgraded PL, I’m not entirely convinced that there is an issue with the new version of PL. It could have just been a coincidence that things started working again, I don’t know. I’m just glad it’s working again. Has anyone else noticed neek2o issues since upgrading to PL 4.7.95 ?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not really sure what would cause the neek2o stuff to vanish. I haven't touched a single line of code relating to it since I picked the project back up. I guess me adding/changing some menu options around could have pushed it offscreen or something.

Reactions: game_rat

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I have been thinking about switching from WiiFlow to PostLoader, because I prefer PL's simpler interface (no offense to WiiFlow, it's interface just felt a bit over the top for my tastes). By using AdallahTerro's Masterpiecepacks for WiiFlow and PL I created a new, clean setup on my USB HDD and for the most part all seems to work fine. I only have one small problem - everytime I start the PostLoader, it wants to create a new config file on my USB HDD, because it cannot find the previous one. At first I checked if the config file got deleted somehow, but no, it's still there in the USB:/ploader folder. So I went into PL's options and enabled "Search USB dev." under "Configure -> Advanced Options", but that did not change a thing.

My question: How to tell PostLoader that it should look for the config files only on my USB HDD? I've seen the file "path.conf.sample" in the USB:/ploader folder, but this file seems only to serve the purpose to set paths for covers. I'm using the newest PostLoader Mod v 4.7.95 by daxtsu in order to use Nintendont with PL.

Edit:

Nevermind, the problem is gone. I deleted PL's config file and set "Search USB dev." to "No" under "Configure -> Advanced options" and suddenly PL finds the newly created config file on USB HDD. Don't know if any of this was the real culprit for my problem or if my HDD just played tricks on me.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain a situation where a person would want to use the "change uneek nand" option? I'm just trying to grasp what exactly it's used for. I've selected this option before and noticed that it takes a nand from a specified location and then moves it to the root of the usb drive but it doesn't seem to move it back when I select "change uneek nand" a second time.

My Postloader configuration allows me to easily switch between two neek2o nands located under "usb:\\nands\". This is done using the "change neek2o nand" option. From what i can see, I don't have a need to use the "change uneek nand" option but I'm curious to know what it's used for or if anyone uses it.

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been a while since I've been here.

Have been running postloader 4.6.1 on my neek2o r96 (4.3 EU) for a while with no issues. Saw there was an update through the postloader interface but it didn't work and it would seen the site is down.

I then downloaded postloader 4.7.94 from thedax (and added the 4.7.95 updated dol) and it works on my real Wii 4.3 EU, however when I switch to neek2o it gives me the black screen with version number and loading, after which it swithes to the themed background and then crashes immediately. Tried multiple times and even replaced app in neek2o nand with neek2pbooter.app with the same result. Went back to 4.6.1 and no issues.

I guess I might have missed something so would appreciate some help.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I've been here.

Have been running postloader 4.6.1 on my neek2o r96 (4.3 EU) for a while with no issues. Saw there was an update through the postloader interface but it didn't work and it would seen the site is down.

I then downloaded postloader 4.7.94 from thedax (and added the 4.7.95 updated dol) and it works on my real Wii 4.3 EU, however when I switch to neek2o it gives me the black screen with version number and loading, after which it swithes to the themed background and then crashes immediately. Tried multiple times and even replaced app in neek2o nand with neek2pbooter.app with the same result. Went back to 4.6.1 and no issues.

I guess I might have missed something so would appreciate some help.

I can try and help but I need a little more information about your Postloader configuration. Starting from your real nand, are you using priibooter gui to start Postloader and then launching Neek2o from within Postloader? Also, is your emunand located under usb:\nands ? Are you using more than one emunand? I also had neek2o issues when I upgraded to the latest daxtsu version but not the same issues you are reporting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro