Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello hey im new to this taking to ppl about this stuff i just like to hack i would perfer u guys not to give up some of us cant afore cards to hack so we wait for the programs u guys make and im bord i need a game to play so we are going to make the impossible possible cuz im bord its just a theorie and i dont know if someone said it but was about a virue sorry my spelling is bad and i am shamed of it but is it possible to run a virue to get info from the 3ds
I (slightly) understand what you are saying. It isn't possible to do any of this because it requires a way to run an unsigned code (Homebrew, "Virus" you mentioned), and that requires a hack. This could be done in DS mode, but is pointless, because it requires a flashcart, and it won't access the 3DS portion of the system. Many people prefer the hack to be made for ROMs, but those are encrypted too. Unless you know someone in Nintendo, you aren't getting the keys.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little of A and B. If you somehow made a cart that had the same encrypted contents of Mask ROM and interface logic to the DS slot, then yes, it would work. This is however not what people normally mean. They don't want just pirated copies from some Asian knockoff plant, but to be able to run whatever code they want. Ironically, the methods (signing) that companies like Nintendo and Sony use mostly prevent home brew (at least in theory). For now, their methods on the PSP Vita and 3DS are preventing both home brew and casual (noncommercial) copying. I doubt they'll prevent piracy of actual Nintendo cartridges simply because there are IC factories in a ton of countries that can illegally make Mask ROMs and copy the unique Nintendo interface logic. Pirates win, home brewers don't. :/

You will likely not be seeing Vita exploits for a long time due to lessons learned by Sony and the fact that no one wants to tell Sony their only exploit - they'll wait until #2 like I said above!
After reading this, I had this thought of using an actual 3ds game as your "signature" and have some wires that comes out of the game to connect onto something, then run the code off of there.
you know this is a good idea , but it depends on if it perform constant hash checks in the code, ,its funny cause i just was watching a video where this same type of method is used, it was an angry nintendo nerd video on you tube,he was reviewing bible games for the NES , and there was a company that made shatty bible games and they were the only company to make games for the nes that did not have a liscence from nintendo , so one of their games was a sort of pass through cart where you plug the game into the nes cart slot and then it has a cart slot on the back of the game cart for a real liscenced nes cart to piggy back on top of it ,to get around the game not being an official nintendo liscenced title ,though im sure security on the nes was nothing like the 3ds

oops it was SNES not NES here is the youtube video /watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw go to 13:26 to see what i mean

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little of A and B. If you somehow made a cart that had the same encrypted contents of Mask ROM and interface logic to the DS slot, then yes, it would work. This is however not what people normally mean. They don't want just pirated copies from some Asian knockoff plant, but to be able to run whatever code they want. Ironically, the methods (signing) that companies like Nintendo and Sony use mostly prevent home brew (at least in theory). For now, their methods on the PSP Vita and 3DS are preventing both home brew and casual (noncommercial) copying. I doubt they'll prevent piracy of actual Nintendo cartridges simply because there are IC factories in a ton of countries that can illegally make Mask ROMs and copy the unique Nintendo interface logic. Pirates win, home brewers don't. :/

You will likely not be seeing Vita exploits for a long time due to lessons learned by Sony and the fact that no one wants to tell Sony their only exploit - they'll wait until #2 like I said above!
After reading this, I had this thought of using an actual 3ds game as your "signature" and have some wires that comes out of the game to connect onto something, then run the code off of there.
you know this is a good idea , but it depends on if it perform constant hash checks in the code, ,its funny cause i just was watching a video where this same type of method is used, it was an angry nintendo nerd video on you tube,he was reviewing bible games for the NES , and there was a company that made shatty bible games and they were the only company to make games for the nes that did not have a liscence from nintendo , so one of their games was a sort of pass through cart where you plug the game into the nes cart slot and then it has a cart slot on the back of the game cart for a real liscenced nes cart to piggy back on top of it ,to get around the game not being an official nintendo liscenced title ,though im sure security on the nes was nothing like the 3ds
Now that you mention this, this is what the Crown 3DS video had.I don't want anyone saying anything about this though. Everytime someone mentions it, there's an argument. It might be real, but it's probably not. If a flashcart is developed, we might be able to use that to run code, which could allow for a homebrew application.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP

... yeah, that sums it up in a nutshell :P

Reactions: 3 people

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Although... isn't it still possible to transfer saves on the 3DS? I think that's the one feature still available for exploitation.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Although... isn't it still possible to transfer saves on the 3DS? I think that's the one feature still available for exploitation.
oops it was SNES not NES here is the youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNvQYiM6bw go to 13:26 to see what i mean

BlackFlameAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you it would be nice if it can get tested thou, but last night i was playin with the 3ds and i used the question mark card them playen archer on the link card it worked on all the card but kirbys so if theres a way possible to find a way to insert a virus into the card there u might not need a key because it will read the card anyway putting this simple maybe the card is not unhackable if we can get more info on the card maybe we can we the free card they gave us to hack into the 3ds i hope u can understand what im saying bout the cards but im simple it up the card with the question mark plays only what its made to play as well as the lind card i believe its only to be used to take pic i wrong someone correct me so we can get closer to hacking this system but as i was saying i play with only suppose to be played on the question mark card on all but the kirby card just as they put info on the card we should be able to retreve tht data! Maybe?!?! :)

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you it would be nice if it can get tested thou, but last night i was playin with the 3ds and i used the question mark card them playen archer on the link card it worked on all the card but kirbys so if theres a way possible to find a way to insert a virus into the card there u might not need a key because it will read the card anyway putting this simple maybe the card is not unhackable if we can get more info on the card maybe we can we the free card they gave us to hack into the 3ds i hope u can understand what im saying bout the cards but im simple it up the card with the question mark plays only what its made to play as well as the lind card i believe its only to be used to take pic i wrong someone correct me so we can get closer to hacking this system but as i was saying i play with only suppose to be played on the question mark card on all but the kirby card just as they put info on the card we should be able to retreve tht data! Maybe?!?! :)

Which language is this O.o
Please, just use punctuation marks.

Reactions: 2 people

BlackFlameAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to decode the IR signals that the 3DS and Circle Pad Pro use to communicate with each other?

i read some post saying we cant transfer games but i looked up we can

How Many Games Can I Transfer From My Nintendo DSi to My Nintendo 3DS?

Answer:
There is no limit to the number of games you can transfer.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp?menu=games&submenu=ctr-gi-games-ridge-racer-3d-notice

so there has to be a way to get in without a key :lol:

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried to decode the IR signals that the 3DS and Circle Pad Pro use to communicate with each other?

i read some post saying we cant transfer games but i looked up we can

How Many Games Can I Transfer From My Nintendo DSi to My Nintendo 3DS?

Answer:
There is no limit to the number of games you can transfer.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/gi_index.jsp?menu=games&submenu=ctr-gi-games-ridge-racer-3d-notice

so there has to be a way to get in without a key :lol:

rapten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an idea maybe crazy but have you guys realized that you can download 3DS demos is it possible to trick they system into thinking its a demo when its really a 3DS rom? just trasfering the game to the SD slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1