Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Idea #1
Ok I got one for yeah. If the gateway 3DS can do a sort of emulation of 3DS mode. Then could we not Emulate the eStore in this mode and replace the genuine store with a "fake store" by making some sort of small mod to replace where the files are downloaded from.

You could default the store's new download location to a home wifi network (or even an online repository). That way the user of the mod/hack could setup wifi on there computer and place the roms they wish to be downloaded to the 3ds on it. They could then connect to there computer with the 3ds using the new moded eStore and download the software from there own PC via Wifi just as if they were downloading from the real eStore from the nintendo servers.

Idea #2
Games stored on the SD card can be transferred one 3DS to another in the event you upgrade from say a 3DS to a 3DS XL or if your original console brakes. Would it not be possible to "Spoof" this process making the 3DS think its happening legit.

This way a small computer program can be used to prepare your SD card with the ROMS you wish to have and once prepared you could insert the SD card into the 3DS and just do a transfer system using the HACK suggested.

It would mean changing the way files are transferred (most likely by analysing the traffic sent from and to the 3DS during a real transfer and emulating it).

Idea #3
Use a legit game to load custom home-brew via an exploit. (thinking PSP Pandora style).

Hope these ideas have not been said over and over. My Knowledge of the 3DS and its working are not brilliant but i have in the past reversed engineered a few things. I really think the "transfer system" idea would work. You just need to Hack the 3DS mid transfer by making the 3DS think your internal Wifi network is legit. This method would be unstoppable as you could always update. I know it will be encrypted and a right bitch but i am sure it would work. Just need to emulate how the transfer normally takes place locally and make it always pass and never fail.

I Know the roms have to be signed but possibly you could even bypass this via the transfer hack sending an "all ok this is legit" flag back to console during the backup.

If Gateway 3DS can spoof firmware using using whatever method they are, I bet they could also spoof system transfer or even trick the 3DS into thinking something is signed when it is not.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idea #1
Ok I got one for yeah. If the gateway 3DS can do a sort of emulation of 3DS mode. Then could we not Emulate the eStore in this mode and replace the genuine store with a "fake store" by making some sort of small mod to replace where the files are downloaded from.

You could default the store's new download location to a home wifi network (or even an online repository). That way the user of the mod/hack could setup wifi on there computer and place the roms they wish to be downloaded to the 3ds on it. They could then connect to there computer with the 3ds using the new moded eStore and download the software from there own PC via Wifi just as if they were downloading from the real eStore from the nintendo servers.

Idea #2
Games stored on the SD card can be transferred one 3DS to another in the event you upgrade from say a 3DS to a 3DS XL or if your original console brakes. Would it not be possible to "Spoof" this process making the 3DS think its happening legit.

This way a small computer program can be used to prepare your SD card with the ROMS you wish to have and once prepared you could insert the SD card into the 3DS and just do a transfer system using the HACK suggested.

It would mean changing the way files are transferred (most likely by analysing the traffic sent from and to the 3DS during a real transfer and emulating it).

Idea #3
Use a legit game to load custom home-brew via an exploit. (thinking PSP Pandora style).

Hope these ideas have not been said over and over. My Knowledge of the 3DS and its working are not brilliant but i have in the past reversed engineered a few things. I really think the "transfer system" idea would work. You just need to Hack the 3DS mid transfer by making the 3DS think your internal Wifi network is legit. This method would be unstoppable as you could always update. I know it will be encrypted and a right bitch but i am sure it would work. Just need to emulate how the transfer normally takes place locally and make it always pass and never fail.

I Know the roms have to be signed but possibly you could even bypass this via the transfer hack sending an "all ok this is legit" flag back to console during the backup.
Ideas 1 and 2 are ideas of what to do after the 3DS is hacked. 1) It would be nice to download ROMs directly to your 3DS, but since it hasn't been done on any console before (to my knowledge), it's not gonna happen now. 2) By the time we learn how to fully open up the 3DS, it'd be pointless to fake a system transfer since you could just put ROMs directly on the SD card. Also, you can't just look at network traffic and magically be able to copy it. 3) This is the same thing said over and over. "How do we hack the 3DS? Duh, we find an exploit."

In order to do this so called transfer hack, you'd need to be able to sign the hack itself, or get rid of encryption completely.

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
In order to do this so called transfer hack, you'd need to be able to sign the hack itself, or get rid of encryption completely.

Could the gateway spoofing not provide a solution to this though? I mean they can Spoof firmware, and region why not the ability to just say something is something it isn't. (ofc i have no idea how there system works, just speculating here.)

An example.
Scenario: I take a normal 3DS with the system ID of say 1234 with game X and Y on the SD card downloaded from the store. My friend has a system with an ID of 4321 and wants games X and Y.

Idea: Now I don't want to just "give him" my games we both want them. So he gets his Gateway 3DS inserts it into his console what has the system ID 4321 and he changes his system ID via a spoof hack on the Gateway 3DS. So now we have 2 systems #1 is mine with the system ID of 1234 and #2 His with the system ID of 1234 (spoofed via Gateway 3DS). Now we take my SD card place it into a computer and clone the SD card. Now we have 2 matching SD cards. We place one of these into friends system and the other into mine.

Now mine boots up fine (nothings changed so this is expected). His boots up nothing shows up and he does a system restore in Gateway Mode with the spoofed System ID (the same ID as mine) and hey presto! Games restored. 2 Consoles, both with same id although 1 spoofed and same games. As far as Nintendo are aware the systems are the same.

Now we could take this further by people sharing there SD card contents online and system ID's.

Would that not work?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could the gateway spoofing not provide a solution to this though? I mean they can Spoof firmware, and region why not the ability to just say something is something it isn't. (ofc i have no idea how there system works, just speculating here.)

An example.
Scenario: I take a normal 3DS with the system ID of say 1234 with game X and Y on the SD card downloaded from the store. My friend has a system with an ID of 4321 and wants games X and Y.

Idea: Now I don't want to just "give him" my games we both want them. So he gets his Gateway 3DS inserts it into his console what has the system ID 4321 and he changes his system ID via a spoof hack on the Gateway 3DS. So now we have 2 systems #1 is mine with the system ID of 1234 and #2 His with the system ID of 1234 (spoofed via Gateway 3DS). Now we take my SD card place it into a computer and clone the SD card. Now we have 2 matching SD cards. We place one of these into friends system and the other into mine.

Now mine boots up fine (nothings changed so this is expected). His boots up nothing shows up and he does a system restore in Gateway Mode with the spoofed System ID (the same ID as mine) and hey presto! Games restored. 2 Consoles, both with same id although 1 spoofed and same games. As far as Nintendo are aware the systems are the same.

Now we could take this further by people sharing there SD card contents online and system ID's.

Would that not work?
Just because one thing on the 3DS is spoofable (although we have no idea how, as it is still in alpha stages), it doesn't mean you can just spoof anything. It will require more work hacking the 3DS. It is not possible with Gateway at the moment. The people behind Gateway could figure out a way to do it, but if they were to do so, it most likely wouldn't be any time soon.

thatsit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

An example.

Would that not work?

Well that's not even how it works. The SD cards aren't linked to some arbitrary system ID. They're simply encrypted with keys specific to the system they were formatted on. If you were to clone an SD card, no other system would even be able to decrypt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: