Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. RRWcomicsboy

RRWcomicsboy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    A port of Exult (Ultima 7 BG/SI engine) to the Switch. It worked pretty well on the PSP and could be played on the Vita via Adrenaline, but seeing it on a bigger screen would be even better.

2. WexTiller

WexTiller Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    Italy
    A Night Light Mode. I don't know you guys, but that blue light is painful. People who study on notes or Pdfs know that feeling, after few hours the eyes feel very tired. If it had a blue light filter i'd start using my Switch to study too.
    Playing the night is bad too. Because of that ultra powerful blue light, i (at least me) don't feel sleepy anymore, and that's bad. I don't know if adding a filter is hard or impossible, but that would help everyone, mainly people who work or study the whole day on a Pc. In that case, i wouldn't even interested to play 5-10 mins before going to bed.
    Wonder why Nintendo didn't add this feature, it should be a must (imo), mainly if your Console is bought by many teenagers\kids.

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    While its virtually impossible to spoof a certificate (they're locked behind a 2,048 character key and by the time this gets cracked, your grandchildren will be playing the New Nintendo Switch Pro XL & Knuckles), we can simulate LAN play over a VPN: https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-switch-lan-play.520912/

MushGuy likes this.
  4. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Oh, that's really awesome. And here I thought that they would implement something like they did for DS and Wii games. Let's hope that in the future, they also include Splatfests for Splatoon 2.

5. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    So I don't know if this already goes under the "Themes" entry under Media. but I REALLY want a HomeBrew that would allow us to change our Custom themes on the Switch, by selecting from a range of themes that we have already put on the SD Card.

Also, I don't know if this is possible, but if this could be achieved without having to restart the console, that would be freaking awesome.

6. palsmafart

palsmafart Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United States
    Cyan likes this.
  7. HiruleLink

HiruleLink Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Italy
    Is it possible to create an homebrew, or whatever, that would let me stream from my switch with no capture card?

8. intellettuanale

intellettuanale Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    Italy
    Is there an homebrew (or another way) to mount a network drive as a folder in the micro SD? I think it will be very useful for retroarch.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    No there isn't at this point. I guess a sysmodule/kip could do it in theory.

intellettuanale likes this.
  10. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    The OP needs an update, a lot of suggestions have been made, it's been a month since the last update :P

palsmafart and intellettuanale like this.
  11. intellettuanale

intellettuanale Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    Italy
    For example easypower for reboot in rcm mode.

12. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    i need a homebrew app, that automatically keeps all of xortrolls apps up to date, so i can always be sure i am on the latest version.

whateverg1012 and WiiuGold like this.
  13. XxBLUExX

XxBLUExX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2018
    United Kingdom
    England
    We really need a port of Kodi on switch

Dichotomy754 and intellettuanale like this.
  14. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    I have a request:

FTP transfers seem to be capped at a rather measly 3.5MB/s (at least on my system), when I'm pretty certain the NAND (and most of the SD cards) can handle 30+.

Can we get a way to do File transfers over USB? Or possibly an SMB server app?

15. Slim45

Slim45 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    An ebook reader that can read all popular formats and can switch from landscape to portrait mode please.

16. Idaho

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    NX-Shell does that...

17. DrakeBueno

DrakeBueno Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    United States
    Some way to use Wireless/Wired keyboards in RetroArch to tinker around in DOSBOX with. Also, a port of the most recent version of DOOMRL with the tiles from ChaosForge, it is open source so shouldn't be too hard, willing to contribute to a bounty as well.

Last edited by DrakeBueno, Nov 15, 2018 at 1:22 AM
  18. Slim45

Slim45 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    does it allow for portrait mode?

19. Idaho

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    I haven't tried it so i wouldn't know but it sure does support all formats you want, just try it out and if there's no portait mode, just suggest its addition to the author (joel), he's always trying to improve it...

Slim45 likes this.
  20. Slim45

Slim45 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    will do. is he on here?