Gaming Possible to move Mario Kart Wii save file?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use geckoOS' rebooter or any number of system menu hacks to load the system menu with the option to move protected saves. the hack is called different things with different methods, just look for "no copy" and use that hack.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Waninkoko also released an app called Save Game Manager, that lets you extract/install save games.

I believe the only catch is that you have to have a save file on the 2nd Wii to import the 1st save file into.
(And they would both have to be softmodded)

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Preloader's hacks.ini file is by far the easiest way. Using that it will enable you to move/copy save files for games that normally not movable/copyable. This includes any wi-fi game, like Brawl, Mario kart, etc. The buttons will still appear dark in color, but they will function like any other save file.

justmike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I finally got around to trying it out.

The 'no copy' hack works.

You can't move it, but you can copy the save file of any games you can't onto the SD card and then move it over to another Wii. However, the other Wii needs to have the 'no copy' hack to work.

justmike

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not sure, but you would of had to play the game first, delete the file and then copy your file over.

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old thread, but the solution link was never posted:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

I just used this today to move Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Brothers save files between Wii systems.

It's just a homebrew app that you throw in your apps folder. There is no need to install anything. It's great for quick moves.

samyoung_5

Trophies
XP
Country
Preloader's hacks.ini file is by far the easiest way. Using that it will enable you to move/copy save files for games that normally not movable/copyable. This includes any wi-fi game, like Brawl, Mario kart, etc. The buttons will still appear dark in color, but they will function like any other save file.
Once I grab the code for this what do i do next?

samyoung_5

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say this earlier but I have transferred my wii data onto my wii u, now i want to transfer it back to my old wii...is this possible?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I didn't say this earlier but I have transferred my wii data onto my wii u, now i want to transfer it back to my old wii...is this possible?
No. If you had made a NAND backup on the Wii before transferring you could have restored it and gotten all your stuff back. You can still copy/move the saves to the Wii and reinstall any WADs you had.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...