Hacking Possible to modify gateway launcher?

jrebey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to modify Launcher.dat to boot straight into Classic mode without the cart. I'm using emunand with legit cia. I'm just trying to make it easier for the wife to load it for the kids while I'm traveling.

Any hints on how to do this? I'd also be interested in doing the same with rxtools if that's easier.

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to modify Launcher.dat to boot straight into Classic mode without the cart. I'm using emunand with legit cia. I'm just trying to make it easier for the wife to load it for the kids while I'm traveling.

Any hints on how to do this? I'd also be interested in doing the same with rxtools if that's easier.
I haven't used rxtools yet, but i know gateway has its launcher locked down to only work with the card when booting any emunand. Don't think anyone has decrypted gateways launcher and if they have they're keeping it to themselves. Rxtools seems like your best bet, it looks to be what people are using as long as your not using a new 3ds

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pretty sure roxas said he is thinking to implement this at some point, having it go to the menu only if you hold L or something along those lines, keep an eye on the Rxtools thread

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you edit launcher its internal checks will prevent it from loading at all. If you forcibly remove or bypass the checks, you will brick your 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-