Possible new job

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

As you know, I recently lost my job at JJB Sports. Illegally, no less. Well, I've already mentioned the details in a previous blog, so let's get down to the new details. I may have got myself another job. A better one.

Went to hand in my new CV to a job vacancy I spotted at local pizzeria, Napoli. Full time, pays better than JJB, has opportunities for advancement, and nice people. Seems ideal. What's more, the manager interviewed me the moment I handed my CV in, so either they're terminally short staffed or they saw something they like. Interview went incredibly well, even though I wasn't in my suit or anything. In fact, I was in my usual town trip outfit. Black jeans, cream suede jacket, and my new t-shirt with the words 'Had sex with your girlfriend, 324 people Like this'. Not the best interview outfit but the guy seemed to really like me.

I filled in all the paperwork right there, and aside from the formality of running things through their regional management team, I'm pretty much in. Said he'd contact me within a week one way or the other.

Combined with the extremely promising vacancy for JD Sports which offers full time hours and better pay for doing the same thing I did at JJB, only with me in charge instead of Tony, life's looking pretty good at the moment.

Not much other news worthy of note, to be honest. Same old. Sold a tonne of my old games on eBay and now I'm waiting for the money to transfer from Paypal to my bank account so I can use it to send the games to their new owners, not to mention buy myself something shiny. One guy still hasn't paid me
glare.gif

Aside from that, nothing much going on. Playing Kingdom Hearts 2, eating southern fried chicken sandwiches, watching whatever's in my DVD player at the time. The usual stuff. Until something more interesting happens, toodles
smile.gif

Blaze

'The aural equivalent of having week old, half chewed battenberg cake dribbled down your ear canals by a senile grandparent.' - Charlie Brooker describing the Coronation Street theme music.

D

Deleted User

What a way to turn up for an interview. I hope you get that job, its sounds good, and you will be working in a pizzeria so theres free/cheap food.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to be fair I wasn't expecting to be interviewed. I normally show up to interviews in my suit.

As for other news,

- Still waiting for the money I transferred from my PayPal account to my bank account to be available. I can't send out the items I sold until that transfer clears. It's annoying that it's taking so long. I'd like the eBay thing to be over and done with, and for that to happen I need PayPay to hurry the fuck up, and for the one remaining winning bidder to get off his arse and pay me the money I'm now owed. I don't know if he thinks it's payment on delivery or something but he ain't getting anywhere close to Donkey Kong Country 2 until I see mah moneh
tongue.gif

- Eagerly awaiting the Ambassador Programme games sometime tomorrow. My 3DS is starting to earn its place on my shelf, with Starfox just around the corner and Tom Clancy's Shadow Wars being MUCH better than I'd anticipated. For a birthday present from Loz (the now ex girlfriend of my former best friend) it's certainly a welcome addition to my collection. Like Advance Wars, only with a ridiculously broken woman called Banshee with optical camouflage. For those that haven't played, Bansee can only be targetted while an enemy is standing directly next to her. Once she's revealed all enemies in range can target her, but if she ends her turn without anyone next to her, she goes back under cover. Give her a one-hit-kill combat knife that can bring down guys with gatling guns from behind without even being seen, and she's so stupidly broken if used properly that almost any mission allowing her use becomes signifiantly easier. Not devoid of all challenge as she's quite weak if revealed, and if one Ghost dies you instantly fail any mission, but for a strategy game veteran like me she's fuckin' awesome. Seriously, look into this game. You can pick it up for peanuts these days and it's easily one of the better games on the system. Online multiplayer added to the sequel and you're on to a winner, I reckon.

Nothing much else of note right now. Just sat watching tv waiting for tomorrow's free stuff.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably would have gained you some extra points if you actually told the interviewer that you didn't intend to wear the shirt to an interview.

I hope you're still chasing up the JJB situation, by the way.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Probably would have gained you some extra points if you actually told the interviewer that you didn't intend to wear the shirt to an interview.

I hope you're still chasing up the JJB situation, by the way.

He knows I don't normally wear that sort of stuff to formal interviews.

And I've emailed head office demanding answers. If I don't hear back by Saturday then they'll be outside the time limit I set them, I'll send one more email demanding to know why they've not acted and warning them that they'll be facing dire consequences if they continue to ignore me, then take it up with Citizen's Advice's free legal council.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got stuck in some part.
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking...