Gaming [POLL] Will you still buy Dark Souls for the Nintendo Switch?

Will you still Buy DS NSW?

• Yes, still interested in the Switch Version

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • No, cancelled/no longer interested

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No, never considered the Switch Version

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Yes, interested in both Switch and another platform version

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Not buying Dark Souls

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Nintendo Switch version of Dark Souls has been delayed, and there’s a lot of buzz going around that people will just give up and buy the other console versions instead. What do you guys think?

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a "Maybe" option in the poll? I may pick it up for Switch, but was really already undecided on getting it for any platform.

This delay isn't exactly a deal breaker like the indefinite release for the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think this is a quite pointless thread
If 1 or 2 month delay puts you off, then you didn't really want that game in the first place
Because there isn’t a specified month, the other platforms are getting it on the original date, and there’s a lot of talking about people cancelling preorders. I want to see how many people are actually cancelling or if they’re just exaggerating.

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Of course. It's a good game and being able to bring it to other places is a huge deal.
I'm glad I don't care at all about graphics and FPS and just care about having fun.
Bought the game twice already, PC and PS3, will glady get it a third time if that means being able to play it in the bathroom and while traveling.
Specially the bathroom.

Waiting one month more or one month less isn't a dealbreaker, it's not like we don't have absolutely no games at all to play while waiting. I'm really surprised with the people being actually mad for that, there're other things more worthy of being mad about than a simple delay that just assures a quality product.

Last edited by AkitoUF,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It was going to be my birthday present to myself, had it come out on time. But now that the release date is vaguely in "Summer 2018, we guess" they lost my sale. Fuck them. Birthday ruined!!!

Last edited by Jayro,

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When given the option to play a smoother running version, i'll go for that version.
So no, the switch version won't be for me

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends. If they patch things like Move Set Swap, Tumble Buff, Duke Skip, or Sen's Skip, I will not be getting it.
I love the glitches in Dark Souls because they make it even more fun to play. Is it unfair that I can swap the move-set of the Zweihander with a rapier and stun knock down any enemy or player no exceptions...... maybe, but that's why they need to git gud.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It really depends. If they patch things like Move Set Swap, Tumble Buff, Duke Skip, or Sen's Skip, I will not be getting it.
I love the glitches in Dark Souls because they make it even more fun to play. Is it unfair that I can swap the move-set of the Zweihander with a rapier and stun knock down any enemy or player no exceptions...... maybe, but that's why they need to git gud.
So people need to git gud because other people like to exploit glitches?
Hmkay

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So people need to git gud because other people like to exploit glitches?
Hmkay
well.... ya! It's fun has heck to troll in that game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

More like other people have to git gud, because if they take my exploits away I will need to git gud again, and that is a PITA.
For one, I was never played Dark Souls when PVP was at it's peak. So I've never played against other people. My argument for these glitches is that they bring something unexpected to the game. If you know anything about the the glitches, Tumble Buff and Moveset swap in particular, then you know that they come at a cost. For the Tumble Buff glitch, it is very hard to pull off because the window to do the glitch is very small. You can increase the window by fat rolling, but that makes you more vulnerable.

As for the move set swap, it comes at a bigger cost. The glitch works by two handing the weapon you are holding in your left hand. Since you are not normally allowed to do this, weird things happen. The first thing that happens is that only your running attack is changed. It is replaced with the running attack of the weapon you are holding in your right hand, thus the name, "Moveset swap." Everything else stays the same. The second thing that happens is that you loose your ability to back stab or riposte. In PVP, this is a major disadvantage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can