• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] U.S. Presidential Election 2016

Whom will/would you vote for?

• Laurence Kotlikoff (Independent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Hoefling (America's Party)

• Mike Maturen (American Solidarity Party)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that you think it's safe to say that tells me you don't care to have a reality-based discussion. I'm not concerned with your feels. See my previous post.
I did see your post and I have read it. But the issue is that her criticisms about the TPP's final form were also there in earlier forms. In fact consider as I said the pharmaceutical patents which changed from the earlier 10 years to about 8 years. Likewise the earlier versions which were identical on currency manipulation, which was also a cited reason as to why the current TPP was a bad deal. I am not saying that the TPP is a disqualifier or that it means one should not vote for Clinton but it is still something to consider.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did see your post and I have read it. But the issue is that her criticisms about the TPP's final form were also there in earlier forms. In fact consider as I said the pharmaceutical patents which changed from the earlier 10 years to about 8 years. Likewise the earlier versions which were identical on currency manipulation, which was also a cited reason as to why the current TPP was a bad deal. I am not saying that the TPP is a disqualifier or that it means one should not vote for Clinton but it is still something to consider.
As much as hillary seems to be pro-business, you've just got to know trump is 10x worse. I still think we should hold her feet to the fire, though. Give but an inch, and she'll go complete center.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as hillary seems to be pro-business, you've just got to know trump is 10x worse.
Yes I would have to agree that Trump is awful when it comes to trade and most other libertarians would agree with that assertion.

I still think we should hold her feet to the fire, though. Give but an inch, and she'll go complete center.
Agreed. As someone not voting for the Big 2, I tell people all the time that whenever I speak against one of the two, that it does not mean that I support the other since I am against both of them.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I would have to agree that Trump is awful when it comes to trade and most other libertarians would agree with that assertion.

Agreed. As someone not voting for the Big 2, I tell people all the time that whenever I speak against one of the two, that it does not mean that I support the other since I am against both of them.
hell yeah, vote Lary Jackson guys

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Withholding tax returns isn't illegal.

Lying under oath and erasing federal property is a felony.
You're right, it isn't, but his reasons for withholding them are flimsy at best and should make you at least a little suspicious as to why he wouldn't want to release them. And while yes, it is a felony, multiple Republican-initiated trials have found her not guilty on the charges brought up, so right there should indicate that it's at least possible that the allegations are being blown out of proportion

It should also be mentioned that I enjoy playing devil's advocate. I don't really trust Clinton either, but I will give reasons why one might look past something from either candidate if someone is specifically targeting them

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
multiple Republican-initiated trials have found her not guilty
Not true. She was never tried, there was an investigation where the FBI recommended they not prosecute her, but she can still be prosecuted, and she certainly will be when Trump becomes president

"There should be no company too big to fail, and no person too powerful to jail" -Hillary. I bet she didn't think that would apply to her, though ;).

Reactions: I pwned U!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. She was never tried, there was an investigation where the FBI recommended they not prosecute her, but she can still be prosecuted, and she certainly will be when Trump becomes president

"There should be no company too big to fail, and no person too powerful to jail" -Hillary. I bet she didn't think that would apply to her, though ;).
To your credit, I was thinking of the Benghazi hearing

However, the point still stands that that's what kicked off the whole uncovering of the email scandal and the justice department has done squat about it. So either they're bad at their job (unlikely) or the issue simply isn't as bad as the public is led to believe, especially considering the highly political aspect and the temptation to use it as a smear is very high

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump. The dishonest American and international media hate him and would do everything to destroy him but I love his speeches, his political agenda (which supported by the horseshoe theory is much closer to Sanders when compared to Clinton and also very modern, open minded, unconventional and not really conservative but smart, effective and intelligent) and the real change that he can bring to the American economy. I also hate political correctness and I am intelligent enough to make my own opinion. Media reports about him are so extremely and obviously biased and one-sided that you should not believe them. Make your own judgment instead.

Last edited by Enteking,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another gift, leaked audio recording of hillary talking about rigging a Palestine election (2006)
https://soundcloud.com/user-30899546/hrc-determine-who-win-1

Hm. What news sources exactly would you trust over a dedicated fact-checking website that cites and quotes its sources, if I may ask?
I guess I should be asking here is why the heavy reliance on fact checking web sites? Because often the time is who is fact checking the fact checkers? They take already available sources and spin them to make them look false or true to fit their political agenda. I have already posted alot of leaked emails on collusion between the hillary campaign, the dnc, and these web sites.
Snopes itself has been pointed out by others for spinning stuff or making false claims as true. Like the absent US flags at the DNC 1st day, they put a day 2 photo and claimed it as day one to prove wrong the right wing sites and trump. Or how they fact checked hillary defending a child rapist and laughing and spun it into a mostly false claim.

Imo, these web sites should be avoid and your own research would show alot better results.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1477689704951.jpg

Here is one of the sext messages the guy sent to a 15 year old. And, oh my! :O

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few notes on the recent conversation:
  • The original FBI investigation concluded that there's no evidence that Clinton ever broke any laws pertaining to her emails.
  • The FBI investigation into Clinton's use of emails has not been reopened.
  • The emails being referenced today apparently have little if anything to do with Clinton, weren't sent by her, and have nothing to do with her private server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users