• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest polling numbers as of 10-08-2020:

- Nationally, Biden's up 9.8 points
- In Arizona, Biden's up 4.3 points
- In Michigan, Biden's up 7.8 points
- In Wisconsin, Biden's up 7.0 points
- In Pennsylvania, Biden's up 7.0 points
- In Ohio, Biden's up 0.8 points (a tossup)
- In North Carolina, Biden's up 2.6 points (tossup)
- In Georgia, Biden's up 1.1 points (tossup)
- In Florida, Biden's up 4.7 points

As of today, there's no probable scenario where Trump can win the election without winning at least 5 of the above states including Florida. If he loses Florida, he will lose the election, period.

Citation:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

Also, Trump supporters attempting to kidnap Michigan's Gov'na probably isn't going to help Trump's polling deficit. Perhaps they didn't get the memo: "Stand back and stand by."

Citation:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-plot-abduct-kill-assassinate

Reactions: IncredulousP

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump pussied out of the second debate. His re-election chances are torpedoed. All he had to do was do a zoom debate, and agree to not yell over the other candidate.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. Except for the fly, what's your stance on the VP debate ?

I think Pence did a great job of getting Harris to yet again flip flop on a few things. To make statements that are outright false based on past and recent statements from both her and Biden. I also really enjoyed how well Pence pointed out the hypocrisy in election acceptance. The democrats still have not accepted the 2016 results. Democrats project a lot it would seem. Harris rubs people the wrong way from what feedback has been stated from people on the fence. Not surprised, if you are going to lie so much you have to learn to me more of a pleasant person about it like other typical politicians.

Reactions: gregory-samba

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So. Except for the fly, what's your stance on the VP debate ?

Kamala Harris lied about Lincoln not nominating a Justice with 27 days left before the election. It wasn't, as she said, "because Honest Abe said it's not the right thing to do." It was because the Senate wasn't in session. Lincoln nominated someone the first day the Senate reconvened, i.e. at the earliest opportunity. And before the election he even bargained with several candidates, dangling the nomination as an enticement to get them to campaign for his re-election.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kamala Harris lied about Lincoln not nominating a Justice with 27 days left before the election. It wasn't, as she said, "because Honest Abe said it's not the right thing to do." It was because the Senate wasn't in session. Lincoln nominated someone the first day the Senate reconvened, i.e. at the earliest opportunity. And before the election he even bargained with several candidates, dangling the nomination as an enticement to get them to campaign for his re-election.
  1. Lincoln said he wouldn't nominate anyone because he was “waiting to receive expressions of public opinion from the country."
  2. Lincoln didn't nominate anyone until after the election.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what was shocking to me, was the sheer amount of overlap between Pence's talking points and McSally's talking points. like they just read from the same script or something.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the Vice President's debate. There was barely any talking over each other and each candidate was able to talk about policies as opposed to the first Presidential Debate where both Biden and Trump simply talked shit about each other the entire time.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the Vice President's debate. There was barely any talking over each other and each candidate was able to talk about policies as opposed to the first Presidential Debate where both Biden and Trump simply talked shit about each other the entire time.
Trump was the one who couldn't help but interrupt every five seconds.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump once again did a 180 and is now calling for a broad stimulus bill, after calling for no more negotiations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-urges-congress-to-pass-stimulus-after-halting-negotiations/

To quote someone more informed than me:

"I don’t see how there could be a plan. But I don’t think it’s the drugs.

He’s done this before. Remember when he proudly took ownership of a government shut-down? Then crawled back to the negotiation table a couple weeks later and conceded on every point?

He’s terrible at this shit, and always has been because he’s pathologically unable to not be. He’s comically easily manipulated because he can’t think past immediate gratification. He’s literally unable to take a small strategic loss in order to win later.

He makes bad decisions because it makes him feel powerful in the moment and that’s all that matters to him. It’s all he can do.

He doesn’t like being in a position where he has no leverage (ie: “you have to pass something here or you’ll lose whatever small chance you have of re-election,”) so he makes the one “power move” he thinks he has: Blowing everything up.

Then he tries to put it back together and he eats shit. This happens every time.

Last time this happened, the democrats offered like 15 billion for a border wall (EDIT: it was actually 25 billion!) in exchange for DACA being protected. Everyone was on board. Trump said “no deal” at the last minute—not enough for the wall and he didn’t want to concede on DACA.

Fast forward a bit: Trump caves. Then the Supreme Court protects DACA, and Trump gets nothing for his wall, but does take a hit in terms of popularity. Spent all his chips on an obvious bluff, then lost everything for no reason.

He’s just not good at this shit.

It’s the kind of tactics that work on like a zoning board in Queens, but not at the level he’s playing in."

Last edited by omgcat,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump once again did a 180 and is now calling for a broad stimulus bill, after calling for no more negotiations.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-urges-congress-to-pass-stimulus-after-halting-negotiations/

To quote someone more informed than me:

"I don’t see how there could be a plan. But I don’t think it’s the drugs.

He’s done this before. Remember when he proudly took ownership of a government shut-down? Then crawled back to the negotiation table a couple weeks later and conceded on every point?

He’s terrible at this shit, and always has been because he’s pathologically unable to not be. He’s comically easily manipulated because he can’t think past immediate gratification. He’s literally unable to take a small strategic loss in order to win later.

He makes bad decisions because it makes him feel powerful in the moment and that’s all that matters to him. It’s all he can do.

He doesn’t like being in a position where he has no leverage (ie: “you have to pass something here or you’ll lose whatever small chance you have of re-election,”) so he makes the one “power move” he thinks he has: Blowing everything up.

Then he tries to put it back together and he eats shit. This happens every time.

Last time this happened, the democrats offered like 15 billion for a border wall (EDIT: it was actually 25 billion!) in exchange for DACA being protected. Everyone was on board. Trump said “no deal” at the last minute—not enough for the wall and he didn’t want to concede on DACA.

Fast forward a bit: Trump caves. Then the Supreme Court protects DACA, and Trump gets nothing for his wall, but does take a hit in terms of popularity. Spent all his chips on an obvious bluff, then lost everything for no reason.

He’s just not good at this shit.

It’s the kind of tactics that work on like a zoning board in Queens, but not at the level he’s playing in."

ROFL.

Heh, Liberals outraged because the Leftist news sites told them to be upset over something Trump tweeted. After almost 4 years you'd think they'd catch on ... Nope ...

So I'll translate @omgcat statements for everyone else.

"Orange man bad, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah".

There, easier to interpret.

Last edited by gregory-samba,

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROFL.

Heh, Liberals outraged because the Leftist news sites told them to be upset over something Trump tweeted. After almost 4 years you'd think they'd catch on ... Nope ...

So I'll translate @omgcat statements for everyone else.

"Orange man bad, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah".

There, easier to interpret.

got it, so the gop says
"Smart man bad, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah"

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1st presidential debate was pretty chaotic.

Biden started the interrupting first, so he kind of opened himself up to that. It set the precedent.

And Biden had the opening statement, LOL.. Trump kept his mouth shut. I can see why Trump would get aggressive after that.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Lincoln said he wouldn't nominate anyone because he was “waiting to receive expressions of public opinion from the country."
  2. Lincoln didn't nominate anyone until after the election.

3. Kamala Harris made up her Lincoln quote, and story. It was untrue.

If Lincoln was "waiting to receive expressions of public opinion," he only meant correspondence by mail from interested persons, not the result of the election. Burlingame made that very clear. (news stories are leaving that part out though.)

Last edited by Hanafuda,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1st presidential debate was pretty chaotic.

Biden started the interrupting first, so he kind of opened himself up to that. It set the precedent.

And Biden had the opening statement, LOL.. Trump kept his mouth shut. I can see why Trump would get aggressive after that.

You're posturing on incredibly flimsy ground here:

How Many Times Did Trump Interrupt Clinton In The First Debate?
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...in-the-first-debate-depends-on-how-you-count/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol +1