• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
People smoke all the time and don't immediately die of cancer. You seem to have some perverted ideas about risk.

What things do you "accept as just part of life" that is deadlier?

Example of what? A lie? He claimed that he'd won the election when the votes were still being counted. If you're saying he's not lying then he's a moron who is unfit for office. Which is it?

He's a sociopath who accuses others of what he is guilty of "stealing an election" "a fraud of the american people". Yes that is exactly what Trump is trying to do.

You can't prove what you're saying, you're just making accusations. Let's wait and see if there was no fraud, this is part of the democratic system, being able to prove the outcome of an election.

Last edited by Rail Fighter,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't prove what you're saying, you're just making accusations. Let's wait and see if there was no fraud, this is part of the democratic system, being able to prove the outcome of an election.
sorry not taking side but... in the US, You have to PROVE Fraud, not prove there is no fraud. so wild lawsuit don't mean anything

D

Deleted User

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-falsely-claims-he-won-presidential-election-2020-10
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...llions-votes-trump-falsely-claims-he-n1246336
yeah. about that part with you claiming he's just making an accusation...
It's pretty well known fact at this point that trump did prematurely say he won the election.

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
sorry not taking side but... in the US, You have to PROVE Fraud, not prove there is no fraud. so wild lawsuit don't mean anything
Trump isn't the only one saying there was frauds. There's already some primary evidences and witnesses of it. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, at minimum, so let's wait for the case to be settled on the court.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump isn't the only one saying there was frauds. There's already some primary evidences and witnesses of it. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, at minimum, so let's wait for the case to be settled on the court.
IF there is fraud, they need a real lawsuit needs to happen. The only real fraud lawsuit was the poll worker stating they saw 53 ballots placed incorrectly, and a Republican Georgia state judge threw it out instantly for no proof.
and also Georgia Governor is a Trump supporter, if there was any hint of fraud he would also be one of the first ones saying something.
Right now its all talk until they put out a real lawsuit with valid proof of fraud.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look... every person on here knows that I support Biden. It's no secret. However, you called me out for major bias by claiming that I "post nothing, but links to news coming from the left side of the isle," which is an outright lie and definitely a personal attack. Sharing links to moderately liberal and conservative websites (foxnews, nasdaq, marketwatch, fortune, forbes, etc.) with highly factual reporting isn't proof of anything other than the fact that I don't read or promote extremist propaganda.

Perhaps you wouldn't feel the need for these petty call-out posts if you had a history of doing the same.

You're accusing me of lying and that would have to include the intent to deceive, which there is none. I've not seen you post a single one of your linked story posts shining a positive light on Trump or Conservatives. Since I've been a member here all your linked story posts contain pro-Left content.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something actually interesting happened in the US elections? I did not predict that one.

Also imagine having basically the entire media and communications platforms of the world in your corner to call someone horrid for 5 years and still at best managing a break even (never mind the other branches of federal government) on whether people believe it even for most intents and purposes, that or your pick for someone to oppose them was that unlikeable.

Re fraud or no fraud. I do like to ponder indicators here (turnout rates, specific instances of dubious calls, counting room shenanigans, locations of turnout and differences in there as it pertains to demographics and political setups) but a bigger problem is the mere appearance of impropriety. For all I am of the "do it or don't, find it pointless myself" when it comes to voting if people believe the system is rigged and/or unfair*... that is when bullets start flying which has not happened yet and I don't wish to see happen (from what I have seen thus far nobody with any kind of real training, tools and talent has done anything).

*people tell me we have just seen a summer of people risking life and limb during a big old virus that is killing us all because of some police going a bit too far on a few occasions (despite millions of police and even more daily interactions that go just fine), and that realistically had no great bearing outside the state it occurred in. A handful of debatable calls by police (even more so if we actually believe the narrative that the US is so incredibly racist that the majority don't care) has nothing on that.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You have to admit, that this is funny though... ;)

Referring to the part starting at 13:30, but you can watch the entire thing.. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Re fraud or no fraud. I do like to ponder indicators here (turnout rates, specific instances of dubious calls, counting room shenanigans, locations of turnout and differences in there as it pertains to demographics and political setups) but a bigger problem is the mere appearance of impropriety.
It is. But post src links, pls. :)

Or are you reffering to those 'box on a dingy' and 'small suitcase on wheels' videos, that were already posted.

Last edited by notimp,

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
IF there is fraud, they need a real lawsuit needs to happen. The only real fraud lawsuit was the poll worker stating they saw 53 ballots placed incorrectly, and a Republican Georgia state judge threw it out instantly for no proof.
and also Georgia Governor is a Trump supporter, if there was any hint of fraud he would also be one of the first ones saying something.
Right now its all talk until they put out a real lawsuit with valid proof of fraud.

"Sky News host Alan Jones says there is something odd about the hundreds and thousands of postal votes which "have magically materialised for Biden" in the last 24 hours.

"Even if, as some statistics suggest, Biden's supporters had submitted 616,000 absentee votes in Pennsylvania, compared with 162,000 from Trump supporters, how on earth could Biden make up the 690,000 deficit that he faced this time last night,” Mr Jones said.

“The same could be said of Michigan and Wisconsin.

“With 92% of the vote counted, last night, in Wisconsin, Mr Trump held a lead of 119,000 votes - 54%, 46% Biden.

“Now, a day later it's 49.6% to Biden, not 46% and 48.9% to Trump, not 54%.

“Far from being 119,000 votes ahead, Biden is 20,000 in front, a turnaround of 139,000 votes for Biden.

“It was described as 'a late dump of votes'. Where are these votes from?

“In Michigan, while only 86% of the vote had been counted when I spoke to you last night, Trump was well in front, 54 to 43.

“Now Trump's 54 is suddenly 48, and Biden, from pre-polling, goes from 43% to 50.5%, that is an almost 8% swing.

“8% of the vote in Michigan is 400,000. It is not believable.

“This is not to buy into this argument that we must race off to the Supreme Court.

“But there is something odd about all of this.

“I am not a conspiracist, but I have been in this game a long time.

“I have never seen anything like this in my life.”"

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Sky News host Alan Jones says there is something odd about the hundreds and thousands of postal votes which "have magically materialised for Biden" in the last 24 hours.

"Even if, as some statistics suggest, Biden's supporters had submitted 616,000 absentee votes in Pennsylvania, compared with 162,000 from Trump supporters, how on earth could Biden make up the 690,000 deficit that he faced this time last night,” Mr Jones said.

“The same could be said of Michigan and Wisconsin.

“With 92% of the vote counted, last night, in Wisconsin, Mr Trump held a lead of 119,000 votes - 54%, 46% Biden.

“Now, a day later it's 49.6% to Biden, not 46% and 48.9% to Trump, not 54%.

“Far from being 119,000 votes ahead, Biden is 20,000 in front, a turnaround of 139,000 votes for Biden.

“It was described as 'a late dump of votes'. Where are these votes from?

“In Michigan, while only 86% of the vote had been counted when I spoke to you last night, Trump was well in front, 54 to 43.

“Now Trump's 54 is suddenly 48, and Biden, from pre-polling, goes from 43% to 50.5%, that is an almost 8% swing.

“8% of the vote in Michigan is 400,000. It is not believable.

“This is not to buy into this argument that we must race off to the Supreme Court.

“But there is something odd about all of this.

“I am not a conspiracist, but I have been in this game a long time.

“I have never seen anything like this in my life.”"

ok... of course this is never been seen with the Cornavirus f"d up the whole year.... unless someone present a lawsuit with real proof, its all rhetoric. and to pump up the base.
where are the lawsuits

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not odd whatsoever given the high possibility of mail in votes being counted last and the high possibility that the majority of mail in votes are pro Biden.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
ok... of course this is never been seen with the Cornavirus f"d up the whole year.... unless someone present a lawsuit with real proof, its all rhetoric. and to pump up the base.
where are the lawsuits
So, the ballots gonna be checked if they're legit or not.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant wait for biden to win so he can instantly fix this covid19 thing cause apparently its all trumps fault and biden wouldnt of let anyone fucking die FROM AN UNSTOPPABLE VIRUS. Masks dont stop it. Social distancing dont stop it. It will do what it does just be glad it doest have a 98% mortality rate and fucking deal with it. In election news wtf do they have 10 year olds counting these ballots with a black board and a piece of chalk tallying up these votes or what.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the ballots gonna be checked if they're legit or not.
. soo you don't know how votes are processed ?
In Georgia, the moment the ballot gets in they get logged and grouped. The moment the chain of custody is broken or the ballot is in-regular. the ballot does a hard stop to be checked.
Saying they "going to be check" is claiming the voting process of the Great state of Georgia is wrong from the start

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I hope Biden wins. Too few right-wing people woke up during the Trump presidency. Maybe left-wing people will wake up during a Biden/Harris administration.

BTW did you know that 18 states in the US don´t allow or limit OSCE access to the election? We never hear about it in Europe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation