Homebrew PokesavDS (dev thread)

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well after you complete whatever you had set out to accomplish with this project you could think about changing the look of the menu if you feel like it.. But IMO i'm content with what the menu looks like its good not bad..

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swornsecrets said:
Chase-san said:
But also, more time I spend doing fancy menus. The less time I work on actual functionality. I personally care more about functionality. The current menu system isn't that bad, is it?

I agree I would rather have it fully functional. How the menu looks really isnt that important to me.

I like how it's working so far, can't wait for your next update.
smile.gif

He's got a point, but...

Hotzdevil said:
well after you complete whatever you had set out to accomplish with this project you could think about changing the look of the menu if you feel like it.. But IMO i'm content with what the menu looks like its good not bad..

...this seems like a good idea too, and...

QUOTE(alidsl @ Oct 15 2009, 09:23 AM)
The computer one wasn't fancy so why should this one be?

...this isn't the computer version, have you realized? This doesn't even look like it so far!

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have my DS right now, so I can't test this, but can you navigate through the folders on the microSD card or do you have to have your save file on the root?

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
you don't have to have your save file in the root. when you press load you get a folder opening up with save files only, if incase the save file is't showing up(for whatever reason) you can press show all and then select your save file..

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Sorry 9 is taking so long, I am doing the items, and the code requires me to make a editing screen right after another editing screen which so far I have not done in the rest of PPSE-DS. That means the infrastructure for such an option does not exist, for the current options I spent long time working on that, which is why keyboard took so long as well (I had to make new complex things). hopefully be done in a few hours though (like 12).

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay Revision 9 is now out, here is my change log. It has an highly experimental eeprom loader, ergo loading from retail carts, I added it in as a afterthought, it probably doesn't work very well at all, if at all (it will load renamed saves in no$gba, thats all I know).

Download

Oct 16, 2009: r9
+ Added Complete Item Editing Support
+ Added Highly Experimental Eeprom Loader
(do A+B+X+Y+START+SELECT on main menu)
= Fixed screens to render on demand
= Fixed countless preformance bugs
= Fixed minor pokemon disappearance bug
= Fixed a few empty scroll menu bugs

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Emergency Update! Fixes two large bugs with items editing!

Download

Oct 16, 2009: r9.2
= Fixed Item 'Edit' Button (it didn't work)
= Fixed Item 'Add' and 'Insert' to not add an extra item if combining

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Wasn't there another PokeSav NDS project going by some other guy but just really never started off?
unsure.gif

Uhm yeah, that was me as well. Whoops.
smile.gif

Yoou used to have a Shadow avatar? Because the OP of that topic used to have one. But I can't find it :/

Oh well, okay maybe that wasn't me, but PokesavDS was made but then died there for awhile. Then it came back and I renamed it PPSE-DS. (also its rebuilt)

Oh, lol. I have a small idea:
The topic that I found that in hadn't made any progress at all, but had some menu idea pictures. They were all modified versions of the Battle Menu's (Diamond and Pearl) menu areas, like Fight, Run Away, etc. Maybe you should incorporate this for at least the beginning menus?
unsure.gif
Just a suggestion.
Yea that guy was me... (im the Shadow Avatar guy lol)
ive posted that idea on one of these pages(of this thread)

Hey at least some people like that idea!
smile.gif

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the concept, and the menu is simple yet effective. I wouldn't change it until core features are developed.
Also, I think you really should do SAV backups, and a way to load these backups.
So far, I like it.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol Chase-san! I can't believe you forgot to test it first!

amasseburg said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Chase-san said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Chase-san said:
Uhm yeah, that was me as well. Whoops.
smile.gif

Yoou used to have a Shadow avatar? Because the OP of that topic used to have one. But I can't find it :/

Oh well, okay maybe that wasn't me, but PokesavDS was made but then died there for awhile. Then it came back and I renamed it PPSE-DS. (also its rebuilt)

Oh, lol. I have a small idea:
The topic that I found that in hadn't made any progress at all, but had some menu idea pictures. They were all modified versions of the Battle Menu's (Diamond and Pearl) menu areas, like Fight, Run Away, etc. Maybe you should incorporate this for at least the beginning menus?
unsure.gif
Just a suggestion.
Yea that guy was me... (im the Shadow Avatar guy lol)
ive posted that idea on one of these pages(of this thread)

Hey at least some people like that idea!
smile.gif

...you!
ohmy.gif
bow.gif
lol

Why are so many people having problems loading this game? I never had any problem and mine is in a folder inside another folder.

...I have to delete some quotes from our "conversation", Chase-san. There's too many so It won't let me post.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... Such fast updates.

Also thank you! So the app just scans my microSD for saves and then asks me which one I want to open right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • NinStar
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, tell your parents to stop mating