Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
don't you both have to add the friend code before you are actually classed as friends.....so you would need to restore your original nand to be able to add the new friend code that gets created
I add my new friend code from emuNAND to my real NAND and add my old friend code from real NAND to emuNAND. Actually I see no Problem there. I only think that it will most likely fail, because the factory reset would have an effect on the real NAND.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I add my new friend code from emuNAND to my real NAND and add my old friend code from real NAND to emuNAND. Actually I see no Problem there. I only think that it will most likely fail, because the factory reset would have an effect on the real NAND.
sounds like it should work.....probably be best to backup your SD card contents if you dont' want to loose your content for the 4.x nand

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently got my Gateway and I'm trying to inject the sav so I can trade my 6iv Calm AZ Floette to contribute to the sav file but I can't get EITHER of the sav injecting programs to work?
Is there something I've done horribly wrong? Here's what happens with both of them when I try to inject the sav I downloaded from the thread

405f6f08af.png

full error found here

and the second one gives a much simpler
f5e5f1af34.png

Is there a way I can fix it? :( The sav isn't being injected at all. I've tried putting them both in the folder with the ROM and SAV and I've ran both as administrator and no dice... I'm sorry if this isn't the right topic or place to ask these things but I downloaded both of these programs from the first post and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

EDIT: I downloaded the US CONTRAST version of Pokemon X if that matters.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently got my Gateway and I'm trying to inject the sav so I can trade my 6iv Calm AZ Floette to contribute to the sav file but I can't get EITHER of the sav injecting programs to work...

The programs don't have permission to access the file. You can try run the program as administrator (even if your windows account is administrator) and move your rom file outside of your user folder.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The programs don't have permission to access the file. You can try run the program as administrator (even if your windows account is administrator) and move your rom file outside of your user folder.

I tried "run as Administrator" and it still doesn't seem to work.
HOWEVER: it DID work with Pokemon Y... but still nothing for X. I guess that's good enough for now. Thank you for responding! :lol:

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried "run as Administrator" and it still doesn't seem to work.
HOWEVER: it DID work with Pokemon Y... but still nothing for X. I guess that's good enough for now. Thank you for responding! :lol:
Where did you store your rom files? User folders usually require higher access right. That might be the problem.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you store your rom files? User folders usually require higher access right. That might be the problem.

It was in My Documents/Emulators/3ds_games/pokemonx.3ds and .sav both in the folder.
I set access for "Everyone" for the particular folder like so
5fbbca8d6c.png

but it still won't work. Should I move them to Desktop or somewhere else?

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was in My Documents/Emulators/3ds_games/pokemonx.3ds and .sav both in the folder.
I set access for "Everyone" for the particular folder like so
but it still won't work. Should I move them to Desktop or somewhere else?

Try to put them somewhere else, like D:\pokemonx.3ds

pogotwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have a odd question (tried to search for it however i didn't see if it was covered or not)

I have a Powersaves and I am trying to import the "ash - y" save onto my game cart.

However after using Car2save to create the bin file needed (powersaves wont import .savs for some reason)
not only does the file size shoot up to roughly 2 gigs but it wont import (probably for the aformentioned issue)

So any help would be great!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Well i have a odd question (tried to search for it however i didn't see if it was covered or not)

I have a Powersaves and I am trying to import the "ash - y" save onto my game cart.

However after using Car2save to create the bin file needed (powersaves wont import .savs for some reason)
not only does the file size shoot up to roughly 2 gigs but it wont import (probably for the aformentioned issue)

So any help would be great!
Also, powersaves saves and rom saves are incompatible with each other. (the roms saves in this thread will not work with your powersaves or your cartridge game. other peoples's powersaves saves will also not work)

Edit: it seems you are using rom tools for powersave backups. Just don't do it. Use the powersaves app only.

pogotwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use trimmed roms with Card2 games. 2 gigs is what size the game should be in the first place.

Also, powersaves saves and rom saves are incompatible with each other.

Edit: it seems you are using rom tools for powersave backups. Just don't do it. Use the powersaves app only.

Ok, so if i am reading this correctly, any of the saves posted in this thread with the secret legendaries just wont with with powersaves at all?

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the rom file attributes and see if it has read only attribute? If it has, remove it.

THAT DID IT! :lol: thank you so much I was getting so frustrated with this.

In the meantime while I've been too stupid to get the X file to work, I've fiddled with the Y rom and I've traded my 6IV Calm AZ's Floette (with a Shiny Version!) AND all legit Japanese Birthday Pokemon + JPN XY Sylveon and JPN Nuketta Wobuffet to the file!

Let me know if the file works. If it doesn't I probably am having more problems with this program than I originally thought, HAHA.

Attachments

• Pokemon Y SAV - h448 edit.zip
    842.5 KB · Views: 149

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT DID IT! :lol: thank you so much I was getting so frustrated with this.

In the meantime while I've been too stupid to get the X file to work, I've fiddled with the Y rom and I've traded my 6IV Calm AZ's Floette (with a Shiny Version!) AND all legit Japanese Birthday Pokemon + JPN XY Sylveon and JPN Nuketta Wobuffet to the file!

Let me know if the file works. If it doesn't I probably am having more problems with this program than I originally thought, HAHA.

I think that I speak for everybody when I say thanks for the hard work. I will be updating the front page with your save in a bit. :yaynds:

Reactions: h448

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok then i might as well ask this here, are there any posts or furoms dedicated to powersave editing?
Nope, it's not possible to edit your saves. Gateway can shares saves, but except for action replay and it's codes, nobody can edit any saves

(Before anyone says, I wouldn't count Pokemon project just yet, not until something is actually released,)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +1