Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok, and one more question. According to all of this, the save is stored in the rom inside the microSD.

that means that in order to keep my save i must keep that specific room with me all the time??? if i delete the rom or the rom is corrupted in some way i loss my progress?
isnt it like all other game in GW that make a file in the 3DS´s SD card?
no, animal crossing and pokemon have a different saving method ....even on the retail carts, the game is saved to the rom, using the tools in the first post you can extract your save for safe keeping if you ever need to delete the rom, then restore it if you want to play again

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Randomxiii's suggestion isn't that unreasonable. However, due to the fact that a Y save has already been started and has significant additions already, I'm not planning on redoing anything and starting from scratch. Sorry, but feel free to start one if you want.

ok, and one more question. According to all of this, the save is stored in the rom inside the microSD.

that means that in order to keep my save i must keep that specific room with me all the time??? if i delete the rom or the rom is corrupted in some way i loss my progress?
isnt it like all other game in GW that make a file in the 3DS´s SD card?

The save is stored on the ROM itself and not on the system SD card. This is true of all Card2 games (Pokemon and Animal Crossing.). Unless you want to lose your progress, you are going to have to keep a copy of the ROM from your microSD card on your computer somewhere or extract the save like gamesquest1 said. (I got beat to the punch :lol: )

Reactions: supermalloch

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First things first, right as I was about to post the small update to Y that you can read about below, it was pointed out to me by kantol that they had found a gap in the X save's coverage (which I figured would eventually happen as this was a massive undertaking and was inevitable.) Version 5 did not have anything from the finneon line. This has now been corrected so the official status of the X save is now Version 5.1. If you do not want to go back and load the save, the just be forewarned that it will be impossible to complete the National Dex unless you can get somebody to trade you a finneon (which is a Bank pokemon but can also be found on the GTS.) I do not plan on doing any further updating to the file other than to add any missing evolutionary lines or the occasional Powersaves event. Otherwise, I have had positive feedback from many users and am glad that you guys like it.

I wanted to do a small update to the Y file since it was pointed out that the late@site stones were never included. This is the first time that I opened the Y community file, and I also noticed that the Gengar that was listed as being present is actually not (I did double check and it is in the X file that I was responsible for editing.) I have since removed it from the list found in the Y FAQ. This update to the Y file was mainly concerned adding the lati@sites. I also included only a few new pokemon. If you want to begin playing with this file but are worried that I'm just going to release another update tomorrow, I can honestly say that I do not intended on updating the Y file on a daily basis. At best, I'm only going to be updating it occasionally (mainly since I have already provided everyone a way to get a complete National Dex using the X save.) Sorry to all of you guys who want me to do the same with Y, but I just do not have the time. With that being said, if there is somebody who wants to take up the mantle of save consolidation for Y, feel free to do so. I will try to help you out as much as I can.

Below you can find a list of the additions to both files.

Pokemon X - Version 5.1 Save
1. Finneon

Pokemon Y - Version 3.1 Save
1. Lati@s with corresponding mega stones
2. Victini
3. Zekrom
4. Reshiram
5. Kyurem

Here are the files. I will be updating the front page accordingly.

Attachments

• Pokemon Saves - Ash.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 309

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are those pokemon "legit", i mean, do they show the pentagon in the stats screen?

The pentagon does not have anything to do with telling if a Pokemon is "legit." That is a myth. It simply just means that a pokemon was caught or hatched in Kalos. It is physically impossible to do this for the entire Dex as the Bank legendaries (with the exception of Celebi) cannot have the symbol (unless you are from Asia and had access to the first version of Bank which allowed a way for the symbol to be hacked in or traded for one of those pokemon from that period.)

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your answer, although something remains.
Are the pokemon legit? Whit legit i mean unmodified stats

were they captured normally in their respective regions and then transfered to the bank?

Is it possible to move pokemons from pokesave all the way to >DS flashcart>Black/white card >Pokebank>X/Y>gateway?
Surely this last part has been asked before, but i've not been updated about pokemon recently

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your answer, although something remains.
Are the pokemon legit? Whit legit i mean unmodified stats

were they captured normally in their respective regions and then transfered to the bank?

Is it possible to move pokemons from pokesave all the way to >DS flashcart>Black/white card >Pokebank>X/Y>gateway?
Surely this last part has been asked before, but i've not been updated about pokemon recently

To answer your questions in order:
1 and 2. Some are unaltered events/caught pokemon, some are modified events/caught pokemon, some were completely created via Pokegen, and a few were obtained from the GTS to help save me some time so I cannot testify to their authenticity. If you are really worried about having only "legit" pokemon, then do not use the file. I can tell you that about 95% of them came from myself and were obtained in the above manners. On top of that, the only way to get shiny gen 6 legendaries (Xerneas, Zygarde, Yveltal) is to apply a save edit using Powersaves, which some would argue makes them not "legit" any longer, and Diance/AZ Floette/Lati@site can only be obtained using a now removed Powersaves edit as well.

3. To answer your last question, you can do that, but it is nowhere near as simple as that. In order to accomplish this, you would require the following equipment: DS flashcart, two 3DS units (one normal version and one Gateway modded version,) Gateway, a gen 5 cart, and finally copy of X/Y (digital or cart.) This is the way that it would have to be done. Pokegen (or comparable editor) > flash save to gen 5 cart > Transporter on normal (non-Gateway 3DS unit) > legit copy of X/Y (digital or cart) ---------> trade to ROM on second Gateway 3DS unit. Short of that, there is no other way to do it. You cannot use Poke Bank on a Gateway modded 3DS.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx,
Going offtopic for a sec, i came across this method which makes a lot easier the procedure of transferring pokemon from pokegen to X/Y, the DS flashcart is no longer needed. But as you said, the unmodified 3DS is still needed as well as the 5th and 6th gen games.

Reactions: Margen67

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx,
Going offtopic for a sec, i came across this method which makes a lot easier the procedure of transferring pokemon from pokegen to X/Y, the DS flashcart is no longer needed. But as you said, the unmodified 3DS is still needed as well as the 5th and 6th gen games.

That may actually not work for much longer. Nintendo is about to take down the servers responsible for the GTS of gen 5. There are two camps on this but many actual hackers who are familiar with the true nature of the exploit say that this will cripple the GTS spoofing sites. This is mainly due to the fact that before the the game allows you to connect to the GTS, it goes into a verification mode to check the servers. Once it detects that the servers are up, that is where the spoofing kicks in.

I have seen "tests" performed by both sides claiming to prove their side of the argument. For what it's worth, I have seen trustworthy hackers in the community say that once the servers are taken down, this will end GTS spoofing. I also did my own experiment before I read the posts by the hackers that I trust and also could not get the exploit to work using the tool that I used prior to getting my flashcarts. I'm not a hacker in the ways that these guys are, so I'm siding with the guys who know more than me. This isn't going to effect me either way since I have the capacity to flash the saves back to my cart (I use Pokegen and flashcarts,) but this will have a significant impact on those who come to the party too late.

For those who are interested or haven't heard, May 20 is the day Nintendo plans to kill the servers. We will find out the final answer to this question then.

DannyDeLonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi MGS1980 :) Thanks for your efforts. It's amazing. May I ask for an Pokémon Y Save with the Content mixed up from the recent Savefiles if you have the Time ? No need to hurry. It would be great if you could choose the "German"-Language, Name the Guy "Danny" and choose the second Option in the "How he looks" Screen (The Dude with dark Hair and bright skincolor). I also would help to create some Savefiles but I've tried to trade some Pokémon with a Friend and always got an Errormessage.... He's using a Retail Copy of Pokémon X and I'm using my Gateway-Card. Any Idea why this happens ? We tried to trade them locally, over Infrared...every possible Option. I've already updated the Rom to 1.2 and he also added me to his Friendlist. Nothing. Thanks in advance :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi MGS1980 :) Thanks for your efforts. It's amazing. May I ask for an Pokémon Y Save with the Content mixed up from the recent Savefiles if you have the Time ? No need to hurry. It would be great if you could choose the "German"-Language, Name the Guy "Danny" and choose the second Option in the "How he looks" Screen (The Dude with dark Hair and bright skincolor). I also would help to create some Savefiles but I've tried to trade some Pokémon with a Friend and always got an Errormessage.... He's using a Retail Copy of Pokémon X and I'm using my Gateway-Card. Any Idea why this happens ? We tried to trade them locally, over Infrared...every possible Option. I've already updated the Rom to 1.2 and he also added me to his Friendlist. Nothing. Thanks in advance :)
for the first part of your request i draw your attention to the FAQ's
This pokemon is missing can you add it? / I want this.... add it now!!!
You can make a request in the Thread, but please be polite if you start demanding....i don't think anyone would want to help you.....also keep it reasonable, the process is not fast or easy, don't just reel off a list of really specific things that you can obtain yourself in game, also please don't request people to make a save set up exactly how you want it.....i.e i have brown hair make a save for brown hair with the name john....this is impracticable, the purpose of this save is to be generic so anyone can use it

as for trading issues, do you have emunand set up to 7.1, and is your friend also on the 1.2 update for pokemon?
trading only works locally, one last thing you can check is that you are using the correct rom region for your console, i know this causes issues with some games.....not sure if it might cause problems trading

DannyDeLonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok! Got it. No such personal request :) But it would be great if we have a dark haired ash and the Pokémon witch are currently missing in the Y Savefile. (Or a blonde Misty :P) as a community file.

And yes, I've updated my Emu-NAND to the latest Version and we both had the 1.2 Update, but nothings works so far. Meh...

Got the EU-Rom (even thought that the Pokémon Rom is a Multi-Release and it should not differ from other Region-Releases....even due to the fact that there's only a worldwide released Version I guess.)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok! Got it. No such personal request :) But it would be great if we have a dark haired ash and the Pokémon witch are currently missing in the Y Savefile. (Or a blonde Misty :P) as a community file.

And yes, I've updated my Emu-NAND to the latest Version and we both had the 1.2 Update, but nothings works so far. Meh...
the reason we can't just make a ton off different saves, is that all the pokemon have to be traded manually, so you have to catch enough pokemon to trade with....this take a lot of time up...also if we start making variations of the saves the work is doubled, MGS1980 is the only person able to work on them atm and he has spent a lot of time already into getting the save up to where it is now. this isn't just like a save editor its all done manually.

just check what version of the rom your using, really not sure but if your on a EU console try to stick to EU roms i.e the contrast release, the abstakt release is US....the save is cross compatible, and im not actually sure there is any difference apart from the region, but it at least eliminates it as the cause.

DannyDeLonge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah! And you need two 3DS and if someone gets a custom file, everyone wants their own.

Got the Contrast release...(ctr-ek2a.3ds)...will try the Pokémon X Rom to see if it works...

Reactions: gamesquest1

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sves are crypted ? so it´s dificult to made a pokesav for this version?

The problem isn't so much the save encryption. Datel has decrypted them as well as Kaphotics. The big problem is what the 3DS does to the save. Picture it like a watermark. To prove to any 3DS unit that the save is legit and unaltered, the 3DS attaches code to the save to say "Hey, this is a good save." Without that mark, a 3DS will say that the save is corrupted. The big problem is that they haven't cracked that layer of encryption. From what I understand from reading the various wiki's on 3DS hacking (please correct me if I'm wrong if any of the good hackers like Kaphotics are around), the key to the encryption is sent directly from the bootrom to a write only portion of the 3DS. They cannot dump that section to read it and obtain the keys. Since nobody hasn't publicly obtained full bootrom control to tell it to dump the keys in an area that can be read, the key hasn't been obtained yet. From what I also understand, this is a particularly hard encryption to crack and the encryption is different for every 3DS out there. Without being able to see how the system is generating the different keys, they cannot make a program that will do the same for everybody.

The way that they are getting around this now is by using a hard modded 3DS and having it run a save through it to sign it. It is theorized that Datel has a farm of 3DS units like this to accomplish this for them. They take our uploaded saves, modify it, run it through one of their units which signs it, and then send the save back to us. When our 3DS looks at the save, it sees that "official seal" and gives it a thumbs up.

So you see, that is why nobody is promising anything like pokegen yet. Sure there are tools that allow you to dump .pkx files, upload them, modify them, etc, but without a way to put that that "official seal" on the save, it means nothing.

CyKoDeLiC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there. Could you please add Poochyena or Mightyena? Cause you can only get them on the Pokemon Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work