Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

D

Deleted-236924

Because telling me to "check YouTube" definitely means I'll be able to find the exact video in an instant.

Reactions: signz

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you said that because of the top comments of that video?

No, not really. From another site, I have two friends that have been affected by it.
I'm not saying that the hackers are responsible but we never know. It may be some hoax made by others in order to discourage hackers from doing their editor.
But hey, if something happens, just don't say I didn't warn you.
I'm done on this since I gotta go sleep.

EDIT: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/bad-eggs-going-around-wonder-trade-158290/

Kaysick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the hex data of a Croagunk I snagged from Wonder Trade. I'm not too clear on the whole explanation of the blue data that's rectangle'd and the red.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I have the hex data of a Croagunk I snagged from Wonder Trade. I'm not too clear on the whole explanation of the blue data that's rectangle'd and the red.

The blue rectangle'd data is the header of the packet (for more info, Google). The red rectangle'd one is the 232bytes of the encrypted Pokemon; copy those values on a hex editor and you got your Croagunk.bin file that can be decrypted and displayed on the PKX Editor.

Kaysick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The blue rectangle'd data is the header of the packet (for more info, Google). The red rectangle'd one is the 232bytes of the encrypted Pokemon; copy those values on a hex editor and you got your Croagunk.bin file that can be decrypted and displayed on the PKX Editor.
Thanks! This helped me a lot :)

So looking at the main topic...
The next part is still a work in progress
*After editing and re-encrypting the Pokemon by saving it as a .bin file, the received packets must be altered to include the new Pokemon. Having the received packets of the last Wondertrade, search for the encrypted Pokemon the same way as before and replace the HEX data.
*Inject the packets in another Wondertrade.

You would then replace the HEX data with a "new" pokemon or the same one you just got and then somehow send it back to yourself. But how would you inject the packets to send to yourself or is that not really known yet?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks! This helped me a lot :)

So looking at the main topic...

You would then replace the HEX data with a "new" pokemon or the same one you just got and then somehow send it back to yourself. But how would you inject the packets to send to yourself or is that not really known yet?

Altering the received data. This hasn't been resolved because in order to get the 3DS to allow access to injected data, the checksum of the injected packets must be properly calculated; this is what is being researched at this point.

Kaysick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay. Well I'm glad I was able to understand all of this since this whole topic interests me. I hope there's a breakthrough soon then :)

codemonke85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the Bad Egg scare, I've removed my editor's DropBox link. The source is still available at my GitHub, so now anyone who wants it can build it themselves (and consequently find the Bad Egg producing "error" that doesn't exist).

Could you guys pull the file from the GBATemp downloads section?

RubenPikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pikaedit.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks to the Bad Egg scare, I've removed my editor's DropBox link. The source is still available at my GitHub, so now anyone who wants it can build it themselves (and consequently find the Bad Egg producing "error" that doesn't exist).

Could you guys pull the file from the GBATemp downloads section?

Since I'm developing my editor I checked codemonkey85 PKX editor saving an encrypted pkx I got from one Wonder Trade I made, checking it the checksum didn't equal the one of the original file so there must be an error there... I also made the comparison with my editor saved encrypted pkx file and I got the correct checksum :)

Checksums.png

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since I'm developing my editor I checked codemonkey85 PKX editor saving an encrypted pkx I got from one Wonder Trade I made, checking it the checksum didn't equal the one of the original file so there must be an error there... I also made the comparison with my editor saved encrypted pkx file and I got the correct checksum :)

-el snipo-

What do you mean by this? Did you just opened a .bin pokemon and save it as .pkx using PKX Editor resulting in a unintended change made on the checksum by PKX Editor?
I can't properly see your image.

RubenPikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pikaedit.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Mexico
What do you mean by this? Did you just opened a .bin pokemon and save it as .bin again using PKX Editor resulting in a unintended change made on the checksum by PKX Editor?

Yes, I only loaded the .bin pokemon and saved it as a .bin without changing anything using PKX editor... all other data is unchanged so the checksum calculation on PKX editor must have an error

Kaysick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by this? Did you just opened a .bin pokemon and save it as .pkx using PKX Editor resulting in a unintended change made on the checksum by PKX Editor?
I can't properly see your image.

The top image (pkxeditor.bin) has "1E 6F" and the two bottom, have "3F B5" (Furfrou.pkx and pikaeditencrypted.pkx) highlighted. So yes, what Ruben is saying is true.

codemonke85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used my editor to open and save a PKX and the output was identical with the input file. I also tried saving as an encrypted PKX, loading that, and saving again as a decrypted PKX... identical again.

I attached the files in question to this post.

EDIT: For good measure I loaded the encrypted file and saved that without making changes. Still identical to the input. I don't know what you did Ruben... but my program works.

Attachments

• Chespin.zip
    934 bytes · Views: 134

RubenPikachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pikaedit.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm sorry if the image is tiny, I cannot make look bigger for some reason but here are the files

Edit: On your Chespin files, the .pkx have FF 55 as the checksum, while the .bin has the checksum as 2B F9

Attachments

• Furfrou.zip
    758 bytes · Views: 197

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: