Inject GBA Cart to 3DS Virtual Console

SuperGimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I recently have decided I want to load my Pokemon games from their OG cart into my 3DS virtual console in order to back them up on Pokemon Home. Through CFW and JKSM I was able to successful inject a save file I had from an emulator into my 3DS version, However, the file I have from my cart is just not working. Every time I load this in I get an error that says "Save data is corrupted and will be initialized."

For both saves all I did was change the ".sav" file to "sav.dat". Really weird that this one is not working, but I'm sure there is more to it. For reference, this was ripped from the cart with a Joey Jr and it's Pokemon Blue, gen 1 game. I've attached the file if anybody wants to mess around with it. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• POKEMONB.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 50

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I recently have decided I want to load my Pokemon games from their OG cart into my 3DS virtual console in order to back them up on Pokemon Home. Through CFW and JKSM I was able to successful inject a save file I had from an emulator into my 3DS version, However, the file I have from my cart is just not working. Every time I load this in I get an error that says "Save data is corrupted and will be initialized."

For both saves all I did was change the ".sav" file to "sav.dat". Really weird that this one is not working, but I'm sure there is more to it. For reference, this was ripped from the cart with a Joey Jr and it's Pokemon Blue, gen 1 game. I've attached the file if anybody wants to mess around with it. Thank you for your help!
The title of this thread doesn't reflect/ describe the issue that you're having, nowhere near as close..
Anyway, about your Pokémon gb cart save, i think you need to convert it for gb vc to accept it, i can't tell you how..

SuperGimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to delete the secure value once you have restored the save to the 3DS, it will then load fine.

I did exactly this years ago, my tutorial on how so if you have issues still: Pokemon GameBoy / Rom Save Transfer To 3DS
Oh my god I love the internet. Worked perfectly, thanks so much!

The title of this thread doesn't reflect/ describe the issue that you're having, nowhere near as close..
Anyway, about your Pokémon gb cart save, i think you need to convert it for gb vc to accept it, i can't tell you how..
I accidentally typed GBA instead of GBC in the title, my bad. Otherwise I have no idea how it would not match. I wanted to take a GBC save from a cart, and inject it into the 3DS virtual console. I think it's pretty spot on...unless you mean my typo, then I agree. My b. All good though, the gentleman above had the solution!

Reactions: InsaneNutter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.