ROM Hack Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition English Translation Patch

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there are others who want the localized version but i'm sure there are those who prefer the japanese game with the translation patch. I prefer my translated patched pokemon black game over the localized version anyday.
As said here:
Anyways, as you obviously can't see, people who would get a translation before the official game comes out would play that.As they play it, beat it in a couple of weeks, the actual game comes out. Now, what would push you to buy the official game? Absolutely nothing.
You're just proving what I was saying:
You "have" (downloaded obviously") the Japanese version, and you play it with a patch made by fans, so, why will you buy the game when it'll comes out ? nothing. Ok, you could download the english version too, but that's another thing.
Exactly my point, I'm supporting games who comes to my country, you don't. And you kind of people are the first to claim that we're not getting enough jap games => hilarious don't you think ?
Earlier you've just said that people should not care if the game is translated in Japanese because you'll end pirating either way. I'll just blame this on the language barrier and leave it at that since your argument is entirely different than it originally was. I don't plan on playing it before it releases in America because it will be a full game by time it comes out here and not a half finished fan translation. If you pirate the game, translated, from a Japanese ROM, you wouldn't have anything pushing you to buy the game in the first place.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure there are others who want the localized version but i'm sure there are those who prefer the japanese game with the translation patch. I prefer my translated patched pokemon black game over the localized version anyday.
As said here:
Anyways, as you obviously can't see, people who would get a translation before the official game comes out would play that.As they play it, beat it in a couple of weeks, the actual game comes out. Now, what would push you to buy the official game? Absolutely nothing.
You're just proving what I was saying:
You "have" (downloaded obviously") the Japanese version, and you play it with a patch made by fans, so, why will you buy the game when it'll comes out ? nothing. Ok, you could download the english version too, but that's another thing.
Exactly my point, I'm supporting games who comes to my country, you don't. And you kind of people are the first to claim that we're not getting enough jap games => hilarious don't you think ?
Earlier you've just said that people should not care if the game is translated in Japanese because you'll end pirating either way. I'll just blame this on the language barrier and leave it at that since your argument is entirely different than it originally was. I don't plan on playing it before it releases in America because it will be a full game by time it comes out here and not a half finished fan translation. If you pirate the game, translated, from a Japanese ROM, you wouldn't have anything pushing you to buy the game in the first place.
I never said that people will end up pirating it anyway or was this not directed at me? Cause if it was can I respond again?

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok. my last post because this is really.... useless.
First, the law guys, maybe you're not aware but there is laws, and what we're all doing is:
http://en.wikipedia....ent_of_software
Software piracy, by modifying the content of copyrighted material. That's one of the reason I don't like "touching" games that just came out.
and if you read the wiki page you'll see this on "MOTIVATION":
Unavailability – no legitimate sellers providing the product in the country of the end-user: not yet launched there, already withdrawn from sales, never to be sold there, geographical restrictions on online distribution and international shipping
Which is clearly the point. If a game is not available in our country, we translate it ourself.

So, what's the point in translating it now ?
1. Since it's already started, let's finish it
2. I prefer "real" pokémons names (as said by BlazeV)
3. It's a Jap rom ! (Omg Kawaii ne !!!)
4. I want to lose against Nintendo at the court.
5. I don't mind wasting tons of money for lawyer because I'm a pirate AND PROUD OF IT.

yeah, for example, I once run a Ragnarok Online server in France, and when the license came here and they started the "Official French Ragnarok Online", we all got sued for "piracy/copyright enfrigement" etc if we don't close our server.
I don't fight the laws, I'm just trying not to get too involved, translating a japanese game that I'm "sure" it'll never comes out. That's something most people will enjoy (even Japanese because in a way we're making a "commercial" for them and they don't lose money)

Cya all.

Edit:
Ok, language barrier heh:
"translated in Japanese" => you are wrong (yeah let's say you live in USA but you can't speak your native language)
"you'll end pirating either way" => I never said that.
My argument is no different than the original, I don't support fan translation over a game that gets an official localization.
I don't see where this have changed.
"If you pirate the game, translated, from a Japanese ROM, you wouldn't have anything pushing you to buy the game in the first place." => EXACTLY, that's why I don't support it.
seriously... language barrier... this is like racism to me, let me go eat my fromage with my baguettes and smoke my cigarettes with my beret on.

Reactions: 1 person

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, so much going on here and a few of them are not even pertinent to the project. Anyway, the project is continuing because the people doing this just want to compare their unofficial version with the official version, IINM. Besides, usually the localisation 'tastes' better than fan-translated stuff. I for one is interested in how the patch holds up against the official localised version.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Besides, usually the localisation 'tastes' better than fan-translated stuff.
I'm assuming that's because you can't put virtual things into your mouth. :P

But on topic: I'd actually like to see this completed. I have a tendency to play fan-translations a lot more than the actual localized version. I don't mind if it isn't though, I support whatever this project's team regardless of what they want to do.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, language barrier heh:
"translated in Japanese" => you are wrong (yeah let's say you live in USA but you can't speak your native language)
"you'll end pirating either way" => I never said that.
My argument is no different than the original, I don't support fan translation over a game that gets an official localization.
I don't see where this have changed.
"If you pirate the game, translated, from a Japanese ROM, you wouldn't have anything pushing you to buy the game in the first place." => EXACTLY, that's why I don't support it.
seriously... language barrier... this is like racism to me, let me go eat my fromage with my baguettes and smoke my cigarettes with my beret on.

Racism...? lol. Okay. Anyways, your entire argument changed twice in this thread, so if it's not a language barrier, you're a bad troll.

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
I Prefer Having an Original Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition and not the lame americanized Pokemon Conquest,I Like the Name Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition

Izham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
v1.5 Translation Patch:

Military Commanders (Bushou.dat) 100%
Items (Item.dat) 100%
Nations (Kuni.dat) 100%
Pokemon (Pokemon.dat) 100%
Abilities (Tokusei.dat) 100%
Trainers (Trainer.dat) 100%
Moves (Waza.dat) 100%
Military Commander Skills (Saihai.dat) 100%
More Items (TrSkill.dat) 100%
More Moves (Skill.dat) 100%
Special Abilities (SpAbility.dat) 100%
Buildings (Building.dat) 100%
Character dialogue (MSG.dat) 10%
Graphics: maybe 50% ?

Hey guys, patch v1.5 is out now! :)

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Perharps I was doing wrong in Placing My Favor in the Localization them,they are doing quite a Nice Job,I Will Play this Until the Localization Arrives

Can Someone Tell Me How to Beat the Fist Nation,Please

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Wrong place to ask.

Anyways, you guys are quick.
Hey, good job on being an asshole, not even pointing him in the correct direction, and then adding a minimal sentence so you can say your post wasn't totally useless and unwarranted. Awesome.

Anyways, Dan Kuso, you can start a thread here about it and it can be the Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition Help Thread.

Reactions: 2 people

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. Wrong place to ask.

Anyways, you guys are quick.
Hey, good job on being an asshole, not even pointing him in the correct direction, and then adding a minimal sentence so you can say your post wasn't totally useless and unwarranted. Awesome.

Anyways, Dan Kuso, you can start a thread here about it and it can be the Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition Help Thread.
I'm pretty sure it should go in the DS section, not 3DS.
To the translators: Great job so far, and very fast as well. Almost everything done, only dialogues to go :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh