ROM Hack Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition English Translation Patch

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Continuing this translation for the sake of "getting it before the English release" will hurt the sales of the localized version since people can just pirate it and play the translation. It's a Pokemon game. Most Pokemon games make it out of Japan. Some members here said it themselves, since it's set in Japan, not many thought it would be localized. So why continue the translation and hurt the sales of the localized version? If they decide to make more Pokemon games like this with a Japanese setting, they probably won't localize them since the sales of this game weren't as great as they thought. Buying the localized version of this game will increase the chances of future Pokemon games like this seeing localizations. I think that's what StorMyu meant.

It baffles me how people can't seem to wait a couple of months for the localized version. You won't die if you have to wait. You're waiting for the English translation patch, aren't you? If you like what the team has done so far, don't pressure them.

Anyway, I wish the team the best and hope people will accept whatever decision they make.

Reactions: 4 people

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Conquest Spiked My Interest as I Like to Play Odd Shaped Games,whenever they are,that Don´t Matter to me but what will Matter to me if I will Enjoy Myself Playing Games that Are Both Good and Hard

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It baffles me how people can't seem to wait a couple of months for the localized version. You won't die if you have to wait. You're waiting for the English translation patch, aren't you? If you like what the team has done so far, don't pressure them.

Anyway, I wish the team the best and hope people will accept whatever decision they make.

Actually, for me personally, I can wait (heck, it's April now and June is only 2 months away). I'm more of the curious type and would love to just see how things are translated between the two (fans and official). If the team decided to drop it no problem but if they continue w/ the patch all the best. I will still go out there and buy PKMN Conquest because I am really hyped for it.

That's all. ; )

NeoDestiny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if they are going to change Nobunaga's and his general names? I hope not.

I don't think they are going to change their names since they are well known historical figures.

Even though it's going to be release in the US, I'm still thankful for the effort that the translation team put through. :D
You can see in this gameplay that the general/officer names will keep their japanese names:
[yt]LL3LTLJLy3A[/yt]

Dash_2

Hello I'm Dash!
Trophies
Website
www.gofundme.com
XP
Country
Continuing this translation for the sake of "getting it before the English release" will hurt the sales of the localized version since people can just pirate it and play the translation. It's a Pokemon game. Most Pokemon games make it out of Japan. Some members here said it themselves, since it's set in Japan, not many thought it would be localized. So why continue the translation and hurt the sales of the localized version? If they decide to make more Pokemon games like this with a Japanese setting, they probably won't localize them since the sales of this game weren't as great as they thought. Buying the localized version of this game will increase the chances of future Pokemon games like this seeing localizations. I think that's what StorMyu meant.

you do know an assload of people have been doing this for a while and some of them do go and buy the legit game when it comes out? plus your logic is stupid you can pirate this and attach the patch and then wait til june and pirate that too.. having this game translated really doesnt hurt anything cause when the game comes out to america or wherever its still going to be pirated.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you do know an assload of people have been doing this for a while and some of them do go and buy the legit game when it comes out? plus your logic is stupid you can pirate this and attach the patch and then wait til june and pirate that too.. having this game translated really doesnt hurt anything cause when the game comes out to america or wherever its still going to be pirated.
You sir, have missed the point. It's a simple matter of supporting the official localization.

Reactions: 4 people

Dash_2

Hello I'm Dash!
Trophies
Website
www.gofundme.com
XP
Country
You sir, have missed the point. It's a simple matter of supporting the official localization.

there really is no point like i said those people will go on to pirate the offcial game? you really have no argument fan translated or offical localization people will pirate it or go out and buy it.

100% of fan translated users will go on to use the usa version and thats that bro you sir have really no valid point.

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

there really is no point like i said those people will go on to pirate the offcial game? you really have no argument fan translated or offical localization people will pirate it or go out and buy it.

100% of fan translated users will go on to use the usa version and thats that bro you sir have really no valid point.

It´s You who don´t Have a Valid Point cause it will be tons Fun to Play the Localized Version

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Great progress so far.. keep up the good work! And yes, the game is getting localized soon, but it's still fun to see how much they get done.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually want to see how far the translation team gets up to and will gladly support them. Pokemon Black was localized and I never bought it instead of I use the translated Japanese version and it works great with no problems so I see no problem playing the translated game instead of the localized one.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please stop talking like you're in a college fraternity and failed every year of English in high school.

Anyways, as you obviously can't see, people who would get a translation before the official game comes out would play that.As they play it, beat it in a couple of weeks, the actual game comes out. Now, what would push you to buy the official game? Absolutely nothing. Waiting for the official game to release would erge people to make a choice right then and there to either pirate it or buy it. I know damn well that people here, had they had the money to purchase it, would rather buy the game when it finally releases rather than pirate it. You seem to think *everyone* has the same lonely-boy-poor-world mindset as you and it makes your entire case seems like mindless drivel.

Reactions: 2 people

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see the problem its like a game released in Japan first and you buy it and then months later it gets released in your country and you don't buy it just the same except you download it instead. Honestly I don't see why this translation patch shouldn't be finished for people who got the japanese version cause in the end all it really matters is if you enjoy the game or not. Plus some people prefer the translation patch instead of the localization because one is a translation the other is a localization.

Reactions: 1 person

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I Would Prefer the Localization Version
But thats you, not everyone.

I'm sure there are others who want the localized version but i'm sure there are those who prefer the japanese game with the translation patch. I prefer my translated patched pokemon black game over the localized version anyday.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure there are others who want the localized version but i'm sure there are those who prefer the japanese game with the translation patch. I prefer my translated patched pokemon black game over the localized version anyday.
As said here:
Anyways, as you obviously can't see, people who would get a translation before the official game comes out would play that.As they play it, beat it in a couple of weeks, the actual game comes out. Now, what would push you to buy the official game? Absolutely nothing.
You're just proving what I was saying:
You "have" (downloaded obviously") the Japanese version, and you play it with a patch made by fans, so, why will you buy the game when it'll comes out ? nothing. Ok, you could download the english version too, but that's another thing.
Exactly my point, I'm supporting games who comes to my country, you don't. And you kind of people are the first to claim that we're not getting enough jap games => hilarious don't you think ?

Reactions: 1 person

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't be selfish. This would be a bit of a waste of time since there's already an official English version coming out. Adding pressure onto the team isn't supporting them one single bit. Whatever they decide is what true supporters will accept. If they decide to drop it cause the game is getting a localization, would you get all angry and throw a tantrum? Because that's not "supporting" the team whatsoever. Not everyone wants to play the translation and not everyone wants to play the localization. That knife cuts both ways.

The point of buying the localized version is so people can get more Pokemon games like this and increase the chances of them getting localized. Not "Well I want a translated version because I prefer Japanese than localizations. So kawaii~", "I prefer the translated version because I want to have my cake and eat it, too." or "Well we're going to pirate it anyway so who cares about buying it.".

Buying the game is support. How? By showing the creators that Westerners/Pokemon fans/weeaboos actually enjoy games like this and if they create another one, they'll know that it will sale well outside of Japan. Pokemon games continue because they sell like hotcakes around the world. They're testing the field a bit by localizing a Pokemon game with a Japanese setting. If it sells like hotcakes, we can possibly expect to see more in both Japanese and English.

Asking the team to continue because you want to be greedy is just selfish. It's unnecessary pressure and will only make the team uncomfortable if they decide not to continue. Or disappear completely with no word to avoid people who wanted them to continue.

True support is accepting whatever they decide. They didn't have to do a translation for you, but they have so far. The least you can do is appreciate what they've done so far.

Reactions: 5 people

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
As said here:
Anyways, as you obviously can't see, people who would get a translation before the official game comes out would play that.As they play it, beat it in a couple of weeks, the actual game comes out. Now, what would push you to buy the official game? Absolutely nothing.
You're just proving what I was saying:
You "have" (downloaded obviously") the Japanese version, and you play it with a patch made by fans, so, why will you buy the game when it'll comes out ? nothing. Ok, you could download the english version too, but that's another thing.
Exactly my point, I'm supporting games who comes to my country, you don't. And you kind of people are the first to claim that we're not getting enough jap games => hilarious don't you think ?
Actually I don't own any version of the game, i'm just a big supporter of translation projects but I feel that hating the translation project just for providing a translation regardless if the game is brought to NA or not just seems stupid to me.

Don't be selfish. This would be a bit of a waste of time since there's already an official English version coming out. Adding pressure onto the team isn't supporting them one single bit. Whatever they decide is what true supporters will accept. If they decide to drop it cause the game is getting a localization, would you get all angry and throw a tantrum? Because that's not "supporting" the team whatsoever.

The point of buying the localized version is so people can get more Pokemon games like this and increase the chances of them getting localized. Not "Well I want a translated version because I prefer Japanese than localizations. So kawaii~", "I prefer the translated version because I want to have my cake and eat it, too." or "Well we're going to pirate it anyway so who cares about buying it.".

Buying the game is support. How? By showing the creators that Westerners/Pokemon fans/weeaboos actually enjoy games like this and if they create another one, they'll know that it will sale well outside of Japan. Pokemon games continue because they sell like hotcakes around the world. They're testing the field a bit by localizing a Pokemon game with a Japanese setting. If it sells like hotcakes, we can possibly expect to see more in both Japanese and English.

Asking the team to continue because you want to be greedy is just selfish. It's unnecessary pressure and will only make the team uncomfortable if they decide not to continue. Or disappear completely with no word to avoid people who wanted them to continue.

True support is accepting whatever they decide. They didn't have to do a translation for you, but they have so far. The least you can do is appreciate what they've done so far.
How am I pressuring the team by saying i'm supporting it regardless if they drop it or not?

And even if they drop the project I could hardly care less since I can play a game regardless of language, I just find it easier to play in english but its not impossible for me to play in Japanese and follow the story my problem is that people after hearing that a localization is being made start bashing the project.

I have nothing against buying the game and never said that you shouldn't buy the game but i'm just saying that people can choose which one they want and if they want the japanese version with a translation patch then they are free to buy the game, dump the ROM and apply the patch or pirate the game. They don't have to buy the localized version if they don't want to.

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
localization =/= translation

thanks for the transaction patch, its great and i hope you continue but it doesn't matter if you don't since i have enough to be able to play the game.

for those who are arguing about the game, there is a big difference between just translating and localizing, not everyone agrees with localizing but they agree with translating the game and its usually those that live in america that are too ignorant to accept that i mean look at pokemon black and white they changed isshu to unova but in the past they didn't. its strange that its usually americans that can't accept that some people don't like localized product but just the translated product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily