SSShowmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi there, just updated to 9.00
Using GoldHen works flawlessly except one thing. Any game I boot up, it's trophy should be on the top of the trophy list right? Well, it's not moving. And new game I install, it's trophy is waaayyy at the bottom of the list.
I've had this problem a long time ago and iirc someone told me to run the ToDex payload.
Is that the only solution to this problem? I'm wondering if the issue is on the GoldHen payloads side, because iirc once I changed exploit host site back in the day, trophies loaded properly without the need of running ToDex.
Can anyone clarify? Also, should we notify the GoldHen payloads creator?

I know ToDex is for debug trophies, but I'm sure my games don't use debug trophies. They were loading fine on 7.55. this issue has started after I updated to 9.00 and used GoldHen 2.0b.

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

As a jailbroken Trophy Hunter I can confirm, the problem comes for the first time with 6.72 FW, then @Leeful (huge thanks to him !) fixed it with the Hen 2.1.3b, that's why I'm always using it.

I don't know how / why, but I can say some timestamp informations are not updated in the trophy database, so XMB can't display it at the good place (when sorting) because the value is BLANK.

The 2.1.3b fixed it, with a little delay in the time (between 20mn to 50mn different of "real earned trophy time"), but it's a minor problem in front of the BLANK ones lol.

I recently added GoldHen 2.2.2 to his host, and observed that this problem come back, I saw on the GoldHen's issues someone say this:

Good to all developers, my problem is:
recently update from 5.05 to 9.00, but shows blank trophy timestamps with GoldHen 2.1.2 and 2.2.2
how can I solve that?
please,
my model ps4 is CUH-7115B (ps4 pro)

test (blank trophy timestamp)
--goldhen 2.0b2 ---- solved
--goldhen 2.1.2 ----- not solved
--goldhen 2.2.2------ not solved
the problem is goldhen 2.x.x, please solve

The fact that GoldHen 2.0b2 is reported as "solved" let me hope we'll got this fixe on a future release of GoldHen, I'm hopping so much !

In a near future I'll try to inventory all DB's rows in the different tables that must be corrected for this, luck is the second "timestamp" row is informed so we can at least take these values to put them in the other row, that's what I made before Hen 2.1.3b. I'll share it the day it will exist.

But this will be a "after problem resolution", I haven't the skills to deal with the problem "at the source" when you earn a trophy.

I'm wondering why the problem reappeared after GoldHen 2.0b2 (dixit the issuer), maybe an oversight ?

My fear is that SiSTR0 has not yet responded to this issue since a month, but he's probably in holyday or dealing with other stuff, really hope it will be fixed again !

Maybe @Leeful could deal this with him ?

P.S: I think GoldHen 2.2.2 try anyway to make things on the "date" rows because a game I runned first with Hen 2.1.3b had gone up in the trophysets list, then after runned with GoldHen 2.2.2 the game went straight back down in the list, and gone up again after a new launch with Hen 2.1.3b.

Last edited by AyAPS,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neither HEN 2.1.3b or GoldHEN technically "fix" the blank trophy issue, they both just provide a "workaround" method to display a valid timestamp on the trophies earned.

In firmwares 5.05 and below when you earn a new trophy the timestamp is got from the intenal kernel clock time and date.
I think In firmwares 6.72 and above (might have actually started in 5.55) the trophy timestamps rely on a connection to sony servers. Thats why they nativly do not appear on 6.72 and later PS4s.

This new way of getting a trophy timestamp only applies to Retail PS4s. Devkit PS4s seem to stll use the old 5.05 and below method of just using the kernel clock to get a timestamp.

The workaround method HEN 2.1.3b uses is basically the same as what the todex payload does. It makes a Retail PS4 appear as a Devkit PS4 hence allowing the trophy timestamps to work on 6.72.

On the other hand GoldHEN uses a different workaround method. I don't know exactly how it works because I don't have the GoldHEN source code but it appears to give trophies a timestamp from the system clock time and not the kenel clock time.

To be honest I've never looked at the actual trophy.db since GoldHEN was released so I dont know of any trophy.db inconsistencies between GoldHEN versions.

I do remember in the trophy.db, there were 2 columns for the time_unlocked timestamps. One from the kenel clock and one from the system clock.
Maybe GoldHEN is not updating both time_unlocked columns and that is causing problems with the db.

As a test you could run GoldHEN and also run the todex payload and see if that fixes the issues with in the trophy.db when you earn a new trophy.

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for your repply, and work for the scene !

I do remember in the trophy.db, there were 2 columns for the time_unlocked timestamps. One from the kenel clock and one from the system clock.

So that's the difference between "time_unlocked" & "time_unlocked_uc", I was wondering lol.
Thanks for your explanation :)

It's noted for the "ToDex" test, I'll look it later as I'm about to move on holydays :grog:

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@AyAPS I did some tests for you on 6.72 and it looks like my suspicions were correct.
I tested earning a trophy on GoldHEN v2.0b2, GoldHEN v2.0b2 with ToDEX loaded and with the old HEN v2.1.3b.

GoldHEN v2.0b2 only set a timestamp in the "User Clock" column.
GoldHEN v2.0b2 with ToDEX correctly set a timestamp in both the "Kernel Clock" and the "User Clock" columns.
HEN v2.1.3b. also correctly set a timestamp in both the "Kernel Clock" and the "User Clock" columns.

Trophy-test-1.jpg Trophy-test-2.jpg Trophy-test-3.jpg

You will notice that there is a 1hr 5min difference in my "Kernel Clock" and "User Clock" times.
The hour difference is probably down to a daylight savings time setting and the 5min is probably down to all the kernel panics due to all the testing over the years.

This time difference can be fixed in firmware 5.05 using a kernel clock payload but NEVER EVER! try to run a kernel clock payload on any PS4 with firmware above 5.05 as it will cause unreparable dammage to your kernel clock.
(unless someome make a payload in the future that works and is safe to use on 6.72+)

This probably could be fixed by updating to the latest firmware and connecting to PSN but obviosly no one would want to do this as you would loose your jailbreak access.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Leeful that 5 minutes might be related to the clock being fast. I've noticed that the clock, when set correctly, gets off at some point. The ps3 does it too.
Yeah, it was just a theory about KPs increasing the time difference. I did notice that at one point the difference was about 30 minutes or so on my 5.05 and it seemed to get worse the more KPs I had.
Probably is just down to the hardware not keeping time correctly.
I used to have a VCR that would gain almost a minute a week and I was always having to reset the clock time. Very annoying LOL

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was just a theory about KPs increasing the time difference. I did notice that at one point the difference was about 30 minutes or so on my 5.05 and it seemed to get worse the more KPs I had.
Probably is just down to the hardware not keeping time correctly.
I used to have a VCR that would gain almost a minute a week and I was always having to reset the clock time. Very annoying LOL
I have to fix the clock on both ps3 and 4 as it gets off by about 3 minutes eventually.

44daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Neither HEN 2.1.3b or GoldHEN technically "fix" the blank trophy issue, they both just provide a "workaround" method to display a valid timestamp on the trophies earned.

In firmwares 5.05 and below when you earn a new trophy the timestamp is got from the intenal kernel clock time and date.
I think In firmwares 6.72 and above (might have actually started in 5.55) the trophy timestamps rely on a connection to sony servers. Thats why they nativly do not appear on 6.72 and later PS4s.

This new way of getting a trophy timestamp only applies to Retail PS4s. Devkit PS4s seem to stll use the old 5.05 and below method of just using the kernel clock to get a timestamp.

The workaround method HEN 2.1.3b uses is basically the same as what the todex payload does. It makes a Retail PS4 appear as a Devkit PS4 hence allowing the trophy timestamps to work on 6.72.

On the other hand GoldHEN uses a different workaround method. I don't know exactly how it works because I don't have the GoldHEN source code but it appears to give trophies a timestamp from the system clock time and not the kenel clock time.

To be honest I've never looked at the actual trophy.db since GoldHEN was released so I dont know of any trophy.db inconsistencies between GoldHEN versions.

Maybe GoldHEN is not updating both time_unlocked columns and that is causing problems with the db.

As a test you could run GoldHEN and also run the todex payload and see if that fixes the issues with in the trophy.db when you earn a new trophy.
thanks leeful ,
do you think you could backport hen 2.1.3b for 9.00 or goldhen (2.0b2+todex) to a single bin

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Leeful,

Sorry it has been a couple of weeks lol, came to inform that SiSTR0 fixed the blank trophy timestamp for GoldHen, tested OK for FW 6.72 (by me) & FW 9.0, he will reimplement the fix in the next release (after GH 2.2.4).

I already started research / comparison between [Hen 2.1.3b / GH 2.2.2 DBs] for my tool some weeks ago, there should be no problem for the blank ones. But I'm on many subjects so it will comes... when it comes :ph34r:

I first looked on this subject 2 years ago and made a manual tuto:

1662570499068.png

Since, someone already made a Python tool for this but with manual DB download/upload (probably because of multi-user selection, I remember had some headhache on this because of "not_a_blankspace_but_similar" on the username), and I'm not sure but I believe it's missing a DB's table and apply to another one where I had never saw blank entries (the SQLite query normaly wont get some results).

Speaking of the difference between "Kernel Clock" (time_unlocked) and "User Clock" (time_unlocked_uc) times, I have approximatively the same delta as you ATM, but in 2016 I wasn't in FW 6.72 (not released lol) and never had Kernel Panic before this FW.

Played offcial BD until 2018 (FW 5.05, first FPKG TrophyTitleId NPWR07410) but there are already some seconds delay between the 2 values, and over the years the difference increases.
Same since 2018, I already have some 1hour+ difference but not yet in FW 6.72 nor KP, I switched to 6.72 in August 2020):
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/aya...326196/?hash=6726bbe359817449c4e59ce5f10b6c4e

Thanks again for your time, interest, informations & tests :grog:

I have to fix the clock on both ps3 and 4 as it gets off by about 3 minutes eventually.
Same for me, more within 10 minutes

Attachments

• AyAs_-_tbl_trophy_flag_-_table.txt
    207.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by AyAPS,

44daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi @Leeful and Hi @AyAPS ,

good, I just tested goldhen 2.2.4 on my ps4 9.00 and it works fine, the trophies that are obtained in real time have timestamps, but when I restart the console without exploit, the trophies obtained (menu trophies xmb) at the moment do not have time stamps and for To fix this, golden must be launched for trophies to have timestamps (menu trophies xmb).

I asked about this error to sistro in discord, and he told me that
if someone else found another fix will be added

AyAPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @44daniel

I don't have this behaviour on my environment (PS4 FAT FW 6.72 | [LOCAL] Leeful Menu v9b _-_ HEN 2.1.3b _-_ GoldHen v2.2.3b2_Trophy_Patch.bin).

My PS4 account is a PSN one, I think the type of account can change the behaviour (and other things), as me I have a PSN connexion attempt when I'm going on my trophies, and I don't see my "PSN LVL" on the XMB since I don't connect it to PSN anymore.
I no longer can access to my profil too.

My timestamps are OK when I boot my PS4, without exploit & GoldHen launched, not as you.
Maybe your account isn't a PSN one and the behaviour is different for this reason, I dont' know.

Btw, after I tested this version
1663056061509.png

1663056173405.png

I don't have the skills needed to fix any of these things "at the source", at least it's better than nothing if you got the stamps after GH is launched.

You'll can make a try when I'll release my trophy.db fix tool and see if your behaviour change.

I finished the code section for the FTP / user selection, next step is to write code for changing the timestamps, after "DB analysis".
1663063532868.png

NO ETA WHEN
I do things for me, then actually benefit the community, better than nothing :)

Last edited by AyAPS,

44daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi @44daniel

I don't have this behaviour on my environment (PS4 FAT FW 6.72 | [LOCAL] Leeful Menu v9b _-_ HEN 2.1.3b _-_ GoldHen v2.2.3b2_Trophy_Patch.bin).

My PS4 account is a PSN one, I think the type of account can change the behaviour (and other things), as me I have a PSN connexion attempt when I'm going on my trophies, and I don't see my "PSN LVL" on the XMB since I don't connect it to PSN anymore.
I no longer can access to my profil too.

My timestamps are OK when I boot my PS4, without exploit & GoldHen launched, not as you.
Maybe your account isn't a PSN one and the behaviour is different for this reason, I dont' know.

Btw, after I tested this version
View attachment 327001
View attachment 327003

I don't have the skills needed to fix any of these things "at the source", at least it's better than nothing if you got the stamps after GH is launched.

You'll can make a try when I'll release my trophy.db fix tool and see if your behaviour change.

I finished the code section for the FTP / user selection, next step is to write code for changing the timestamps, after "DB analysis".

NO ETA WHEN
I do things for me, then actually benefit the community, better than nothing :)
Hi @Leeful and Hi @AyAPS
yesterday I tested a console with an active and non-active account,
- trophy_local.db can be edited only with an activated account, in this way you can view the timestamps of the trophies (menu xmb) without launching the exploit but if the account is not activated the trophy_local.db file is not editable, for this reason when restarting the console, the trophy_local.db file restores its initial configuration, this is the reason that the trophies do not have a timestamp (menu xmb) without exploit,

In conclusion, for fw < 5.05 it uses the internal clock of the ps4 but for fw> 5.50 (by assumption) it does not use the internal clock, because the trophies of the console activated from 4.50 (the kernel clock has a difference of 45 minutes with the clock user), but at 9.00 (kernel clock is synchronized with user clock)

44daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi @Leeful and Hi @AyAPS
yesterday I tested a console with an active and non-active account,
- trophy_local.db can be edited only with an activated account, in this way you can view the timestamps of the trophies (menu xmb) without launching the exploit but if the account is not activated the trophy_local.db file is not editable, for this reason when restarting the console, the trophy_local.db file restores its initial configuration, this is the reason that the trophies do not have a timestamp (menu xmb) without exploit,

In conclusion, for fw < 5.05 it uses the internal clock of the ps4 but for fw> 5.50 (by assumption) it does not use the internal clock, because the trophies of the console activated from 4.50 (the kernel clock has a difference of 45 minutes with the clock user), but at 9.00 (kernel clock is synchronized with user clock)
Hi @Leeful and Hi @AyAPS ,,

how are they???

Yesterday, I tested todex + golden 2.0b2 and the trophies won have timestamps with or without exploit (XMB menu), I was afraid because Al Azif told me that todex breaks saves but that didn't happen with me, all my games both in 5.05 and 9.00 work fine no error on trophies and save data, problem fixed, so
todex fix trophy issue in 9.00,

----because the saved data gets breaks?, is it due to deleting system files without guidance or payloads??? could you answer me???,

----and finally, what are the incompatibilities of todex??

Last edited by 44daniel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...