PS4 Rebuild Database menu greyed out. Not possible to select

  • Thread starter Thread starter ARamos
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,266
  • Replies Replies 1

ARamos

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
49
XP
171
Country
Portugal
Hi all PS4 users,

I have my PS4 Pro on version 9.00 jailbreak with Goldhen using a Raspberry Pie Zero and it is working perfect all this time. It is disconnected from the Internet.

I have also upgraded the HDD with one 1Tb SSD that I have at home without any use.

I have beam playing without any problems, but lately when playing Horizon Zero Dawn the fan started to make a lot of noise “more than usual” and I did also start to have stuttering during game play and audio out of sync with image. Also, sometimes the PS4 menu was slow.

So, I have decided to do some maintenance, dust clean and thermal paste replacing and the PS4 is running much quieter now.

I still get random stuttering, after searching on the Internet I have decided to do the Rebuild Database option.

So, I connect the controller with cable, press the power button to enter in safe mode. After enter in safe mode it asks to press the PS button on the controller. I press the PS button on the controller and I enter on the safe mode menu.

The problem is that I’m only able to select the option “7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)” all the other options are grayed out.

I have tested with other micro-usb cables some don’t work and those that work also have only the option 7 available all the others are grayed out.

Questions:

Is this a problem with the cables I’m using?

Is this because it’s disconnected from the Internet?

Since I’m using Goldhen it’s not possible to rebuild the database using the included PS4 tools?

Thanks, for the help.

ARamos
 
Hi all PS4 users,

I have my PS4 Pro on version 9.00 jailbreak with Goldhen using a Raspberry Pie Zero and it is working perfect all this time. It is disconnected from the Internet.

I have also upgraded the HDD with one 1Tb SSD that I have at home without any use.

I have beam playing without any problems, but lately when playing Horizon Zero Dawn the fan started to make a lot of noise “more than usual” and I did also start to have stuttering during game play and audio out of sync with image. Also, sometimes the PS4 menu was slow.

So, I have decided to do some maintenance, dust clean and thermal paste replacing and the PS4 is running much quieter now.

I still get random stuttering, after searching on the Internet I have decided to do the Rebuild Database option.

So, I connect the controller with cable, press the power button to enter in safe mode. After enter in safe mode it asks to press the PS button on the controller. I press the PS button on the controller and I enter on the safe mode menu.

The problem is that I’m only able to select the option “7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)” all the other options are grayed out.


Questions:

Is this a problem with the cables I’m using?

Is this because it’s disconnected from the Internet?

Since I’m using Goldhen it’s not possible to rebuild the database using the included PS4 tools?
Nop, nothing related to GoldHen, as when you enter recovery mode, the PS4 is on “retail”. Nor the cables, otherwise you wouldn’t see the option of reinstalling the software.

Rebuilding the data base shouldn’t matter for slow downs or stuttering, I think it’s more related to your SSD.

PS4 was never designed for SSD (at least internal), and people along the time get issues.

You could use it as extended storage tho.
 

Site & Scene News