Hacking Pokemon X and Y duping concept

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried doing a nand and sd backup on the eshop version of the game? If not id be willing to give it a shot.

Who would be so desperate to cheat that they would open up their console and void their warranty? Just play the game legit for a few months and then, when the transfer app comes out in December, transfer all your old hacked pokemon.

AgoraphobicNosebleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who would be so desperate to cheat that they would open up their console and void their warranty? Just play the game legit for a few months and then, when the transfer app comes out in December, transfer all your old hacked pokemon.

I just want to see if it's possible and I already have everything needed "game and nand flasher installed" but I don't want to wast my time if someone has tried it before.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just want to see if it's possible and I already have everything needed "game and nand flasher installed" but I don't want to wast my time if someone has tried it before.

Just try it by yourself, but only if your are good at soldering and if you are using a XL, otherwise I don't recommend it.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had wanted someone to try this on Animal Crossing, and I'll ask again for Pokémon.

I might test it myself once I get my 3DS back from repair if nobody else wants to.

If you have both the retail and download versions of the game, I'm envisioning:

1. Backup your save from the physical game using a save dongle
2. Use card to SD transfer tool that Nintendo provides
3. Restore your save to the cart

What would happen? In theory you'd have the same encrypted save on both, and you can play the game from your downloaded version while keeping the old save on your cartridge.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had wanted someone to try this on Animal Crossing, and I'll ask again for Pokémon.

I might test it myself once I get my 3DS back from repair if nobody else wants to.

If you have both the retail and download versions of the game, I'm envisioning:

1. Backup your save from the physical game using a save dongle
2. Use card to SD transfer tool that Nintendo provides
3. Restore your save to the cart

What would happen? In theory you'd have the same encrypted save on both, and you can play the game from your downloaded version while keeping the old save on your cartridge.

The Save Dongle's do not work with newer games like X and Y. they cannot dump the game properly in some cases and it does not flash the save back properly.
X and Y use NAND save also. no dongle works with NAND save games.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Save Dongle's do not work with newer games like X and Y. they cannot dump the game properly in some cases and it does not flash the save back properly.
X and Y use NAND save also. no dongle works with NAND save games.

And the NAND save meme goes on, like Antipiracy and encryption methods are a thing of the past.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the NAND save meme goes on, like Antipiracy and encryption methods are a thing of the past.

NAND Save meme? did I miss something here?
also, what i ment was more about the physical side of things, not encryption. encryption means nothing to a dongle as its making a 1:1 copy of the data.

I was thinking back to how normal save dumpers could not dump Heart Gold/Soul Silver properly without needing to solder in a jumper from pin6 of the cart to pin4 of the EEPROM to allow a dumper to read the save. this was before the software based solution for this came out. It may be that the only way to do a 1:1 dump on newer games that save to NAND is to dump and reflash the whole NAND via a hardware flasher similar to how people dump Wii NANDs.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NAND Save meme? did I miss something here?
also, what i ment was more about the physical side of things, not encryption. encryption means nothing to a dongle as its making a 1:1 copy of the data.

I was thinking back to how normal save dumpers could not dump Heart Gold/Soul Silver properly without needing to solder in a jumper from pin6 of the cart to pin4 of the EEPROM to allow a dumper to read the save. this was before the software based solution for this came out. It may be that the only way to do a 1:1 dump on newer games that save to NAND is to dump and reflash the whole NAND via a hardware flasher similar to how people dump Wii NANDs.

Well... AFAIK Only the eShop version saves on the NAND of the 3DS, as well as on the SD card. I said it was a meme because random people have started to claim newer games use the same NAND memory as Animal Crossing due to being unsupported on Gateway 3DS and it has become kind of a fad.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... AFAIK Only the eShop version saves on the NAND of the 3DS, as well as on the SD card. I said it was a meme because random people have started to claim newer games use the same NAND memory as Animal Crossing due to being unsupported on Gateway 3DS and it has become kind of a fad.

I was under the impression that X and Y did use NAND on the cart like Animal Crossing but nobody has opened the carts to see what they really use.

I was not referring to the 3DS's Internal NAND.

I figured if X and Y use a NAND IC on the cart, the only way to get a 1:1 dump for now would be to hook up a chip programmer and dump and reflash the data. that data will be usable as its a perfect copy of the contents. now if X and Y can detect you using an older save, that's yet to be seen. I assume it puts some files on the SD card that contain info about your current save so the game can detect an older save.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was under the impression that X and Y did use NAND on the cart like Animal Crossing but nobody has opened the carts to see what they really use.

I was not referring to the 3DS's Internal NAND.

I figured if X and Y use a NAND IC on the cart, the only way to get a 1:1 dump for now would be to hook up a chip programmer and dump and reflash the data. that data will be usable as its a perfect copy of the contents. now if X and Y can detect you using an older save, that's yet to be seen. I assume it puts some files on the SD card that contain info about your current save so the game can detect an older save.
It stores that data on the 3DS internal memory itself AFAIK, not the SD card.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? I thought the physical version stored the save file on the cartridge itself, and the eShop version stored the save file on the SD card. NAND save is not the same as using the 3DS' NAND...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wait, what? I thought the physical version stored the save file on the cartridge itself, and the eShop version stored the save file on the SD card. NAND save is not the same as using the 3DS' NAND...

Pokemon doesn't use the same NAND Memory as Animal Crossing, just to clarify...

He is for sure referring to the eShop version. There's a anti save restore method implemented for this game, so backing up both the SD and the NAND of the console is the only alternative to reuse an older save file of your game, but for sure it's not the only way to clone mons.

Reactions: Margen67

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

You can think of it as there are 2 types of NAND save protections. Where the first one uses the NAND found on a physical cart. The second NAND save protection type uses the NAND of the 3DS.

digital versions of animal crossing and pokemon use second type while game cart animal crossing uses the first type. The game cart pokemon uses the second type.

P

pasc

it's the same as wi
Tryed, not working sadly.

Saying This save is not coresponding to your last gaming session. Impossible to use this data.
4UVBA.jpg

Its the same as with animal crossing.

You have to use the SD-Card Backup from the time you made the nand backup.

It checks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__