kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was interested until the second I saw Ash in it. Sometimes I feel the pokemon movie characters could carry the movie on their own but along the way the have to paste Ash into the story because things should be by the numbers. I remember watching the power of us on netflix some months ago and it actually felt half decent but Ash kept ruining it for me. The characters and motivations were basic but compelling and if you removed Ash from it nothing would be lost, at all. The plot could've been resolved by the other characters, it almost felt like the story was halfway or already done when an executive asked "where is Ash and Pikachu?".

Feels bad man, I grew up with the first gen and just seeing Ash as this static, unmoving, immortal 10y/o feels wrong. I don't mind the fact that's a kid's show, that's a given. I just want a proper sendoff and replacement of Ash, many other children anime do it. Nothing would be lost if you replace Ash with another protagonist since he never changes, he will forever remain 10. Wouldn't it be nice if by Jhoto they changed characters and the world of pokemon kept moving? Like at this point Ash could be a 30 something legendary pokemon trainer the current generation of protagonists could look up to. That way you bridge older and newer fans. Heck even Team Rocket could be doing something else with their lives, maybe have cameos doing odd jobs here and there in the background.

But oh well, too late for that, just some wishful thinking. Hopefully the movie will be good or at least entertaining.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was interested until the second I saw Ash in it. Sometimes I feel the pokemon movie characters could carry the movie on their own but along the way the have to paste Ash into the story because things should be by the numbers. I remember watching the power of us on netflix some months ago and it actually felt half decent but Ash kept ruining it for me. The characters and motivations were basic but compelling and if you removed Ash from it nothing would be lost, at all. The plot could've been resolved by the other characters, it almost felt like the story was halfway or already done when an executive asked "where is Ash and Pikachu?".

Feels bad man, I grew up with the first gen and just seeing Ash as this static, unmoving, immortal 10y/o feels wrong. I don't mind the fact that's a kid's show, that's a given. I just want a proper sendoff and replacement of Ash, many other children anime do it. Nothing would be lost if you replace Ash with another protagonist since he never changes, he will forever remain 10. Wouldn't it be nice if by Jhoto they changed characters and the world of pokemon kept moving? Like at this point Ash could be a 30 something legendary pokemon trainer the current generation of protagonists could look up to. That way you bridge older and newer fans. Heck even Team Rocket could be doing something else with their lives, maybe have cameos doing odd jobs here and there in the background.

But oh well, too late for that, just some wishful thinking. Hopefully the movie will be good or at least entertaining.
Most of the movie characters are boring. The only remotely interesting movie character I can think of is Sir Aaron from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Even if we just talk about the new movies, The Power of Us was really boring, but imagine how much worse it would've been if it focused on Risa exclusively.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol tell me about it.

With the limited time I have, I exclusively play pokemon games.
But these movies are awful. So is the anime.
The anime varies heavily but it’s kinda decent sometimes. (It’s probably gotten better each season in terms of the average.) The new anime looks to be pretty good.
The movies are almost always asscheeks tho with like three exceptions.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Coco! I choose you!

HSMAa7q.png

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I generally like the Pokemon movies, but I haven't watched any since movie 14 or movie 15. Still intending to catch up on them at some point. They're sure as hell a lot better than the show.
How many-eth Pokemon movie is this?
Reshiram and Zekrom were all the way back in Movie 14 so it must be at 20 something by now.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: DinohScene

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looked interesting to me at first, something like the junglebook or Tarzan in a Pokemon World? Cool I am in. *Ash shows up* Cool, I am out now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over