Gaming Pokemon Switch rumored to be "Reboot"

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've put a lot of thought into this kind of DLC expansion framework. The best thing I could come up with is that you start in a region exclusive to the Switch, this is for training and tutorial purposes. Then, DLC drops in the form of entire regions and new Pokémon. When you move to that region you have the option of free play or taking the local Pokémon League challenge. If you decide to take the challenge, you are only allowed to use Pokémon caught or hatched in that region. This allows the levels to reset in that area (this keeps the level cap at 100 which is important because moves and evolutions are heavily based on the level) while preventing you from steamrolling the story/league with OP Pokémon. Once you beat the E4 and become champion, the restriction is removed. The Pokémon that you're not allowed to use are stored in your bank and can still be accessed from Day Cares for breeding purposes or for trading. If you are traded an 'out of region' Pokémon, it goes straight to your bank. You can always take a break from your league challenge and return to a previous region and have access to all your Pokémon. So if you don't like a particular region or DLC, you can just stop playing it and move to a different one. Thoughts?
and what would be the price of entire regions dlc? since making basicaly an entire pokemon game with new pokemons is worth full retail price, i dont see many people wanting to pay 60$ for dlc imo and they cant make an entire region with story gyms and leagues and sell it for 20$ that would just make them loose money over releasing a new game interely.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, IMO, I think Black and White were a reboot since it had only new pokemon
But when they saw that the reboot was a faillure, they decided to bring back old pokemon in Black2 and White2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, IMO, I think Black and White were a reboot since it had only new pokemon
But when they saw that the reboot was a faillure, they decided to bring back old pokemon in Black2 and White2
Another point about B/W being reboot
In case you havent noticed, with B/W, Nintendo stopped releasing "Super version", you know, like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and the expected Gray for B/W

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see this game be pixelated once again (Never going to happen).

It would allow for more space on the cartridge, thus giving us a much more massive game. I'm going to be honest, I hate the new 3D aspect to this franchise.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would love to see this game be pixelated once again (Never going to happen).

It would allow for more space on the cartridge, thus giving us a much more massive game. I'm going to be honest, I hate the new 3D aspect to this franchise.
really? you hate it?
I mean, I loved the pixelated games, since I grew with them, but I do love 3d as well
do you really hate pokemon 3d or you just like it less than pixel version?

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://twitter.com/JynxClub/status/971753072945905664

So my question is, what kinda reboot are we talking about? Are we talking like hard reset gen1 kanto only? Cause at this point (preparing for the beating i'm going to receive), the franchise DOES feel stale. This is something that would definitely get me reinterested.
IF THE NEW POKEMON GAME IS A REBOOT WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER 3 VERSIONS OF A GAME THAT ALREADY HAS 3 VERSIONS

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont think Pokemon is coming this year. To re-do all the assets in 3D AND higher res is going to take gamefreak ages.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IF THE NEW POKEMON GAME IS A REBOOT WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER 3 VERSIONS OF A GAME THAT ALREADY HAS 3 VERSIONS
Would love Kanto remake tbh
Personally, I'd hope for a bigger Pokemon project

It would be a real 3d rpg, not cheapy 3d like on 3ds
you would start in kanto region, and explore the map and catch pokemon and whatever you normally do in a pokemon game
but in this reboot, it will be Open World
if you stay on roads, you will follow the main storyline and you will mainly figth trainers.
but if you get in the woods, in caves, etc, youll get Pokémon encounter more often, and find NPC who will give you secondary mission.
Of course, there will still be 8 badges, but I'd also like to see other kind of badge/trophy
Like a Gym specially for Fighting Pokemon type, you know? Optional gym...

Also, months or a year after the release of this game, Ninty will release the Jotho expansion, and with the S.S.AQUA, you will be able to travel to Jotho region, with all the same gameplay I mentionned above.
Same with Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and maybe even Alola :)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I'd hope for a bigger Pokemon project

It would be a real 3d rpg, not cheapy 3d like on 3ds
you would start in kanto region, and explore the map and catch pokemon and whatever you normally do in a pokemon game
but in this reboot, it will be Open World
if you stay on roads, you will follow the main storyline and you will mainly figth trainers.
but if you get in the woods, in caves, etc, youll get Pokémon encounter more often, and find NPC who will give you secondary mission.
Of course, there will still be 8 badges, but I'd also like to see other kind of badge/trophy
Like a Gym specially for Fighting Pokemon type, you know? Optional gym...

Also, months or a year after the release of this game, Ninty will release the Jotho expansion, and with the S.S.AQUA, you will be able to travel to Jotho region, with all the same gameplay I mentionned above.
Same with Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and maybe even Alola :)

Why in gods name would Nintnedo ever release a Pokemon expansion when they can just release a new game in 1-2 years time and charge full RRP? (aka their model for pokemon since the dawn of time)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why in gods name would Nintnedo ever release a Pokemon expansion when they can just release a new game in 1-2 years time and charge full RRP? (aka their model for pokemon since the dawn of time)
not sure to understand what you mean :S

Deathscreton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You act like companies don't change direction or adapt to a growing market.

I mean, just htink about it. What makes more money? One to two games in 4 years with a 40-60 dollar price tag? Or a game that continues to have content and DLC released for it? why do you think WoW, Destiny and other games of that type are so popular? If Gamefreak took the same concept and DID IT RIGHT, they'd be rolling in fucking money.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I mean, just htink about it. What makes more money? One to two games in 4 years with a 40-60 dollar price tag? Or a game that continues to have content and DLC released for it? why do you think WoW, Destiny and other games of that type are so popular? If Gamefreak took the same concept and DID IT RIGHT, they'd be rolling in fucking money.
so you agree with my idea? :)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country

Definitely their current model of releasing a game every couple of years, as opposed to DLC. They could DEFINITELY do with releasing DLC, which will be eaten up. But to offer so much content as a whole new region? That would be silly. They can get away with small drops of content like BOTW.

Otherwise games like FIFA and COD would have adopted the model a long time ago.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
people expect way too much, pokemon will never ge a open world mmo lol thats not what nintendo does really, that would require servers and monthly payments, and most of the comunity would just ditch that in no time.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people expect way too much, pokemon will never ge a open world mmo lol thats not what nintendo does really, that would require servers and monthly payments, and most of the comunity would just ditch that in no time.
first I never talked about mmo
secondly, your argument might be right, but I noticed that typo in your comment ;)

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
As someone who's last pokemon game was Black, I'd welcome a reboot starting again from kanto. Everybody wants a 3D open world pokemon game, hence the existence of projects like this.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION:
There are enough pokemon and regions. Stop adding more, this is getting way to convoluted for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1