Pokemon Soul Silver Script

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kafke, Oct 1, 2009.

Oct 1, 2009

Pokemon Soul Silver Script by Kafke at 3:24 AM (3,888 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Kafke
    OP

Member Kafke GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have started transferring the script Poketext ripped from SS to Google docs. I have made room for translations and notes. Whether Gbatemp wants to make a public translation, or just to see what Watarukun and Kazo have to go through. Currently I have up to "File ID 50".

This is for:
    *People who want to translate but can't (poketext cant rip, or w/e).
    *People who want to see the japanese text
    *Taking notes on the script (Like game help or something [​IMG] )
    *Quotes

Enjoy.

I'll probably put some more pages up later.

Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj...VDQ3c&hl=en

2. dartdude6

Member dartdude6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm happy someone finally decided to put the script in Google Docs. Hopefully now people can finally just agree to do a public translation rather than solo translation projects. I appreciate what translators like KazoWAR and WataruKun are doing, but it seems like the patches are gonna take a few months for translation, while the US release is in the spring. I think that a public translation will just speed up the translation process. Who knows? If different GBATemp /Pokecommunity/Project Pokemon members were assigned to different script files, maybe a full translation could be finished before December! I'm trying to be optimistic here, but if there are enough translators I could see it happening quickly. I mean there's a reason Watarukun's thread has over 100 pages now. People want a full translation. The quicker there's a full translation, the quicker many spammers will go away. [​IMG]

3. Zoned87

Newcomer Zoned87 Member

United States
    A public translation would be alot better than all these people working solo you are right.

I was really looking forward to the papermagician patch and very sad it hasn't came out yet.

4. Mana94

Member Mana94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Goodness, why can't you people wait. It's just pokemon, a game supposed to be fun for kids.
    Yet we have people 14+ breaking their neck to translate a game that will be comming out early next year!

I am not being negative but seriously...how many do you guys plan on doing? Plus, why is it so popular, it's just like diamond/platinum but in a different region.

5. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Have you ever played Gold, Silver, or Crystal? If not I'm sure thats why you wont understand the popularity. Also all these people working on it are doing it in their spare time, so if they wanna use their time and break their necks doing it more power to em XD

6. ozling

Newcomer ozling Member

Australia
    We are living in a modern world where 'instant gratification' rules. Pokemon HG/SS sold over 1.5 million copies in its opening weekend in Japan alone (and sold out in many shops), and Pokemon Platinum had over 23 million copies in worldwide sales to date - that's more than the enitre population of Australia. One could argue that Platinum is just Diamond/Pearl with small changes.

7. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    >_> cause it is?

8. Kafke
    OP

Member Kafke GBAtemp Fan

United States
    [​IMG] This isn't only for translating btw. It's really just for anything script related. Whether it's just for hacking the script, or notes on a specific section. But yea, seriously, the game comes out next spring. Translations are nice, and I appreciate them, but more than 1 or 2 is too many.