ROM Hack Pokemon Soul Silver Script

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have started transferring the script Poketext ripped from SS to Google docs. I have made room for translations and notes. Whether Gbatemp wants to make a public translation, or just to see what Watarukun and Kazo have to go through. Currently I have up to "File ID 50".

This is for:
*People who want to translate but can't (poketext cant rip, or w/e).
*People who want to see the japanese text
*Taking notes on the script (Like game help or something
rolleyes.gif
)
*Quotes

Enjoy.

I'll probably put some more pages up later.

Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj...VDQ3c&hl=en

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kafke said:
I have started transferring the script Poketext ripped from SS to Google docs. I have made room for translations and notes. Whether Gbatemp wants to make a public translation, or just to see what Watarukun and Kazo have to go through. Currently I have up to "File ID 50".

This is for:
*People who want to translate but can't (poketext cant rip, or w/e).
*People who want to see the japanese text
*Taking notes on the script (Like game help or something
rolleyes.gif
)
*Quotes

Enjoy.

I'll probably put some more pages up later.

Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj...VDQ3c&hl=en
I'm happy someone finally decided to put the script in Google Docs. Hopefully now people can finally just agree to do a public translation rather than solo translation projects. I appreciate what translators like KazoWAR and WataruKun are doing, but it seems like the patches are gonna take a few months for translation, while the US release is in the spring. I think that a public translation will just speed up the translation process. Who knows? If different GBATemp /Pokecommunity/Project Pokemon members were assigned to different script files, maybe a full translation could be finished before December! I'm trying to be optimistic here, but if there are enough translators I could see it happening quickly. I mean there's a reason Watarukun's thread has over 100 pages now. People want a full translation. The quicker there's a full translation, the quicker many spammers will go away.
laugh.gif

Zoned87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A public translation would be alot better than all these people working solo you are right.

I was really looking forward to the papermagician patch and very sad it hasn't came out yet.

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goodness, why can't you people wait. It's just pokemon, a game supposed to be fun for kids.
Yet we have people 14+ breaking their neck to translate a game that will be comming out early next year!

I am not being negative but seriously...how many do you guys plan on doing? Plus, why is it so popular, it's just like diamond/platinum but in a different region.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:
Goodness, why can't you people wait. It's just pokemon, a game supposed to be fun for kids.
Yet we have people 14+ breaking their neck to translate a game that will be comming out early next year!

I am not being negative but seriously...how many do you guys plan on doing? Plus, why is it so popular, it's just like diamond/platinum but in a different region.

Have you ever played Gold, Silver, or Crystal? If not I'm sure thats why you wont understand the popularity. Also all these people working on it are doing it in their spare time, so if they wanna use their time and break their necks doing it more power to em XD

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Mana94 said:

Bragging rights and reputation for one.

QUOTEPlus, why is it so popular, it's just like diamond/platinum but in a different region.

We are living in a modern world where 'instant gratification' rules. Pokemon HG/SS sold over 1.5 million copies in its opening weekend in Japan alone (and sold out in many shops), and Pokemon Platinum had over 23 million copies in worldwide sales to date - that's more than the enitre population of Australia. One could argue that Platinum is just Diamond/Pearl with small changes.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif
This isn't only for translating btw. It's really just for anything script related. Whether it's just for hacking the script, or notes on a specific section. But yea, seriously, the game comes out next spring. Translations are nice, and I appreciate them, but more than 1 or 2 is too many.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw