ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Ereht

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray, I love this Hack. This is amazing work! But i kinda need help with something. I have the plates and all the pokemon (which took soooo long) but the Arcues event won't work :(

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dray, you should give Red one of his Pokemon Stadium 2 teams in the rematch/gauntlet whatever you call it battle that takes place in Saffron, except replace one of the Pokemon with Pikachu for his staple

His Pokemon Stadium 2 teams are
R1: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typholshion, Joteon, Scizor, Tauros
R2: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Dragonite, Snorlax, Espeon

Ryona

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly I'd like to say, thank you SO much for this. So far, this is one of the best ROM hacks it's ever been my pleasure to play.

Getting the original HG/SS games to work was hopeless, but so far, I've had absolutely no problems with this, save for one thing. When I used the orb thing to evolve my female Eevee into Espeon, for some reason it's gender changed to male... honestly I couldn't figure out why this happened, and I tried resetting it multiple times and evolving the Eevee again, but each time it turned male. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, though thankfully it was easily fixed with Pokesav, I just changed Espeon's gender back to female.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Firstly I'd like to say, thank you SO much for this. So far, this is one of the best ROM hacks it's ever been my pleasure to play.

Getting the original HG/SS games to work was hopeless, but so far, I've had absolutely no problems with this, save for one thing. When I used the orb thing to evolve my female Eevee into Espeon, for some reason it's gender changed to male... honestly I couldn't figure out why this happened, and I tried resetting it multiple times and evolving the Eevee again, but each time it turned male. Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, though thankfully it was easily fixed with Pokesav, I just changed Espeon's gender back to female.

This is because the ratio of Espeon being a female is 12.5%.

Ryona

Trophies
XP
Country
But a Pokemon's gender isn't supposed to change when it evolves, is it? That's very strange.

I also edited the ROM data to make Pokemon gender ratios a lot more equal (because 7 males for every 1 female is simply ridiculous and annoying. I do this with every ROM I download) I made Eevee and all of the Eeveelutions equally 50/50 male and a female...

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
As I remember, it can be.

from Bulbapedia, the same thing can be applied to Eevee

Since Azurill has a different gender ratio than Marill and Azumarill, one in three female Azurill will be male after evolving into Marill, dependent on the personality value of the Azurill in question.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah Dray, there is a code for it, you just have to manually add it to the .dat file.
Ah, yeah, I found it. Shame there's no instant message code that works :/
Hey Dray, I love this Hack. This is amazing work! But i kinda need help with something. I have the plates and all the pokemon (which took soooo long) but the Arcues event won't work :(
That's odd... so you're going on the centre of the Mystri Stage and the event doesn't activate? Can you tell me what message it says when you try to get the event to activate?
General points I can make: make sure you have all 16 plates for sure, and you obtained all Pokémon within SGSS itself (there's a couple such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys that you HAVE to have caught in the game itself).

Dray, you should give Red one of his Pokemon Stadium 2 teams in the rematch/gauntlet whatever you call it battle that takes place in Saffron, except replace one of the Pokemon with Pikachu for his staple

His Pokemon Stadium 2 teams are
R1: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typholshion, Joteon, Scizor, Tauros
R2: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Dragonite, Snorlax, Espeon
Mm, I was thinking of giving one of those a whirl. Good idea imo.

Thanks. :3

That is weird, although if you changed the gender ratios then I would assume it's something to do with that. Although, I would've expected the genders to match anyway if you changed both, unless you edited the gender ratios after catching Eevee. I don't think it's my problem, though o-o

G_Sylar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know if this can be done, but have you ever thought that when it rains in battle rock and fire pkmn should loose hp (and water/ice types with strong sun too) a la sandstorm's effects? It would be something new.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume that'd need ASM hacking or something, so it's a bit beyond me atm. That said, rain's already pretty strong as it is, it probably doesn't need another boost :X
If anything needs a boost, it's Hail imo.

Reactions: 1 person

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I don't know why but it freezes on me quite often. I'm using Wood R4 1.49 and when it crashed enough times I even tried AP codes, and even then it still crashes once in a while.

Any help? :s

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It should work perfectly on Wood R4, so that is weird... I don't think I know the problem :/ Are you using any cheat codes with the game? It's possible one of them could be causing a crash.

And no problem!

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I don't know why but it freezes on me quite often. I'm using Wood R4 1.49 and when it crashed enough times I even tried AP codes, and even then it still crashes once in a while.

You're either using certain codes that freeze the game (like fast processing for one), your SD card isn't formatted, or you have a bad dump

Cerberus87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But a Pokemon's gender isn't supposed to change when it evolves, is it? That's very strange.

I also edited the ROM data to make Pokemon gender ratios a lot more equal (because 7 males for every 1 female is simply ridiculous and annoying. I do this with every ROM I download) I made Eevee and all of the Eeveelutions equally 50/50 male and a female...

You need to change Espeon's gender rate as well, otherwise you may end up with a male Espeon when you evolve Eevee.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're either using certain codes that freeze the game (like fast processing for one), your SD card isn't formatted, or you have a bad dump
.... Oh.... That... might be it.

Shinoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

.... Oh.... That... might be it.
Yup, it's the fast processing that freezes it. I also use Wood, and whenever I have fast processing activated, it freezes around every 5-10 minutes. So I'll just turn it off.

Reactions: 1 person

AlekaiMartin

Trophies
XP
Hello I am having a problem I defeated chuck I took the medicine to olivine then got a phone call stating the safari Zone was open.

I saw this was mentioned before but I guess I am meant to fight 2 guys with Riley and it just says stand by me.

This is outside the safari zone building and also all the people fro the safari zone are here is Riley and the rocket members not supposed to be here :/ Am I missing something

A friend has not had any problems with this at all

also I also had the ecruteak girl problem

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Every time i attempt to battle pryce it goes to his monologue and his picture then the screen turns white and stays white. Any help?
First time I've heard of that problem... I don't think I can help with that. :x
Hello I am having a problem I defeated chuck I took the medicine to olivine then got a phone call stating the safari Zone was open.

I saw this was mentioned before but I guess I am meant to fight 2 guys with Riley and it just says stand by me.

This is outside the safari zone building and also all the people fro the safari zone are here is Riley and the rocket members not supposed to be here :/ Am I missing something

A friend has not had any problems with this at all

also I also had the ecruteak girl problem
This is a problem with flags that occured in the first version now and then; if your version is high enough (1.03+) then there should be someone in Olivine's Pokemon Center who can fix it. Otherwise, you'll need to upgrade.
---
I present to you guys another one of my insane ideas; what is your opinion on having Kanto BEFORE you battle the Elite Four for the first time?

I was thinking it'd be a redirection thing; after you get to the gatehouse from Routes 27/26, you instead turn right, collect another eight badges and then return from the first round E4.

The result might make Kanto more fun since there's more of a point to it, but there's also a potential issue with the levels since I'd have to cut things down a fair bit to stop things getting too ridiculous. At least, I think? Potentially not... I dunno, but yeah. What do you guys think?

Oh, and I don't think it'd have too much of an effect on development time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    bleh
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    What the hell was that Syl?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'm writing an essay about a poem (i had to) and i chose one about death, so i decided i'd drop that one hotline miami quote in it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."?
    +2
    👀 Where?! 👀 Where!?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, That was hell.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is
    iu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Our weather is crazy here in Ohio, was 90 last week, now its in the 60's, 45 at night.
    +1
    mmmAbout the same here. Under cloud cover at the moment
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys probably wearing winter jackets when in 60's in Cali.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet