ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Takren7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this may even be better than the original game itself. I was always a fan of Drayano's ROM edits, but this has got to be the best one. The modified story is absolutely wonderful. Of course, I do admit that I found myself going bonkers after a bunch of my opponent's pokemon managed to use Toxic or Sleep Powder on all of my pokemon in the beginning... until I found those 440 Full Heals... :) Now I see what those were for! Plus, I absolutely LOVE being underleveled against every other trainer! It really forces me to build a really balanced team and actually forces me to try.
But holy F*@#, I was mindblown when Giovanni popped up right after Archer.. that was an amazing storyline edit.

:EDIT: Also, I LOVE the fact that some pokemon have had their stats boosted a little bit. Pidgeot has a little bit more HP and Attack, and it also learns Close Combat. It's brilliant! I've always loved Pidgeot, but the game never gave it the stats it deserved (but then again, that's not very surprising, and Pikachu is a perfect example).

I think the original producers (GF) should take some notes!
Also... to address some common bugs...

im having a couple bug issues

the first one happened twice
upon entering violet city and doing the quiz for charmander then checking its stats i go back and the sprites are gone and the top screen goes black
the same thing happened after i beat the first trainer in pryces gym

the second one came at the rocket hideout in mahogany after having to start the hideout all over again i used the walk through walls code to get to the part at the electrodes however when i interacted with them my rom froze. then when i decided to leave it alone and go look for pokemon the game froze again anytime i would be about to encounter a pokemon

any ideas/tips
In any situation where any of the following occur:
1. Sprites disappear
2. Sprites look glitchy/discolored/etc.
3. Your top screen goes black
4. Any discoloration of objects.
5. These are the only problems I am aware of. There may be more.

The solution is to do an in-game save. Yes, that means you have to open the Start menu (X) and save the game. SAVING STATES will NOT help get rid of this problem, only repeat it (this may be useful in case you save your game at a bad point). You must save your game.
So do an in-game save, but make a save state.

Then, reset the game. (If you're using an emulator, you can reset from the top menu instead of closing and opening the emulator.) Once the game loads, the glitchy colors/sprites/etc. should be gone. If the glitchy colors and whatnot are gone, you can start using save states again (and replace the save state you made before saving, so you don't repeat the problem.

The glitchy colors/sprites/black top screen occurs when you run the game on just save states for too long. That's why it is helpful to save the game every now and then in order to keep the game updated and glitch-free. You can still use save states. I always use save states, until the problem occurs again. Then, I'll do an in-game save, reset, and then resume the game with save states.

Also, remember to turn off the instant messages cheat if you're on Desmume when you reset.

What answers should I choose in order to receive the Extremespeed Dragonair? I picked what I thought were "compassionate" responses, and he didn't offer me a Pokemon at all. >_<

Also, who gives you Rotom? I have the 8th gym badge, and I still haven't received it from anyone.

For the Dragonair, you just have to climb up the ladder in the Dragon's Den and then climb back down and then go talk to the elder with an empty slot in your party. Then he should give you the Dragonair. Here are the answers you need to guarantee the Extremespeed move:

Q1. What are Pokemon to you?
A1: Pal/Friend

Q2: What helps you to win battles?
A2: Strategy/Raising

Q3: What kind of trainers do you wish to battle?
A3: Anybody

A4: What is the most important thing for raising Pokemon?
Q4: Love/Knowledge

Q5: Strong Pokemon, Weak Pokemon. Which is more important?
A5: Both

Although, I think you're guaranteed an Extremespeed Dragonair regardless of the answers you choose, as long as you pass. I'm not quite sure about that, but I do know that I chose "Tough" for Question 3, and I still got an Extremespeed Dragonair.

Thank you very much!

EmpError

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Do you know an auto-touch (or somethin similar) AR code to Dowsing mchn?
And an other to skip the irrelevant phone-calls?

both are rly annoying :)

Monochrome Twist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v.1.05 is a good hack so far. Only one bug to report, the GB Sounds bugged out for me during the Radio Tower incident with Team Rocket. The classic music and the modern music would overlap one another, and if you left the GB Sounds on the music would cut off completely eventually. Not sure if this has been reported yet or not.

Just beat the Elite 4 pretty convincingly on my first try, and Lance was a bit too easy in my experience. I beat most of his team with Avalanche as a Level 57 Feraligatr and Stone Edge as a Level 57 Tyranitar.

Drayano, maybe bump up the Elite 4 levels some to add to the difficulty that was in the game up to that point? ;)

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Help me!! the xdelta gui doesn't work for me!! This is what I do-
Opened x delta gui
in the patch tab, i select the location of the stormsilver patch
Then i mention the location of the rom(i am using soulsilver (U) clean rom)
and then i press patch and nothing happens!?
Can anyone suggest some workaround or correct what i am doing wrong ?
:(

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help me!! the xdelta gui doesn't work for me!! This is what I do-
Opened x delta gui
in the patch tab, i select the location of the stormsilver patch
Then i mention the location of the rom(i am using soulsilver (U) clean rom)
and then i press patch and nothing happens!?
Can anyone suggest some workaround or correct what i am doing wrong ?
:(

After you press "Apply Patch," you're supposed to see the patched rom (ex. soulsilver (U).nds --> soulsilver (U)_patched.nds in the same folder where the x delta gui is in. Keep in mind that it may take a few seconds for the patch to complete. So make sure to check the same folder where the xdeltagui.exe is located in.

Also, make sure that your rom is really a clean, unpatched rom.

If you've already tried that, then perhaps there is a problem in OS compatibility or something? If you're running Windows 7, try running xdeltagui.exe as an administrator.
Or perhaps your anti-virus program is silently blocking the program from running properly?
Could you provide some details if you still have the problem?

Do you know an auto-touch (or somethin similar) AR code to Dowsing mchn?
And an other to skip the irrelevant phone-calls?

both are rly annoying :)

Here's an AR code to stop all unnecessary calls from trainers and from your mother:

92251F46 000068A9
12251F46 00002100
D2000000 00000000

You will still be able to receive calls that are required for the storyline (since you're required to take them,) even with this code on.
I just hate that my mom calls me every other minute, and when you have trainers' numbers, they get quite annoying as well. I just don't let any trainers get my number since I can just rematch the gym leaders.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you've already tried that, then perhaps there is a problem in OS compatibility or something? If you're running Windows 7, try running xdeltagui.exe as an administrator.
Or perhaps your anti-virus program is silently blocking the program from running properly?
I tried as you said. gave the patcher 10 min but nothing happened !
I ran it in admin mode still nothing happened!

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried as you said. gave the patcher 10 min but nothing happened !
I ran it in admin mode still nothing happened!

Its in another folder, check at least two or three folders backwards, If you cannot find it use the Search feature built into windows.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
nope ....not even a sign of it!
Anyway i made a .xdelta patch of it (by reverse engineering the storm silver 1.5 rom by drayano )and now it patches perfectly fine with the xdelta patcher (not the gui one supplied) which uses .xdelta files

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Found a bug, but I kinda liked it =P

In SG, in the Whitney Gym battle attract doesn't effect me, and her Pokémon kept using attract.

Your Pokemon probably had the ability Oblivious if it was male then? xD
Because it works fine.

Nope, unless my Quilava apparently has a secret ability...

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Dray hasn't found a specific spot where the game crashes near the safari zone, it always crashes for me after the 2nd rocket double battle, does anyone else get this crash at this point?

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If Dray hasn't found a specific spot where the game crashes near the safari zone, it always crashes for me after the 2nd rocket double battle, does anyone else get this crash at this point?
Not for me, for me it crashes randomly before or after a fight, wild battles not included.

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do AR codes for the original hg/ss work with the hacked sg/ss?

For the most part, yes. I use Desmume and I just copied my .dct file from Pokemon HeartGold and pasted it in a new folder for Pokemon Sacred Gold, and renamed it from pokemon heartgold.dct to pokemon sacred gold.dct. Keep in mind that ROM edits are just ROM edits. They do not actually change the type of game you're playing (Pokemon Sacred Gold is still Pokemon Heartgold, just with a patch on top of it. That's why English translations of Japanese roms still use Japanese AR codes, and not US codes).

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
do AR codes for the original hg/ss work with the hacked sg/ss?

For the most part, yes. I use Desmume and I just copied my .dct file from Pokemon HeartGold and pasted it in a new folder for Pokemon Sacred Gold, and renamed it from pokemon heartgold.dct to pokemon sacred gold.dct. Keep in mind that ROM edits are just ROM edits. They do not actually change the type of game you're playing (Pokemon Sacred Gold is still Pokemon Heartgold, just with a patch on top of it. That's why English translations of Japanese roms still use Japanese AR codes, and not US codes).

thanks I get it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol