ROM Hack Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Edition

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed something about the "starter route". (ie the one right after Sandgem)

Is it just me, or do SOME starters only appear there? So far, I've only seen: Charmander, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Mudkip, Treeko and Turtwig. As you can see, some are missing. I've been here for HOURS now and I've only seen those. The others aren't even in my dex (save the ones I see in trainer battles). Is there something I'm doing wrong? =/

Off-topic, but am I the only one who forgets to save occasionally? LOL, I just lost approximately half an hour of progress because I felt sleepy and turned the DS off. T.T

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It took me a few hours, but I finally caught all twelve starters on Route 202.
I did not catch a Treeko until after I had my first badge.
Go back and run around some more! Maybe try a different time of day?

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Jaffah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm how the hell am I supposed to kill the 2nd pokemon of the Hearthrome Gym? And btw is it just me that freezes during the normal pokemon contest for cool?

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YottaByte said:
I noticed that some Pokemon are very rare... for example I found a weepingbell outside the Vally Windworks building (The huge patch of grass to the left of the building) and I killed it by accident, I spent a good 1-2 hours looking for another one, I couldn't find one again. I don't know if it was a glitch or what since I haven't encountered even a bellsprout there. Well I definitely found one there cause it's in my Pokedex data and everything.

Yes, Weepinbell can be found there (at Lv.12), but it's located in the lowest percentage encounter box in the encdata.narc file (the same box where the legendaries are placed), so it has as much chance to show up as a legendary would (that is, if the legendary is supposed to appear there).

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oguzhan said:
Where can i find regice regsteel and the other one :s.

Well, I haven't been that far yet, but one NPC in Hearthome mentions that a rock-type Pokemon lurks in Mt. Coronet. I assume it's Regirock. As for WHERE in Mt. Coronet... Good luck searching.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A+ Hack. I love the text changes.

I haven't gotten very far, actually (Girl just showed me how to catch a pokemon.)

But the text changes make this game all the more worth while.

Oh. And getting a dratini as a starter isn''t half bad, either.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oguzhan said:
Where can i find regice regsteel and the other one :s.

Regirock - Mt. Coronet Tunnel (Lv.40)
Registeel - Mt. Coronet Route 216 Entrance (Lv.48)
Regice - Route 216 (Lv.48)
And as for Regigigas...there doesn't seem to be any encounter data on it at all. Maybe the same way you find it in Platinum?

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Great Hack, Lots of fun. Thanks!

But just one question. The whole deal with the national dex and pokesav? how does that work? do u need to use pokesav to gain the national dex? or is that one reason but there are also others? any help is appreciated.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
National Dex is obtained through Pokesav so you can start registering the National Dex Pokemon that now fill the routes. So instead of waiting until you see every Sinnoh Pokemon, you may begin filling your National Dex.

Daimones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request for this, and it may be impossible, well no hack is impossible...but it may not be worth your time, but I'll ask anyway. =)

I was wondering if there would be a way to speed the game up at all, the battles that is, make attacks slightly faster, or remove all animations or something? I have always been interested in pokemon, and always try each one that comes out. The problem is that I always get bored in no time because I feel the battle system is way to slow, and the game too easy. I like the idea that you increased the challenge in this, but was wondering if you could help me see what everyone else does in pokemon by speeding it up.

Either way, sounds like a great hack, I'm definitely going to give it a shot, but I will await your response first. I have much respect for rom hackers, I wish I could do what you do, but I'll stick to hardware =)

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ive been following this thread since it was made and i noticed that no one has a complaint towards the hack

@ wolfsclaw iwould like to see more hacks made by u....really nice work with the changes uve made

if any one needs help then pm me
i finished the game so i think i probably no where to catch which pokemon
dont know all of them tho

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I may have found a slight snag in making that guide. I don't think that WPEDS is completely able to accurately read the encounter data from Platinum. It's reading nearly 50 locations from Turnback Cave. I assume all these locations are actually in the Distortion World.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xvolution said:
I may have found a slight snag in making that guide. I don't think that WPEDS is completely able to accurately read the encounter data from Platinum. It's reading nearly 50 locations from Turnback Cave. I assume all these locations are actually in the Distortion World.

there are no wild encounters in the distortion world; but there are in fact a few (five or so) areas in Platinum which are not recognized by wpeds.

I think the locations of turnback cave are accurate. The cave is pretty damn huge, but just doesn't feel like it, because it's a riddle and you can get to giratina with going through like two or three areas if you're lucky enough.

Sorry guys, i can not keep up with all the requests/questions etc. that are asked here or via PM. But I guess i'll release 1.3 soon (you can warp to beta areas with it
smile.gif
)

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Went through all the Turnback Cave locations...most of them are repeats (as in having the same encounter data).

There are only seven actual locations (one between Entrance and 1st Pillar Chamber, four between 1st and 2nd Pillar Chamber and two between 2nd and 3rd Pillar Chamber). The remaining 40 are repeats.

Add-on: When you release 1.3, could you PM me a list of areas where Pokemon encounters have changed (if any)? I'd hate to have to redo the guide from scratch after each update
frown.gif

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes they are repeats, but it doesn't mean that they could not be individual maps, although they can all look the same.

I have changed a few encounters on rt. 202, i don't think on any others. You can easily compare the changes (if there are going to be more; rather unlikely for now) if you load up wpeds twice and then load the narc file from 1.2 into the one and the narc from 1.3 into the other one, and then skim through the list with an observing eye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff