xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might take up that request to make the pokemon encounter list, but I have a question first:

When I opened the extracted pl_enc_data.narc file, I noticed that under each category (times the pokemon can be found in that location) a single pokemon can take up multiple boxes. So does each box represent a percentage chance of that pokemon appearing in that location, and a pokemon taking up multiple boxes increases its chances of appearing? I'm thinking one box = 5% chance of the pokemon appearing.

Also..Lv.80 Celebi...Lv.85 Groudon...Lv.90 Deoxys...Lv.95 Arceus @_@
Catching those is going to be a pain.

-Demon-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I've been playing for a while and I'll say it once again: awesome job
gbasp.gif

The national pokedex is the only thing who'd make this hack even better

Haven't seen any of the legendaries, though

Azereus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just started playing the game right now and let me just say that it's amazing! I love the writing Wolfsclaw, it's hilarious. Thanks for making an already awesome game even more awesome!

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i got to get the enchanced verison to work after doing thr dstt way because i keep getting the white screen on my r4..
But how do i use cheats?

EDIT: Savlib? and other stuff? anyone?

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some suggestions.

change the trainer music back- we don't need to have it modified because there are gameshark cheats for that- the trim thing is no exuse either.

have Cyius at the battleground... somehow.

damn.. drawing a blank for now.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a level 30 Mewtwo in Mt. Coronet (spelled right?), is that a bug or are you supposed to find him there?

So far this version has been much more fun than the original game, so thanks!

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rauthelegendary said:
I found a level 30 Mewtwo in Mt. Coronet (spelled right?), is that a bug or are you supposed to find him there?

So far this version has been much more fun than the original game, so thanks!
It's not a bug. In certain places, previous gen legendaries have a 5% chance of showing up.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xvolution said:
I might take up that request to make the pokemon encounter list, but I have a question first:

When I opened the extracted pl_enc_data.narc file, I noticed that under each category (times the pokemon can be found in that location) a single pokemon can take up multiple boxes. So does each box represent a percentage chance of that pokemon appearing in that location, and a pokemon taking up multiple boxes increases its chances of appearing? I'm thinking one box = 5% chance of the pokemon appearing.

Yes, each box makes up a certain % rate. However, it seems that not all boxes are = 5%, i.e. the upper left box does get MUCH more encounters than bottom right (where i placed the legendaries). I don't know how much % each box has, it would be very useful if someone knew this. (Also, are there different % rates for the boxes for each route?)

QUOTE(Tac 21 @ May 27 2009, 07:43 AM) some suggestions.

change the trainer music back- we don't need to have it modified because there are gameshark cheats for that- the trim thing is no exuse either.

have Cyius at the battleground... somehow.

damn.. drawing a blank for now.

If you want to change it back, you can use the untrimmed version and apply the music hack with it.
"the trim thing is no exuse either" - what exactly are you trying to say? If you don't need the trimmed version, just don't use it.

Cyrus at the battleground might be possible, but i will need to wait for the next release of PPRE. Or, someone tells me the Script Number for this Battle House (ive already got the event location: 433) and i can look into it, but it's rather unlikely, since i don't really see how i would end up with the day-system (random trainer for each day).

What is much more possible is that i replace a Gym trainer or so with Cyrus (in the battle house, not in the gym of course). I would change the appearance & it's Pokemon and it would be all good. But we'd be suffering from another lost trainer...

morter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wolfsclaw said:
TBH, I expect most players to raise only one Pokémon, at least in the beginning. It is and was always more difficult to raise multiple Pokémon at once, so if you want to make it easier, focus on one pokemon, for example your starter
smile.gif
. Anyway, you can continue this way and i can guarantee that it does get a lot easier after the third gym or so. The next time i lost a battle was against the top four(five) champion, so you won't always have to waltz into grass for wild pokemon for hours, at least not between third gym and the top four.

So there's nothing going to be done about the wild pokemon around the first 3 gyms? =(

That's a shame, cause that just means a hell of a lot of needless grinding...

Needless in the sense that it can be quickened

(Unless you can teach me how to go in there and mess with the values myself? =P)

ipeefreeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wolfsclaw said:
xvolution said:

Yes, each box makes up a certain % rate. However, it seems that not all boxes are = 5%, i.e. the upper left box does get MUCH more encounters than bottom right (where i placed the legendaries). I don't know how much % each box has, it would be very useful if someone knew this. (Also, are there different % rates for the boxes for each route?)

I was wondering this too because I've spent hours trying to get a Chikorita and a Squirtle. Bulbasaurs seem frighteningly common. It would be nice if we knew what percent each box was.

RenHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone compiled a list of which Pokemon you can catch where, for those of us who don't want to decompile the ROM and look through source code?

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can catch an Elekid at Rt. 207 (for example) or you can catch a Lvl. 41 Electabuzz at Route 222.

A Feebas is rather rare, but so far i know that it can be found through surfing in Twinleaf Town, mostly Barboach here, but also Feebas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/retroarch-ce-unofficial-psx-place-community-edition.32272/