Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mehmile said:
Nope, still not fixed.

QUOTE(BurlyEd @ May 23 2009, 08:56 PM) 1.1-test-untrimmed.patch works perfectly on my EDGE.
I made it through the Eterna City Galaxy Building without any problem.
Thanks!

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Well, I ... don't really know what to do with this, but seeing that it worked for BurlyEd and for me too, I think it's more likely that mehmile has done something wrong.
I have uploaded 1.1 now (which is 1.0 with the major bugfix).
Be sure to read the readme thoroughly.

MD5 checksums seem to be crucial in making sure that it works properly.

What I need now is (more) feedback about the bugfix: Did it work? Are the MD5 checksums correct? Could you enter the galactic building in eterna city?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW Nice patch! This game makes me think for once. Everything works fine, using 1.1! BTW what level does Dratini evolve? Mine is like lvl 22 and no joy!

EDIT! NVM level 30 im a dumbass

mercenary96

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To my question again. To enable all pokemonI just have to copy over the .narc files from the "encountdata" folder into the german rom for example?

EDIT:
seems to work that way

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tested the "problem area" using 1.1. Got past it just fine (used the trimmed patch version).

I agree that it might be due to corruption that occurs when the game is patched. Checksum checked out when I patched mine.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xvolution said:
Just tested the "problem area" using 1.1. Got past it just fine (used the trimmed patch version).

I agree that it might be due to corruption that occurs when the game is patched. Checksum checked out when I patched mine.

same with me

it is the problem when patching ...maybe people rush te patch or maybe there is a corruption while patching

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why don't you release an ips patch? Is the patch too big or because you want a trimmed version?
People who want a trimmed game can do it after having their game patched.

xvolution

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linuks said:
Why don't you release an ips patch? Is the patch too big or because you want a trimmed version?
People who want a trimmed game can do it after having their game patched.
I remember hearing somewhere that IPS patches for DS games can be quite huge (like ~45MB in size). That's probably why it's not used.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use my patched .nds ROM, then replace the pl_msg.narc file with that of the French/German/etc version. You will, however, lose all my text edits this way.

IPS has a file size limit of 16MB. UPS patching creates a huge patch file (last i tried over 80MB), which is why i prefer xdelta - which does not only create small-sized patch files, but also IS easy to use when following my given instructions.

The bug was my fault; I had been using a corrupted 'clean' rom, which i never really noticed, until i compared it with a really clean file. And this is what i'm using now, fresh downloaded. The patching end-user had got a slightly corrupted rom file that way, because his clean rom was different from mine (which wasn't clean). It worked, but had weird bugs in it as described.
Long story short, I've found the bug, everythings clean now, I can now continue adding features
smile.gif

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks wolfsclaw- prehaps it was the slightly new method, but I've got this one to work WITH cheats as well, prehaps it was the new patching method.- I'll report and oddities as i personally go though it.

on a side note... a level 81 jolteon?? (volkners rematch) holy hell. thats high, higher then then prefect platinums challenge edition.

Waeran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I encountered another bug.
Something's wrong with the VS Seeker: After using it and the "!!"'s popping up above the trainers' heads, the trainers won't fight me. Instead, they just keep saying their usual phrases.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^weird... I was just going to try that...

yeah. Gym leader rematches are in their level 80s... with one extra poke.

interesting hack- a lot of effort is put into it I see.

blitzenmarie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Waeran said:
I think I encountered another bug.
Something's wrong with the VS Seeker: After using it and the "!!"'s popping up above the trainers' heads, the trainers won't fight me. Instead, they just keep saying their usual phrases.

Are you using a no recharge time cheat for the vs. seeker? If so, I've noticed that even with the regular platinum game, if I use that cheat the same thing happens to me. The only way I can ever get them to re battle me is if I stand directly in front of them, then use the vs. seeker, then talk to them. If i use the vs. seeker, then walk over to them, they just say their normal lines.

Wolfsclaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tac 21 said:
thanks wolfsclaw- prehaps it was the slightly new method, but I've got this one to work WITH cheats as well, prehaps it was the new patching method.- I'll report and oddities as i personally go though it.

on a side note... a level 81 jolteon?? (volkners rematch) holy hell. thats high, higher then then prefect platinums challenge edition.

Hm... but the cheats do only work with the untrimmed version, right?

Also, i believe volkner is pretty much doable
smile.gif
I've battled my way through my hack, had a level 81 salamence with me in the top four and when battling volkner&flint i was at about 85. after going through stark mountain and having defeated most of the trainers on the routes of that extra island, my salamence is at level 93. I haven't raised any other Pokemon.

Wait till you battle your Rival (especially for the third+ time
wink.gif
), HE is hard to beat (at least with a dragon against his metagross
tongue.gif
).

As for the vs. seeker, i never had a problem with it. I believe it's in the cheats that you might be using, as already pointed out...

By the way, has anyone found a legendary pokemon yet?
tongue.gif
I mean, one of the new old ones, not the obligatory DPP giratina-dialga-cresselia-etc ones. I encountered Latios, but accidentally killed it.... d'oh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.