ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heads up, today I refactored the design of the downloadable packages for this hack.
  • There are no more "Distribution Packs". The files necessary to build CIAs, 3DS files, and HANS files are now included in the regular downloads.
  • The script files used to build 3DS and CIA files are now much simpler to use. It is still recommended that you use the Luma3DS Drag & Drop method.
  • Installation instructions (both in the OP of this thread and the files included in the download package) have been updated.
  • Now includes a specific guide for dumping your game with Godmode9.
This is not an update to the ROM hack, the actual hack is still on v1.9.

This format is what I'll be using for the Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon release.

Last edited by Dio Vento,
Reactions: RustInPeace

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that means it only works for the USA version of S/M?
Or could I patch the EUR version too?
And play on a other language?
It works on EUR and JPN versions of the game just fine. If you play a language other than English, you'll miss out on text changes: for example, some characters are like WOW, I LOVE MY CLEFFA! and then throw down a team of Pokémon that doesn't include a Cleffa. If you're a competent English reader, I recommend playing this hack in English.

Conquest223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if I did something wrong or not. The shop keepers are not updated for me, they lower their prices but they didn't change what they sell. I'm using the drag and drop method and playing pokemon nova sun. Every version is at the latest update.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if I did something wrong or not. The shop keepers are not updated for me, they lower their prices but they didn't change what they sell. I'm using the drag and drop method and playing pokemon nova sun. Every version is at the latest update.
Make sure that shop.cro is present in /luma/titles/TITLEID/romfs. Re-download the game if the file isn't present.

EDIT: If you downloaded the game in the past week, there's a chance you don't have the shop.cro file for Drag and Drop in the appropriate location. Re-download the game to fix this, or save bandwidth by grabbing shop.cro directly. If you grab it from this, comment, note that it will not be compatible with CIA or 3DS builds of the game, but the shop.cro for those is correctly included in the download packs.

The shop.cro file goes in:
SD:\luma\titles\0004000000164800\romfs for Nova Sun
SD:\luma\titles\0004000000175E00\romfs for Umbra Moon

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Conquest223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shop.cro wasn't included in the build i downloaded, that shop.cro link you sent me fixed it. Thanks again for spending your time making this great rom hack for the community and thanks for helping me out with this issue.

Reactions: Hacks

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shop.cro wasn't included in the build i downloaded, that shop.cro link you sent me fixed it. Thanks again for spending your time making this great rom hack for the community and thanks for helping me out with this issue.
No problem. I fixed the download links not including shop.cro as well.

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason the all_in_one.bat is failing to create the modified cia file for me it says it did but the is no such file in the extra files folder after it's done.....

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing this, it's great so far. But when I got to Aether's paradise fir the first time, it just crashes. This hasn't happened until now. Playing using CFW.
I've heard scattered reports of this happening, usually on Old 3DS or Old 2DS consoles. No idea how to fix it or what's causing it, I suggest disabling Luma's Game Patching code for the trip to the Paradise and saving and re-enabling it once you're past the cutscene.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something with 1.9, in at least the expanded build, there's no Shop.cro file in the luma folder. There's one buried in the package (/Extra_Files/ROM_Files/romfs), but it freezes the game when I talk to someone at the Mart. I ended up copy/pasting from Umbra Moon 1.8, the .cro file there, no issues.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something with 1.9, in at least the expanded build, there's no Shop.cro file in the luma folder. There's one buried in the package (/Extra_Files/ROM_Files/romfs), but it freezes the game when I talk to someone at the Mart. I ended up copy/pasting from Umbra Moon 1.8, the .cro file there, no issues.
This was fixed Friday morning.

Reactions: RustInPeace

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason the all_in_one.bat is failing to create the modified cia file for me it says it did but the is no such file in the extra files folder after it's done.....
I'm still having the same issue with both nova sun and umbra moon extended version with neither one creating a modified cia......

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having the same issue with both nova sun and umbra moon extended version with neither one creating a modified cia......
Did you dump your own cartridge or installed eShop copy of the game to the appropriate location, as per the instructions?

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you dump your own cartridge or installed eShop copy of the game to the appropriate location, as per the instructions?
My own from a cartridge then I put it in the extra files folder and renamed it rom.cia like the instructions said. The all_in_one.bat and the rebuild_cia.bat both say that it created a modified cia but there is none in the extra files folder..... I also tried nova sun from a legit cia and it partly works in the since that it creates on but neither big blue box or fbi can install it.....

Last edited by susanoomon,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My own from a cartridge then I put it in the extra files folder and renamed it rom.cia like the instructions said. The all_in_one.bat and the rebuild_cia.bat both say that it created a modified cia but there is none in the extra files folder..... I also tried nova sun from a legit cia and it partly works in the since that it creates on but neither big blue box or fbi can install it.....
If it's from a cartridge, you should dump it as a 3DS file named rom.3ds instead of as a cia. You can rebuild the game as a CIA if you dumped the game as a 3DS file.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did but nothing happened.....
Dunno what to tell you. I just tested it myself dumping Sun from my cartridge from the download pack that's available, and it worked fine. Run the extraction with the single-task script and look for errors. If there's a low space error, it means you need to clear space on your system drive (where AppData is stored).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4