ROM Hack Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

ewmcelfresh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get Snorlium Z without a save editor? Also, thanks for this hack. I don't possess a way to capture my game, but I have been attempting a Nuzlocke, and almost had a TPK in the jungle. Very challenging.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get Snorlium Z without a save editor? Also, thanks for this hack. I don't possess a way to capture my game, but I have been attempting a Nuzlocke, and almost had a TPK in the jungle. Very challenging.
Z Crystals unfortunately don't unlock properly if you acquire one through a method other than the intended event.

Reactions: ewmcelfresh

mimics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you install via CIA and also use the Drag and Drop method, yes. Otherwise, the CIA is incompatible with v1.2 of Sun and Moon.
Aight cool, so if I install the CIA, then install the Drag & Drop to the Umbra Moon CIA, I can then download the update and play while still having the custom banner/icon?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aight cool, so if I install the CIA, then install the Drag & Drop to the Umbra Moon CIA, I can then download the update and play while still having the custom banner/icon?
Yes. The custom icon might not work if you've had regular Moon installed via the eShop or a CIA (the 3DS caches those) but the banner will show as Umbra Moon with the build you choose.

mimics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get an error when I try to use the Distribution packs Setup.bat, I dumped my rom from app not cartridge (was previously dumped from my cartridge though) and it says Error: uncompress error\Error:extract file failed. I also tried extracting my rom with HackingToolKit and renamed the files to the work with the setup.bat correctly, and got a different error when it tried patching it.

Edit: after some waiting it will continue to do the extracting but after choosing how I want my file it gives me another error, it will again after waiting finish and say it was complete but im not sure if it will work correctly with these errors?
https://gyazo.com/26638774a8807bc09040b5e3c4712849

Last edited by mimics,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error when I try to use the Distribution packs Setup.bat, I dumped my rom from app not cartridge (was previously dumped from my cartridge though) and it says Error: uncompress error\Error:extract file failed. I also tried extracting my rom with HackingToolKit and renamed the files to the work with the setup.bat correctly, and got a different error when it tried patching it.

Edit: after some waiting it will continue to do the extracting but after choosing how I want my file it gives me another error, it will again after waiting finish and say it was complete but im not sure if it will work correctly with these errors?
https://gyazo.com/26638774a8807bc09040b5e3c4712849
Try using Godmode9 to extract the ROMFS and EXEFS folders from inside the installed ROM directly on the 3DS.

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking around and I can't find an answer: is it possible to restore the outlines when playing these?

I love the hacks, but I actually prefer the look of the game with the original outlines (some Pokemon just don't look quite right without them).

EDIT: Maybe it was because I was on an older version. I deleted my old installation and copied over the newest version, and the outlines are back.

Last edited by castdreams,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking around and I can't find an answer: is it possible to restore the outlines when playing these?

I love the hacks, but I actually prefer the look of the game with the original outlines (some Pokemon just don't look quite right without them).
These hacks don't remove the outlines. The trailer removes them because they look terrible on Citra, and the instructions for Citra include a step to remove the outlines.

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These hacks don't remove the outlines. The trailer removes them because they look terrible on Citra, and the instructions for Citra include a step to remove the outlines.
Yeah, I re-downloaded and the outlines are back now.

I have no clue how I disabled them in the first place. I've never gone out of my way to remove the outlines, and I swear I've always downloaded through this thread's download link.

Did any earlier versions include the no outline patch? Or is that even possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night