Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a Pokemon Yellow remake, so gen1 movesets are pretty much a given and you're probably right about breeding but we'll see. There's no reason to believe TMs/HMs have been removed, there are simply far fewer to worry about in gen1.

None of this is making a case for it being more "casual," though. It's just making the case that it's staying truer to its roots as a remake.
hmm no you see bulbasaur had take down wich is not the moveset of gen 1, like i said im betting on only 4 unlockable moves per pokemon, or you keep catching pokemons to get the 4 moves you want and they are fixed per pokemon, wich sounds something simplified that fits on this game, i doubt there are any tms or hms in this game at all.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
hmm no you see bulbasaur had take down wich is not the moveset of gen 1, like i said im betting on only 4 unlockable moves per pokemon, or you keep catching pokemons to get the 4 moves you want and they are fixed per pokemon, wich sounds something simplified that fits on this game, i doubt there are any tms or hms in this game at all.
That's a big assumption to make with no evidence to back it up. Take Down is TM09 and Bulbasaur can learn it in gen1, so that seems the likeliest explanation.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
running away? maybe, running towards you i doubt it, since you cant battle wild pokemons and you can simply catch them or escape there is basicaly no interest on a pokemon charge you because you will never fail to run away since your pokemon isnt out so wild pokemon never attacks lol.
Maybe they just really want to be captured. :P But yeah, would make more sense, if they actually attacked.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's a big assumption to make with no evidence to back it up. Take Down is TM09 and Bulbasaur can learn it in gen1, so that seems the likeliest explanation.
lets wait and see becuase the 3 atacks on a lvl 18 pikachu can only be explained to me by the logic i used of pokemons only having 4 moves that are unlocked, becuase there is no reason for a lvl 18 pikachu to have only 3 attacks besides that imo.

Maybe they just really want to be captured. :P But yeah, would make more sense, if they actually attacked.
unless the trainer itself is attacked and dies :P

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets wait and see becuase the 3 atacks on a lvl 18 pikachu can only be explained to me by the logic i used of pokemons only having 4 moves that are unlocked, becuase there is no reason for a lvl 18 pikachu to have only 3 attacks besides that imo.
There could also be another unique mechanic added to this game where you get to decide if a Pokemon gets to learn a new move if it doesn't know 4 moves already because it is REALLY weird that Pikachu only knows 3 attacks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There could also be another unique mechanic added to this game where you get to decide if a Pokemon gets to learn a new move if it doesn't know 4 moves already because it is REALLY weird that Pikachu only knows 3 attacks.
why would anyone refuse to learn an extra move really? there is no benefics on not learning the 4 move, anything is better than nothing lol, i really doubt that mechanic tbh.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know why the Go catching is a big deal to anyone - you *still* have standard battles. A little bit of motion controls is enough to make Nintendo fans cry foul? I thought that was Nintendo's spiel since the Wii. Grow up, guys - for once the game looks nice and fresh, and I'm apparently the resident "Sony Fanboy".

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would anyone refuse to learn an extra move really? there is no benefics on not learning the 4 move, anything is better than nothing lol, i really doubt that mechanic tbh.
Looking at the target audience and them being used to a Pokemon knowing 2 moves only, it might be less surprising than you think. I honestly can't think of any other reason outside of being able to access the Move Deleter earlier in this game.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a Pokemon Yellow remake, so gen1 movesets are pretty much a given and you're probably right about breeding but we'll see. There's no reason to believe TMs/HMs have been removed, there are simply far fewer to worry about in gen1.

None of this is making a case for it being more "casual," though. It's just making the case that it's staying truer to its roots as a remake.

game freak n the Pokémon company both confirmed HM moves are replaced with Pokémon ridding via tweeter

Reactions: Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why the Go catching is a big deal to anyone - you *still* have standard battles.
The Go catching itself, isn't really the problem. It is pretty needless to takeaway battles away from Pokemon. Would feel like a big part of Pokemon is missing, because it is, if the decide to do this for future games. Feels good to feel like I earned my Pokemon. Also, idk, they feel more alive. As someone pointed, there is really no reason for Pokemon to attack you suddenly, seek you out or keep you from running, when there are no battles. Not to mention the leveling up/exp issues it brings, that wasn't there before.

What would sell more Eevee or Pikachu?
Pikachu has Raichu but Eevee has the evolutions.
Probably Pikachu. Not only do I think they are still more popular, but you can't evolve the starting Pokemon.

game freak n the Pokémon company both confirmed HM moves are replaced with Pokémon ridding via tweeter
We really don't need HM moves anymore.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Go catching itself, isn't really the problem. It is pretty needless to takeaway battles away from Pokemon. Would feel like a big part of Pokemon is missing, because it is, if the decide to do this for future games. Feels good to feel like I earned my Pokemon. Also, idk, they feel more alive. As someone pointed, there is really no reason for Pokemon to attack you suddenly, seek you out or keep you from running, when there are no battles. Not to mention the leveling up/exp issues it brings, that wasn't there before.
Literally all that's changing is whether you press a button or wiggle your controller. No big deal.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good, android games are being ported to switch finally!

And the graphics is even better than pokemon green/red/blue :D

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can still battle with Pokemon though, it's not a tapathon like Go is. Who cares how you catch them?

I don’t think you understand how encountering wild Pokemon will work in this game. There are no battles with wild pokemon, only other trainers. Catching them using the Pokemon Go mechanic is the only thing you can do when encountering a wild pokemon!

Last edited by Jokiz,
Reactions: chartube12

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can still battle with Pokemon though, it's not a tapathon like Go is. Who cares how you catch them?
becuase trainer battles only battle mode is a small thing, you cannot battle wild pokemon,in most games ou usualy battle way more wild pokemons than trainers for lvl up pokemons,evolve,learn new moves, here you will just have to catch them to gain exp over and over again, its much more tedious than actualy training, imagine the wrist flicks you will need to make a low lvl pokemon caught later in the game and train it srs.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry I knew that about HMs, just forgot about Pokeride. Doesn't make things more casual though, that was in US/UM and it keeps you from needing HM slaves.

I don’t think you understand how encountering wild Pokemon will work in this game. There are no battles with wild pokemon, only other trainers. Catching them using the Pokemon Go mechanic is the only thing you can do when encountering a wild pokemon!
He's obviously very aware of that, but people need to stop pretending like battling wild Pokemon was their favorite part of the game. It was tedious and you'd end up running from about half of them. Are there other ways they could've streamlined the process? Probably. Do I care that it takes less time to capture Pokemon and you can see which Pokemon you'll encounter on the overworld, though? Not at all, in fact I prefer that.

Last edited by Xzi,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A cool idea that I don't see them implementing would be to combine the catching mechanics of Pokemon Go with the traditional method of weakening a Pokemon before you throw a Ball. Best of both worlds, you know?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, sorry I knew that about HMs, just forgot about Pokeride. Doesn't make things more casual though, that was in US/UM and it keeps you from needing HM slaves.

He's obviously very aware of that, but people need to stop pretending like battling wild Pokemon was their favorite part of the game. It was tedious and you'd end up running from about half of them. Are there other ways they could've streamlined the process? Probably. Do I care that it takes less time to capture Pokemon and you can see which Pokemon you'll encounter on the overworld, though? Not at all, in fact I prefer that.
Hit the nail on the head. Anyone who, in earnest, wants to say that they enjoyed being at the mercy of the RNG and walking back and forth a patch of grass just to end up losing the Pokemon because it felt like running away for no reason is out of their mind. There's no enjoyment in tedium. Wild Pokemon shouldn’t be particularly good at fighting anyway, that's the whole point of training them.
becuase trainer battles only battle mode is a small thing, you cannot battle wild pokemon,in most games ou usualy battle way more wild pokemons than trainers for lvl up pokemons,evolve,learn new moves, here you will just have to catch them to gain exp over and over again, its much more tedious than actualy training, imagine the wrist flicks you will need to make a low lvl pokemon caught later in the game and train it srs.
Trainer battles are easily the most paramount and enjoyable part of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo