Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced

DeaHBqAWsAETT3o.jpg

Announced officially by the Pokemon Company in Japan. Launches November 16 of this year. It takes players back to Kanto, it's based on Pokemon Yellow. Switch exclusive.

poket.PNG

onix.PNG

You can choose between Eevee or Pikachu, and they'll ride on your head, just like the rumors.

cute.PNG
You can swing the Joy-Con to catch Pokemon, similarly to how you do in Pokemon Go.
Has local multiplayer features.
You can take the Pokeball accessory with you like the Pokewalker.
You can ride on Pokemon like Onix.
Has Pokemon Go transfers.

nbox.PNG

D

Deleted User

I don't have high hopes for this game at all. It just seems to gimmick-y to cash in on the immense success of Pokemon Go.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hit the nail on the head. Anyone who, in earnest, wants to say that they enjoyed being at the mercy of the RNG and walking back and forth a patch of grass just to end up losing the Pokemon because it felt like running away for no reason is out of their mind. There's no enjoyment in tedium. Wild Pokemon shouldn’t be particularly good at fighting anyway, that's the whole point of training them.
Trainer battles are easily the most paramount and enjoyable part of the game.
you do get that you can fail to catch pokemon in go style even more often right?
no pokemons ever run away from you unless they are roaming legendarys you either kill them or run away or catch them, they dont run away from you on the games unless they are roaming legendarys, on pokemon go after failling a couple pokebals they will just run away from you and you loose them its even worst specialy stronger pokemons who move around alot.
in normal mode if you get that pokemon to red hp and have some balls its a garanted catch basicaly.

also if you saw the trailer pokemons appear on some areas so its still rng i bet we have to keep entering and exiting the area to make some of the rarer pokemons appear on the overworld too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
no pokemons ever run away from you unless they are roaming legendarys you either kill them or run away or catch them, they dont run away from you on the games unless they are roaming legendarys, on pokemon go after failling a couple pokebals they will just run away from you and you loose them its even worst specialy stronger pokemons who move around alot.
Pokemon do occasionally run in GO, but "after failing a couple pokeballs" is a ludicrous over-exaggeration. The only ones I've seen run at all in my recent time playing GO were very high wild CP, which usually equates to low IVs anyway. Run chance is randomized for those at the start of battle AFAIK. In addition, you have to be pretty bad to not get a "nice" or "great" throw every time, either of which significantly increases your chance of capture (also berries you can feed to further increase the chance). Veterans will probably catch on the first throw every time, because it's easy to figure out which ball to use, whether to use berries, and to hit it dead center. Lastly, Abra always ran in gen1.

I mean, first you said this was too casual, now you're saying it's too hard? Pick one.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pokemon do occasionally run in GO, but "after failing a couple pokeballs" is a ludicrous over-exaggeration. The only ones I've seen run at all in my recent time playing GO were very high wild CP, which usually equates to low IVs anyway. Run chance is randomized for those at the start of battle AFAIK. In addition, you have to be pretty bad to not get a "nice" or "great" throw every time, either of which significantly increases your chance of capture (also berries you can feed to further increase the chance). Veterans will probably catch on the first throw every time, because it's easy to figure out which ball to use, whether to use berries, and to hit it dead center. Lastly, Abra always ran in gen1.

I mean, first you said this was too casual, now you're saying it's too hard? Pick one.
abras didnt run they used teleport wich is a move its diferent lol :P

i was just pointing out its far easier for a pokemon to run in go than in normal core games lol they dont run at all.

now i wonder we saw on the trailer that there are pokebals and ultra balls and there are marts too, so if you have to pay for pokeballs and you need to keep catching wild pokemons to train and get exp its better those trainers give out some serious money lol or you wont gain for pokeballs.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
now i wonder we saw on the trailer that there are pokebals and ultra balls and there are marts too, so if you have to pay for pokeballs and you need to keep catching wild pokemons to train and get exp its better those trainers give out some serious money lol or you wont gain for pokeballs.
Chances are there will be a lot more trainers than in the original Yellow. Or you just gain money and exp with each catch.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People need to stop "pretending" that people can't enjoy both the wild Pokemon battles and trainer battles. As for running away. Now you will just be avoiding them in real time and some of them don't even stay in their "encounter areas". Lot of these complaints still seem to be more focused on the randomization than the battling wild Pokemon aspect itself.

Honestly, you guys seem like you would be more happy with another "Pokemon Stadium" like game than a full Pokemon rpg.

A cool idea that I don't see them implementing would be to combine the catching mechanics of Pokemon Go with the traditional method of weakening a Pokemon before you throw a Ball. Best of both worlds, you know?
What they should have done.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
it will be wierd that wild pokemon drop money :P
Well, the whole idea is that you're out on this journey to help Oak, right? Why can't that cheap geezer wire you some money for each new species added to the Dex? :P

Honestly, you guys seem like you would be more happy with another "Pokemon Stadium" like game than a full Pokemon rpg.
How does that make any sense? Nobody's asking to cut out everything but the battling.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People need to stop "pretending" that people can't enjoy both the wild Pokemon battles and trainer battles. As for running away. Now you will just be avoiding them in real time and some of them don't even stay in their "encounter areas". Lot of these complaints still seem to be more focused on the randomization than the battling wild Pokemon aspect itself.

What they should have done.
yeah keeping wild battles and go catch mechanics after weaking would have been the best imo.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah keeping wild battles and go catch mechanics after weaking would have been the best imo.
Short of giving us the option at the beginning for either GO catching or regular catching, the best thing they could've done is announce the next games at the same time with regular battling/catching. Which is exactly what they did. There's no arguing that the fear of any change whatsoever has been holding Pokemon back for years, however. People really would've been happier with "Pokemon Stars," which just baffles me.

Last edited by Xzi,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you do get that you can fail to catch pokemon in go style even more often right?
in normal mode if you get that pokemon to red hp and have some balls its a garanted catch basicaly.

also if you saw the trailer pokemons appear on some areas so its still rng i bet we have to keep entering and exiting the area to make some of the rarer pokemons appear on the overworld too.
Demonstrably false, play Go a little bit before you speak.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, the whole idea is that you're out on this journey to help Oak, right? Why can't that cheap geezer wire you some money for each new species added to the Dex? :P
well he already gives you the first pokemon, pokedex
Short of giving us the option at the beginning for either GO catching or regular catching, the best thing they could've done is announce the next games at the same time with regular battling/catching. Which is exactly what they did. There's no arguing that the fear of any change whatsoever has been holding Pokemon back for years, however. People really would've been happier with "Pokemon Stars," which just baffles me.
well they changed stuff in sun and moon, toten pokemon, no more gyms and such and see how that went, it went much worse becuase for every change gamefreak is afraid the kids dont know how to play it so they give us a tutorial every 10 minutes...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they changed stuff in sun and moon, toten pokemon, no more gyms and such and see how that went, it went much worse becuase for every change gamefreak is afraid the kids dont know how to play it so they give us a tutorial every 10 minutes...
Didn't really feel like that was really that bad, but a "have you played Pokemon before" option would really help that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Didn't really feel like that was really that bad, but a "have you played Pokemon before" option would really help that.
problem is every trial or every pokeride and such we got a long cutscene explaining everything, it made the passing of the game really bad.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did they actually say that none of this would carry over into the mainstream game or is this inference from their words? I've seen a lot of spinoffs and this doesn't appear to just be a spinoff.

It appears to be a pilot to see how these changes will be accepted. I think the success or failure of this game could have a large effect on the actual "mainstream" games.

That said everyone said Moon wasn't very good and I really haven't seen a problem considering the primary audience was children .

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did they actually say that none of this would carry over into the mainstream game or is this inference from their words? I've seen a lot of spinoffs and this doesn't appear to just be a spinoff.

It appears to be a pilot to see how these changes will be accepted. I think the success or failure of this game could have a large effect on the actual "mainstream" games.

That said everyone said Moon wasn't very good and I really haven't seen a problem considering the primary audience was children .
well considering you cant transfer over your pokemon from sun and moon makes it hard to accept as a main title really i would guess this will be a secondary series like mystery dungeon series, if this succeeds i can see lets go crystal based and emerald based imo.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's another interview, that I believe wasn't posted. Link

The most interesting things I got out of it was,

1) They don't know how these games fit in the series.

2) That they didn't want to change core features like wild Pokemon battles. They did it specifically for this game, to make it an new and easier experience for kids. So, for the people that enjoy them, I don't think you have to worry about it being gone for good, outside "Let's Go" titles.

3) They don't want to split the fanbase. They hope this game brings the Pokemon Go and Pokemon fans together. Well... good luck with that. lol

4) They said they already planned from the get go to make this game and the game in 2019, two different "series" of games. Hoping this series pick up more kids.

5) Well, better to just quote.
Related to that, looking forward, do you envisage there being two series of Pokémon games, say a Let's Go series and a main series like Sun and Moon - are there going to be two or are they going to come together again?

Masuda: So I'd say there's a possibility of that, should the games sell really well and obviously a lot of people play them, but right now we're really focusing on the development, and just getting a lot of people to play the games in the first place!
As a lot of people guessed, it is up in the air until they see the sells.

6) They are open to making Pokemon a more open world game like the newest Mario and Zelda, but don't want to risk accessibility and going too far. They want everyone to play their games, not just kids or adults.

They probably want one series to cater to everyone, but it is just easier for them and for us, if they just make two different series or at least two different modes of playing, I guess.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here's another interview, that I believe wasn't posted. Link

The most interesting things I got out of it was,

1) They don't know how these games fit in the series.

2) That they didn't want to change core features like wild Pokemon battles. They did it specifically for this game, to make it an new and easier experience for kids. So, for the people that enjoy them, I don't think you have to worry about it being gone for good, outside "Let's Go" titles.

3) They don't want to split the fanbase. They hope this game brings the Pokemon Go and Pokemon fans together. Well... good luck with that. lol

4) They said they already planned from the get go to make this game and the game in 2019, two different "series" of games. Hoping this series pick up more kids.

5) Well, better to just quote.

As a lot of people guessed, it is up in the air until they see the sells.

6) They are open to making Pokemon a more open world game like the newest Mario and Zelda, but don't want to risk accessibility and going too far. They want everyone to play their games, not just kids or adults.

They probably want one series to cater to everyone, but it is just easier for them and for us, if they just make two different series or at least two different modes of playing, I guess.
like i said they will probably keep them separated series like mystery dungeon, im fine with lets go continue its own thing and normal pokemon games continue aswhell, i want to see lets go crystal based next :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.