Not open for further replies.

andym1989

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
been playing patch 3.0 on my CycloDS with v1.55 firmware and so far i haven't had it freeze or any black screens, one thing i noticed though is when you catch a pokemon that is sent to the pc it says "Pokemon was sent to Box _ of Bebe's PC", shouldn't it say Bill's PC

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
iNNERDEATH said:
demonicstrife said:
iNNERDEATH said:
Raqib12, You said 100% of the pokedex is translated, do you mind inserting it in the next patch? as of 3.0 whe whole pokedex is still japanese =\
The Pokédex 100% only applies to the localized patches, as only the names of the Pokémon are translated.

There is no real need to translate the entries, because when you receive a Pokémon from a different region, such as one of the US games, it's entry will be displayed in whatever language the Pokémon's region is (only after acquiring the National Dex and doing a certain something).

I was talking about the pokedex button/menus not each pokemon entry ^^
Those happen to be graphics, which there are no English replacements for related to the Dex. So unless we find someone who's EPIC AWESOME at making and swapping graphics, there's nothing we can do about that. As far as I know.
pokegolddex.jpg

I just need to learn how to swap the graphics out and I'll gladly offer my assistance. For any translation patch. [this, kazo's or even the french/german patches]

Raqib12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RawkHawk said:
Thank you so much! I was given the chance to review these games for a site, as well as posting a blog, and the Japanese menus gave me trouble, but with this patch, it made it all so much easier for me. I've encountered no bugs or anything. The major thing I wanna see, and I apologise if it's been mentioned, is PokeGear names. I'd like to see who called me as it'll help me understand the message.

The one thing I noticed was that the Mystery Egg had been translated (name and description). Not sure if it's mentioned already though.

I'm translating the important names only. As for the generic names, I'm considering doing what linkandzelda did for his ShinyGold hack, and throwing in the names of people that would like to be "present" in the game, so to speak.

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkandzelda created Liquid Crystal whilst Zell created Shiny Gold.

Anyway if you need help swapping the Jap text for english text on graphics just PM me. I can do it blind folded (so to speak).

-Krobelus

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I am confirming both HG and SS working perfectly, no freezes, or any problems

This is on EDGE flash cards, Your good to go on 3.0 EDGE fans

Post your status

I just beat the 7th gym leader

lex23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cannonman said:
lex23 said:
Cannonman said:
lex23 said:
Cannonman said:
Which firmware do you have to be on for it to work on the EZ V
im using v14 on [705] Ez VI
are you using Kernel 2.0 RC5 too
and this patch

yes rc5
so how did you get it to work can you tell me please

just dl the 3.0 patch, patch the clean rom, put it into the sd and that's all. even the clean rom works.. what's your problem?

Dasthug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty amazed at how fast these translations are being churned out, its cool stuff. I got a question for you guys who are, say, 5+ gyms in: As someone who never played the original gold/silver, will I be able to actually progress through the game with the available translations just by following whatever paths are open and checking out old G/S FAQ's when I'm stuck?

lex23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dasthug said:
I'm pretty amazed at how fast these translations are being churned out, its cool stuff. I got a question for you guys who are, say, 5+ gyms in: As someone who never played the original gold/silver, will I be able to actually progress through the game with the available translations just by following whatever paths are open and checking out old G/S FAQ's when I'm stuck?

if u now spanish there's a site that is making a faq also with images

nyczxjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this patch work with the R4i for the DSi? Also does this patch also prevent the freezing of the ROM as well as translating it?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dasthug said:

Yes. They are subtle changes however, such as Elm's assistant that gives you the mystery egg, being in the Pokémart instead of the Center.

AgumonDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works on EZ V?! Amazing!

I will test it soon, but, what version of the kernel did you use? I have 1.90 Openbeta 11 in a V Plus.

Greetings!

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh, I would love to be in the game as a generic name. My name is Scott, or you can use LagFighter if you prefer. BananaX is also acceptable. That would be awesome if I could be in it.

lex23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AgumonDX said:
It works on EZ V?! Amazing!

I will test it soon, but, what version of the kernel did you use? I have 1.90 Openbeta 11 in a V Plus.

Greetings!

i used ez vi with 2.0 rc5 kernel

Sheikonh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. Can I apply this patch for the translation on a rom that is already patched with DSATM? (I use an AR cheat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.